The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, jus.willy said:

Lol is it bad that I didn’t know of Blake Shelton until I started watching the voice?🌚 I really gotta do my research on country music lol

You´re definitely not the only one. The Voice pretty much introduced Blake to a new market. A lot of non country listeners have taken a liking to his music, and his humor on the show.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Omg GIF

jk 👀

She's the one singing "Jolene", that you might know

Plus she’s been a guest mentor on the show, and sang “Coat of Many Colors.” She’s one of a handful of people who in the industry who will cause jaws to drop when she walks into any room. Doesn’t matter who else is in the room. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Plus she’s been a guest mentor on the show, and sang “Coat of Many Colors.” She’s one of a handful of people who in the industry who will cause jaws to drop when she walks into any room. Doesn’t matter who else is in the room. 

It´s either her, or Johnny Cash when referring to the genre to non-country listeners.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s either her, or Johnny Cash when referring to the genre to non-country listeners.

I don't really listen to country but Dolly has my whole heart. ❤️

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How about Willie Nelson? Maybe not quite, but close. 

I´d say that sums it up.  He´s probably a big example when it comes to people naming straight traditional country.

He also worked with Ray Charles, so some people who are fans of jazz and soul probably know him too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Lol is it bad that I didn’t know of Blake Shelton until I started watching the voice?🌚 I really gotta do my research on country music lol

i 100% knew who he was but if u asked me any of his songs i couldn’t name you one lol. i can now tho 😁 i started watching in Season 18

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Many people probably don’t realize there likely would be no famous Miley Cyrus without Dolly, since she’s largely responsible for the success her dad had. She’s actually Miley’s Godmother. 

Yep. Dolly even appeared in video for one of Miley’s pitches, and Miley had mentioned Dolly being her godmother during her time on the show. Miley’s Dolly connection is my guess for why they gave Ali Caldwell 9 to 5. Now I’m wondering if Miley coached since Season 17 if they would have made one of her artists sing Old Town Road because of who her father is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

Yep. Dolly even appeared in video for one of Miley’s pitches, and Miley had mentioned Dolly being her godmother during her time on the show. Miley’s Dolly connection is my guess for why they gave Ali Caldwell 9 to 5. Now I’m wondering if Miley coached since Season 17 if they would have made one of her artists sing Old Town Road because of who her father is

I am inclined to think so as well; I think someone's mentioned that in the past on here too.

Saw this comment on the new Michelle Chamuel video that The Voice just posted!

"Matthew Darren sang these dreams by Heart and turned John Legend, Ariana Grande, and Blake Shelton's chair he chose Blake Tyshan Knight is a 4 chair turn that sang I am ready for love by India Arie and he chose John Legend"

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They once set up a Dolly video on an audition telling a contestant to pick Miley because she was her goddaughter.

I think it was Sophia, not sure though

14 minutes ago, rainbowconnection said:

"Matthew Darren sang these dreams by Heart and turned John Legend, Ariana Grande, and Blake Shelton's chair he chose Blake Tyshan Knight is a 4 chair turn that sang I am ready for love by India Arie and he chose John Legend"

Too specific, but the trolls have imagination for days so I don't know 👀

49 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Many people probably don’t realize there likely would be no famous Miley Cyrus without Dolly, since she’s largely responsible for the success her dad had. She’s actually Miley’s Godmother. 

exactly

1 hour ago, rainbowconnection said:

That interesting but seems very very specific like someone else said.

1 hour ago, rainbowconnection said:

Lol they both were not at the hotel at the time the contestants were there. so this is definitely fake 

• Like 1