The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

15 minutes ago, OneDayACat said:

I still find it bizarre they gave him the preview, knowing he was cut in Battles. 

There was a lot of discussion here about that. The consensus seemed to be that Vaughn’s audition was the only one that combined both a really on-point, impassioned pitch from Ariana AND the contestant picking her. All her other good pitches were rejected and her other team members were either one-chairs or obvious Ariana fans who were going to pick her regardless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

There was a lot of discussion here about that. The consensus seemed to be that Vaughn’s audition was the only one that combined both a really on-point, impassioned pitch from Ariana AND the contestant picking her. All her other good pitches were rejected and her other team members were either one-chairs or obvious Ariana fans who were going to pick her regardless.

Do you think they had already planned on the comeback, including the international Twitter vote, when deciding to leak him?

Edited by TeamAudra

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Do you think they had already planned on the comeback, included the international Twitter save, when deciding to leak him?

No, I think they picked the leak to make it seem like Ariana was a persuasive pitcher. I honestly believe they thought it would make her look good and her fans would accept her later decisions because she’s Ari and they’re not.

I don’t know when the idea for the Twitter Save came up, but really don’t think choosing the leak had anything to do with it at all.

iDFers focus too much on the singer in the leak and not enough on the narrative that the producers are trying to push.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Definitely. They wanted to make sure he got the comeback vote. 

Definitely. They saw her team as weak, and did that out of desperation. When it came down to it, I wonder if they actually wanted him to win that instant save, though. 🤔 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

When it came down to it, I wonder if they actually wanted him to win that instant save, though. 🤔 

I think so. He got a “moment” song and closed the save. I think they either underestimated Hailey, or expected her to get one of the PVs and not be in the IS.

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

No, I think they picked the leak to make it seem like Ariana was a persuasive pitcher. I honestly believe they thought it would make her look good and her fans would accept her later decisions because she’s Ari and they’re not.

I don’t know when the idea for the Twitter Save came up, but really don’t think choosing the leak had anything to do with it at all.

iDFers focus too much on the singer in the leak and not enough on the narrative that the producers are trying to push.

The online audience gets attached to those leaked contestants, though. This strategy kind of blew up in their faces. 

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I'm just glad TPTB didnt pull out the Twitter vote yesterday.

I know we were all worried about it, but can you imagine the uproar on social media if they did that, and J&S made it through? It would have been something close to “Robe-Gate” 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The online audience gets attached to those leaked contestants, though. This strategy kind of blew up in their faces. 

Attached, but not to the degree that they reject the coach’s decisions and refuse to embrace her choices. 

The relationship that Ariana has with her fan base is just SO different from the way the other coaches interact with their fans. 

If Blake cut someone that his fans liked, they’d rationalize their way into accepting it.

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Definitely. They saw her team as weak, and did that out of desperation. When it came down to it, I wonder if they actually wanted him to win that instant save, though. 🤔 

I think he would have been better off if he actually sang that on playoffs night. He could have actually had a shot at making her Top 3, given the quality of performances on her team that night, but he would possibly make Wildcard and get an extra performance. I don’t think he would have made finale, but he could have possibly survived Top 13. If they brought back the twist, it would be better to have them compete with their team like the 4 way Knockout winners. The larger cast could also make it easier for someone to pull a Michael Williams.

What other options did TPTB even have for who to leak? It was definitely going to be someone on Team Ari, but...

-KCK3, Sophia Bromberg, and Chavon Rodgers were all fodder who were all cut instantly.

-David was a one chair turn which would've made a super boring and unimpressive leak.

-Katherine Ann had an honestly pretty weak audition and was sent home in the KOs, although Ariana had a pretty good pitch and there were some interesting coach interactions which could've made it an OK leak.

-Raquel, Jim and Sasha, Katie, and to an extent, Bella all had good auditions, but songs/styles that wouldn't have impressed Minivan and probably wouldn't have come across well for a leak.

-Ryleigh sang a powerful song in her audition and made it far, but her audition really wasn't impressive and was easily her weakest pre-live performance. Similar to someone like Raquel, I think TPTB knew she wouldn't have a massive fanbase either given her potentially polarizing stylistic choices.

-If Ariana had kept Hailey, she easily would've been the leak this year without question, but of course...

-Holly wouldn't have made a great leak, as she rejected Ariana even after she used a block, which would've confused/angered Twitter/the Arianators.

Besides Vaughn, I really think the only other viable people to leak would've been Bella or Katherine Ann, and out of the 3, Vaughn was definitely the most appealing to both Minivan AND the Arianators. 

Edited by ikwonic
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Bless The Voice for giving the year 2021 amazing seasons! Season 20 + 21 are incredible seasons and my favorites. 

The year 2021 gave us an amazing year of unique artists from both those seasons!

we got fed WELL this year… for me, i had at least 9 “snowflakes” with Dana, Pia, Zania, Savanna, Wendy, Jershika, Gymani, Shadale, AND Brittany, and that doesn’t even include all the other contestants who i have really enjoyed! Seasons 20 and 21 really treated us well🥳

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

i mean, she’s basically done so she doesn’t care😂😂

I understand they're disappointed in the results; everybody loves to win. But there's something to be said for keeping it classy and being a good loser.

• Like 3

Finale performers have been announced. 

Coaches duets

John & Carrie Underwood - Hallelujah (from her Christmas album)

Alicia Keys - Old Memories

Ed Sheeran - Shivers

Coldplay - My Universe

Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

Keke Palmer & Tori Kelly + Top 13 (if I'm reading it right)- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

https://www.etonline.com/carrie-underwood-ed-sheeran-alicia-keys-coldplay-and-more-to-perform-on-the-voice-season-21-finale

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• istersay locked and unpinned this topic