The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

That’s how the song ends ;)

No, Lana does it completely differently.  Where the choir would normally start singing ‘Amazing Grace’ while Carrie is still singing SITW, Lana switches completely to Amazing Grace through the end of the song.

I’m not a fan of hers but she did her thing on this recording…

• Like 6

Wendy slaying those high notessssssssssss im living

Not my fav Jershika studio so far, but I love her lows and she showed them OFF!! Would've loved to see her highs more, but I can't wait to see it live (Y'all know she's gonna eat it up like she always does purr)

One thing I love about Hailey is when she goes staccato. That's when I feel her voice gets unique. She showed it a lot in her blind, and in her studio she does the same.

She sounds lovely and I have no doubt minivan will love it. I just feel like there's not much to do to make this song different from what we've heard before

Girl Named Tom sounds stun. Bekah with that whistleeeeee?!?! Yes ma'am. Can't see myself enjoying this more than some of their other performances but it's still lovely. 

2 minutes ago, landon1988 said:

No, Lana does it completely differently.  Where the choir would normally start singing ‘Amazing Grace’ while Carrie is still singing SITW, Lana switches completely to Amazing Grace through the end of the song.

I was about to add this. Anyone wondering about this, listen to Lana’s and then go listen to Carrie’s. 

1 minute ago, landon1988 said:

Ooooh actually I just finished hearing it and yeah, she actually did switch it up! Interesting. Wasn’t expecting the full thing. 

and she sounds great the whole way through! Close enough to the original but still sounds Lana enough. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Shark in the Water is a real song. It’s just not a Carrie Underwood Jesus song.

I forgot there’s a real video that isn’t the Degrassi cast loooool

Still one of the best pop tracks of the century so far ;)

Edited by Someone648

I don’t think all the ‘front runners’ are making it to the finale if they all perform as well as they do on their studios.  My prediction:

Girl Named Tom

Wendy

Lana

Joshua

Jim & Sasha (IS winner) - only because hell hath no fury like the Ari Army with their skinny martinis ready to vote her tears away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Joshua's song. Again, not the biggest fan of his tone but I might just have to stan.....

and that ending is gorgeous

the high notes this man sang here were remarkable! This performance of Joshua's was almost near to Pitch Perfect....... so stunning and remarkable and really a good move to make now in the competition

1 minute ago, landon1988 said:

I don’t think all the ‘front runners’ are making it to the finale if they all perform as well as they do on their studios.  My prediction:

Girl Named Tom

Wendy

Lana

Joshua

Jim & Sasha (IS winner) - only because hell hath no fury like the Ari Army with their skinny martinis ready to vote her tears away.

If Joshua doesn't make it I might cry bc vocally this is one of his strongest performances here! And I believe after that he deserve a spot in Finale

I don't wanna be that person, but Lana might have put herself on the finale. I just don't know who will be leftout from Team Blake. 

I don't know if it's going to be Paris, though. While Caleb is bringing SexyBack to IDF, PAris will bring SexyBack to Minivan. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

Alright, through with all the studios, and all of the contestants sounded good!

Wendy - While I personally really enjoyed Jolene, it's good to have pre-lives Wendy back, even if this is not the perfect vote-getting song. A+ 

GNT - Angelic, a big step up from Viva La Vida imo 

Paris - A for vocals F for studio mixing, but the live performance will be much better

Lana - I actually like this studio the most of all of hers so far! I'm not sure it's what she needs, but we'll see how she does live

Hailey - She sounds great, I hope she channels the emotion a tad bit more for the live! 

J&S - High key good, might actually be their best live performance  

Jershika - She sounds incredible, but again the mixing is bad :haha:

Joshua - Definitely my favorite from him, the song really matches his style better than any prior song. Some of the falsetto is just a little too much for me, but I wonder if he could do some damage with a good live performance 👀 

Edited by Djsoke
  • Like 1

• istersay locked and unpinned this topic