The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

I'm confused, what is the point of the whole "fake frontrunner" thing? 

Take S15 for example. They clearly wanted a Kennedy win, but Chevel was standing in her way, so they pimped Kirk to make it look like he was the country frontrunner, hoping that he would peel away some votes from her. He got standing Os for mediocre performances and pimps spots, and was called first a lot on results nights, including the semifinal. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

That isn’t how the fake frontrunner strategy works. S15 is the blueprint. 

Meh, all the pimping got everybody thinking that Kennedy and Kirk had a good chance until the last minute. I don't remember anyone but one member declaring Chevel the winner during the last week of lives :giggle:

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, echoap said:

Meh, all the pimping got everybody thinking that Kennedy and Kirk had a good chance until the last minute. I don't remember anyone but one member declaring Chevel the winner during the last week of lives :giggle:

I had a pretty good feeling about it, but I’m not one to declare victory until it’s official. I do not want to get burned like that. ;) 

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

I don't think it's the case this season, unless someone is considering GNT as the fake frontrunners for another victory. Which, I don't buy it considering the smashing results across all platforms. 

I do not think that, I just wanted to know what echoap had to say about it. 

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Listening to “Mrs. Robinson”, trying to figure out what the song is about, and how J&S connect to it. Even tried to research it, and still don’t know what the song is about. I know it’s from 1968, so it should appeal to anyone over the age of 65-70. 

Here's a good synopsis/recap of the movie, for anyone who's interested:

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Mrs._Robinson_(The_Graduate)

Just now, landon1988 said:

What I love so much about this top 8 is that when they’re all at their very best, 7 out of the 8 of them are actually really great.  

can’t wait to see who the duet pairs are.

the SHADE. and the fact that we all know who the 1 out of 8 is (are) 😭😭😭

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mistake006 said:

If Bekah pulls off that whistle note tonight, I’m pretty sure that will be the highest note sung live by anyone the show. I’m so nervous for her now omg

it def the highest live. Mia Z did hit the note on her knockouts tho but highest live before is prolly A5 

4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Have you seen the movie The Graduate?  S&G did the entire soundtrack for it. Other well-known songs from it are “Scarborough Fair” and “Sound of Silence”.

I expect that Jim will relate to the song much more than Sasha, since the movie is in its most basic terms about the coming of age of Baby Boomers. 

I watched it years ago since I’m a fan of movies from 70s and before, I’m telling you minivan will eat any performance from that soundtrack. It is one of the most renowned tracklists from their generation. 

23 minutes ago, azwige said:

it def the highest live. Mia Z did hit the note on her knockouts tho but highest live before is prolly A5 

Mia hit an E5 or 6 in her Battle with Ashley.  But that's still the second-highest whistle tone after the super-high F that Autumn hit in her Blind.

4 minutes ago, BlueNight13 said:

Another non-live one (technically), but what about the two Toneisha hit? 

E6

8 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Mia hit an E5 or 6 in her Battle with Ashley.  But that's still the second-highest whistle tone after the super-high F that Autumn hit in her Blind.

Kelsie Watts also hit an F6 in her blind. But I believe the highest goes to Shi’Ann and Fousheé, who both went up to G#6. Bekah may be the first to top that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Me, reading about all these technical musical things about notes: 

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Exactly. My only criteria is whether I enjoy hearing it. Knowing the names of the notes and/or their difficulty in producing them makes no difference to me.

• Like 2

• istersay locked and unpinned this topic