The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I think Lana is talented (even if her tone isn’t my thing), but I do see where @TeamAudra is coming from - the last “flip Amazing Grace to sound fresh” attempt on the show ended up being pretty polarizing, and with Lana’s social media reception being the most divided of the eight remaining acts, polarizing the audience is the last thing she needs.

But it is not like she is doing it complete different. The ending of the original has that part lol. Although slightly different. This is a very minor nitpicking thing y’all are pointing out that will not sway anyone against her. She is coming for both the Country and Christian votes and ya’ll are just scared for your faves. It is cute honestly. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I said that to draw you out. 😉 I’m not actually bothered by it. 

In all seriousness, Gymani and Jershika were criticized for singing Gospel songs, yet that individual has been silent about this choice. 

I’ve already said I didn’t like the song choice, and I didn’t even realize she was doing amazing grace bc I forget it was part of that Carrie song 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would never want my favorite to sing a Carrie song. I remember Chevel saying Carrie was her favorite, and being worried she would try to tackle one of her songs on the show. Not that she can’t, but there’s a big difference between on and off the show with these power vocals. 

That gives me flashbacks to Marybeth Byrd in Semis week

Edited by Cookie73

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The only Carrie song I would’ve given to Lana would be “Temporary Home” because it’s less blatantly rangy minus some head voice stuff, but at least it’s not “Last Name” where it’s upbeat and belty or “Before He Cheats” where you have to sell the pissed-off ex angle or it doesn’t work.

Mary Sarah did “I Told You So.”  It’s originally a Randy Travis song, but a lot of viewers probably view it as a Carrie song. I think Lana could do that one without any problem. 

Just now, Cookie73 said:

That gives me flashbacks to Marybeth Byrd in Semis week

That one was worse, because on BHC, you gotta bring both the vocals and the sass/attitude.

On this one, while hard AF, you only gotta bring the vocals.

Carrie is hard in general. Not a good choice for semis.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I said that to draw you out. 😉 I’m not actually bothered by it. 

In all seriousness, Gymani and Jershika were criticized for singing Gospel songs, yet that individual has been silent about this choice. 

It is in the last minute of the song lol. A huge difference. Regardless this song choice will help her. Like you said below, she made arrangements to make it suit her voice. She is an artist. Carrie is hard to sing she won’t sing it straight up. I have a feeling Lana is the contestant that is the hardest to predict where she has been with votes. Her being country plus on TB helps tremendously. Every week the haters say she will be bottom yet she hasn’t. I will not be shocked if she gets 1 out of 2 PV votes from TB. I do not think all 3 will. Although it could happen, 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gabe0101 said:

But it is not like she is doing it complete different. The ending of the original has that part lol. Although slightly different. This is a very minor nitpicking thing y’all are pointing out that will not sway anyone against her. She is coming for both the Country and Christian votes and ya’ll are just scared for your faves. It is cute honestly. 

If she makes the finale, I’ll be happy for her, I’m just skeptical that this is the song that’s going to move the needle in that direction.

Should she prove me wrong, then good for her - she’s a sweet gal and she’s talented.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Mary Sarah did “I Told You So.”  It’s originally a Randy Travis song, but a lot of viewers probably view it as a Carrie song. I think Lana could do that one without any problem. 

That would have been great! Again though, I’m still feeling fairly confident with her current song.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If there were no duet themes and Caleb from GNT was a solo act, I think Lana and Caleb would be spectacular together on this one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gabe0101 said:

It is in the last minute of the song lol. A huge difference. Regardless this song choice will help her. Like you said below, she made arrangements to make it suit her voice. She is an artist. Carrie is hard to sing she won’t sing it straight up. I have a feeling Lana is the contestant that is the hardest to predict where she has been with votes. Her being country plus on TB helps tremendously. Every week the haters say she will be bottom yet she hasn’t. I will not be shocked if she gets 1 out of 2 PV votes from TB. I do not think all 3 will. Although it could happen, 

This mistake you’re making is thinking I care that much about it. Taryn was my favorite a few seasons back. Just remember how critical I was of her song choices and her overall run. If Lana can make this work, and get a PV , good for her. I’m leaning toward hoping Hailey gets eliminated this week, but Wendy will make it through for sure. For her, it probably doesn’t matter. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

In the past we have been wrong thinking some songs were buses when they weren’t (IDF went berserk when we found out Brooke was singing Faithfully lol) So as skeptical as I am with Lana’s song, you never know.

really?? that performance 1000/10

33 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I think Lana is talented (even if her tone isn’t my thing), but I do see where @TeamAudra is coming from - the last “flip Amazing Grace to sound fresh” attempt on the show ended up being pretty polarizing, and with Lana’s social media reception being the most divided of the eight remaining acts, polarizing the audience is the last thing she needs.

curious why this one if you want to do Carrie with a religious theme on TV  when Jesus, Take the Wheel is there. Danielle did a very nice version of that one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

It’s likely because it seemed so far out of left field from what she’d tackled on the show up to that point, but thank God IDF flopped with that prediction.

Oh yeah!! and it's interesting because it ended up being her best performance, her voice just shone an amazing way

18 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Random question, but how did Spensha Baker make the finals in her season and does Lana share any of the qualities Spensha did?? 

I think Spensha had more support in her season than Lana, and she got better treatment from production. Blake had pushed her harder than he has pushed Lana, since there is nobody like her in country music. We also knew she would be a Semifinalist the whole time, but everyone thought she would be eliminated in the save until the shocking PV. Not to mention Spensha also closed Top 11 week.

Edited by Cookie73

18 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Random question, but how did Spensha Baker make the finals in her season and does Lana share any of the qualities Spensha did?? 

Blake: “We need you on country radio.” Blake just did a really good of selling her to the audience. It was a little unexpected, though. 

19 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Not sure, but people could actually vote for the duets that night (I think it was a Twitter vote?) and her duet with Kyla did very well. I suspect that + Britton’s song choice helped her snatch that 3rd spot.