The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 hours ago, SNI2 said:

Last I checked IDF, everyone (myself included) was predicting Kelly would have trouble filling up her team, because of Ariana. Now it seems she has the team to beat. How does Kelly pulled that one off? 

Grace And Mamrie GIF by This Might Get

Considering Kelly's basically allergic to genre labeling + can be very persuasive, I expected a decent team even with Ariana there, but this team so far is a whole other level of war zone.

It's likely Ariana's also got some good people in her back pocket, but without more names for Team Ari/Team Grande, we won't know for sure for a while just how strong her team is.

• Like 1

Minivan can definitely make exceptions for different reasons. In this case, Wendy's huge experience ought to guarantee consistency from her every week, to the point where it could become undeniable for the audience, and they might bring her to the win.

• Like 4

Just now, Misirlou said:

Minivan can definitely make exceptions for different reasons. In this case, Wendy's huge experience ought to guarantee consistency from her every week, to the point where it could become undeniable for the audience, and they might bring her to the win.

I hope so :wub: She deserves another opportunity to be in the spotlight. 

• Like 1

I see Wendy as the second episode closer. The first episode is going to be all about Ariana. Ariana did nothing but turn for her. They might not even show her front-runner but still if she managed to scoop one of the four chair turns in the missing taping or if she sang with someone, they'll close. One of the one-chair turns that sang her song will also be featured in the premiere. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I doubt they'll let Blake win, she wouldn't be the hardest contestant to bus IF there's a good alternative

Edited by colemanftw

Further digging on Manny and Wyatt for "who's their coach" speculation:

• Manny posted a drawing he made of Ariana and is following all four coaches - however, there's also covers of "breathin", "Love Me Harder", and "Needy" on his IG, which leads to me believe if Ari's an option that he'd pick her over the others. Of the two confirmed turners, I'm hoping he went to Blake because Kelly's team is ridiculous, but I do think Kelly's the better genre match (SIDE NOTE: he's also done a collab with Brooke Simpson of S13/AGT fame, which I didn't know).
  • Wyatt follows all four of the coaches (including the two that turned), and being a fan of the jazz/crooner standards for covers doesn't narrow down anything. Considering Ariana's team was the hardest hit by spoilers, I think it's more likely he's there than with Kelly, but I wouldn't be too shocked to see him pick Kelly either.

1 hour ago, jus.willy said:

Wendy is literally the first country artist I’m excited/rooting for and looking forward to seeing on the show.

1. Jershika/Brittany/POV Lady😂

2. Wendy

3. Holly

5. Ryleigh/Bella

6. Katherine Anne

I need a male to make my #7😀

Oooh we have the same top 3 :lolwave:

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Further digging on Manny and Wyatt for "who's their coach" speculation:

• Manny posted a drawing he made of Ariana and is following all four coaches - however, there's also covers of "breathin", "Love Me Harder", and "Needy" on his IG, which leads to me believe if Ari's an option that he'd pick her over the others. Of the two confirmed turners, I'm hoping he went to Blake because Kelly's team is ridiculous, but I do think Kelly's the better genre match (SIDE NOTE: he's also done a collab with Brooke Simpson of S13/AGT fame, which I didn't know).
  • Wyatt follows all four of the coaches (including the two that turned), and being a fan of the jazz/crooner standards for covers doesn't narrow down anything. Considering Ariana's team was the hardest hit by spoilers, I think it's more likely he's there than with Kelly, but I wouldn't be too shocked to see him pick Kelly either.

For reference: 

-Manny was only following John, Ari, and Kelly before tapings.

-Wyatt was only following John and Ari before tapings. 

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That being said, I dont really expect TPTB to pimp Wendy that much, given that a new coach is here and Blake just won.

They won’t have to. She can sing ANYTHING.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I agree. I didnt say this would disminsh her chances. I just wouldnt expect a lot of closing performance spots, and the usual stuff.

23 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Can’t say I agree. If they want her to go far, I think she will need all the pimping she can get.

Either way, Wendy strikes me as a bloodbath casualty, and if she makes finale I can’t see her getting past 3rd. But I didn’t expect Toneisha to make Top 2, so who knows.

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Can’t say I agree. If they want her to go far, I think she will need all the pimping she can get.

Either way, Wendy strikes me as a bloodbath casualty, and if she makes finale I can’t see her getting past 3rd. But I didn’t expect Toneisha to make Top 2, so who knows.

She´ll have more of a chance if she sticks to country. If TPTB forces her into the diva or R&B lane, she won´t have as much.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:42 PM, FloorWax said:

Here are some standouts for me:

Carson Peters: I usually don't gravitate to the teenage boy singers, especially the ones with tones that sound like his, but for some reason I got pulled in? I found myself enjoying his covers.

Holly Forbes: Very nice tone! As of now, I can't really picture her on "Call Out My Name", but she must've done something right if she got 4 chairs to turn.

Wendy Moten: She's multi-faceted and good at every genre she does. I think she's one to watch out for.

Girl Named Tom: I love their harmonies, and they seem like they can sing solo too. Don't see them going far, but I dig them.

KJ Jennings: I definitely see the appeal. We'll have to see if she can deliver on the Voice stage.

Other notes:

- Bella has a nice tone as well, I could see her becoming an IDF favorite.

- Trevon and Jeremy have pipes, I think they would do well.

- Ryleigh oversings in the covers I've seen, but she is very skilled.

- I see KCK 3 and The Cunningham Sisters out by the battles, I don't think they're strong enough just yet.

Bella and Ryleigh are AMAZING❤️👌

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Daillon said:

She could Kyla her way into the finale. Problem is, Blake has a skilled teenage boy who is way more in the audience's wheelhouse. Despite this, I still think she has a strong shot because Blake has a track record of getting 2 people in the finale.

Edited by FloorWax

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

Isn't Wendy gonna get compared with Keisha Renee a lot??

I think a stark difference is that Wendy SOUNDS country when she sings the genre. Not a soul singer doing their version of a country song.

Besides, she didn't even audition with a country song, so who knows if that's even the path she's taking on the show.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

She´ll have more of a chance if she sticks to country. If TPTB forces her into the diva or R&B lane, she won´t have as much.

I’m not sure tbh. While I find her very believable singing country (Spensha and specially Keisha had some backlash in this regard), I feel like the audiences loves their boxes (AA females singing power ballads and R&B/Soul, teens singing pop or country…)

Spensha managed to place 4th, but on 3rd place you had Kyla (AA female singing Aretha, JHud…)

Edited by Daillon

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think a stark difference is that Wendy SOUNDS country when she sings the genre. Not a soul singer doing their version of a country song.

Besides, she didn't even audition with a country song, so who knows if that's even the path she's taking on the show.

Thank you for your interesting answer! I look forward to hear her and see her perform

I have a really specific random question: are Voice auditioners from the last 3 seasons (counting S21) required to have vaccinations? Sorry if this is an obvious question, just wondering.