The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

31 minutes ago, Taobarb said:

Welcome! Thanks for posting this video.

Without ranking them, he gave a kind analysis of the top 10 performances of his favorite three (GNT, Wendy, and Lana) remaining in the competition.

• Like 1

Carter was pretty much a runaway winner a year ago, and performed his debut single on the show this week. He has only 10K monthly listeners showing on his Spotify account right now, which probably isn’t much different than it was before he gave that performance. It’s not even much of a benefit for the winners to come back anymore, unless it’s a duet with their former coach. 😂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I actually think J&S making finale would be less controversial to IDF that we think. People last season were furious about Jordan winning the IS because a good majority didn´t see it coming, or had no clue what to think. 

This time around, I think we all deep down inside know that J&S might actually have a shot, to the point where it wouldn´t really be a surprise anymore if they advanced.

The thing about the other competitors is that none of them were ever predicted finalists, and if anything their fans would worry about them getting in the bottom each week. This semifinal really is a tossup. Even though I much prefer Joshua and Jershika to J&S, I never expected those two acts to make finale.

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It wasn’t, but the point is viewers don’t really care once a new season starts, and we’re now two seasons removed from Carter’s win. 

It might be different if the audience ever became truly invested in a winner, but The Voice doesn't really let us get to know them. We get a brief bio and little bits of information during the season. The Voice doesn't even show us much of the interesting interactions between an artist and their coach(es), vocal coaches, and fellow contestants. Most casual viewers don't look for the details like IDF does. So they don't feel a connection to the competitors and quickly forget about them once the season ends.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RTV said:

It might be different if the audience ever became truly invested in a winner, but The Voice doesn't really let us get to know them. We get a brief bio and little bits of information during the season. The Voice doesn't even show us much of the interesting interactions between an artist and their coach(es), vocal coaches, and fellow contestants. Most casual viewers don't look for the details like IDF does. So they don't feel a connection to the competitors and quickly forget about them once the season ends.  

Having “teams” makes it even worse. Some viewers won’t support a winner of they were on the wrong team. There are only 6 million viewers to begin with, and the format divides the audience into small slices. How many viewers did American Idol have when Kelly won? 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Having “teams” makes it even worse. Some viewers won’t support a winner of they were on the wrong team. There are only 6 million viewers to begin with, and the format divides the audience into small slices. How many viewers did American Idol have when Kelly won? 

That too. American Idol's first season averaged over 12 million viewers per episode.

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

the "b*tch* in Rich Girl isn't really that overt though. Smokin' In The Window on the other hand....

Pretty sure the difference is that in Smokin' Out the Window and Just Like A Pill, they use b*tch to refer specifically to the person (THIS B---H/but she's being a little b---h) and in Rich Girl it doesn't sound like it's directly referring to the "rich girl" so idk. I think the intention in the lyric is the distinction?

1 hour ago, Arsh said:

Mostly positive comments for the artists in the YouTube comments. I cannot say the same for Facebook at this time (except for a couple of contestants). They have turned the comment section into a food fight already. It’s a good summary of what we’ve been seeing there all season. Imagine is we did that here? IDF would be unreadable. 

42 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Mostly positive comments for the artists in the YouTube comments. I cannot say the same for Facebook at this time (except for a couple of contestants). They have turned the comment section into a food fight already. It’s a good summary of what we’ve been seeing there all season. Imagine is we did that here? IDF would be unreadable. 

I'm not sure why Lana is receiving so much criticism on social media. Is it because she is country?

During the playoffs, I know some people preferred Libianca to her, but she truly stepped up and proved her talent every week. She didn't had a bad week at all. She wasn't in my top 5 before, but after each week, she got closer. She's now one of the Finale contestants I'd like to see.

• Like 3

This is basically a reprint of the TVLine prediction article. Only a few words were changed. The bizarre substitution is Woman Named Tom for Girl Named Tom. :giggle:  

https://www.cnnradio.news/2021/12/04/the-voice-season-21-final-five-predictions-jim-sasha-allen-more

The final five prediction poll on TVLine's post currently has GNT on top with 18.83% of the vote and then Wendy with 16.59%, Paris with 13.83%, Hailey with 12.22%, Jershika with 11.86%, Lana with 10.45%, Joshua with 9.97%, and Jim/Sasha last with 6.24%.

https://tvline.com/2021/12/04/the-voice-season-21-final-five-predictions-jim-sasha-allen 

Two comments:

M spite - 23 minutes ago

Wendy, Paris & Joshua at the best in that order
Girl named Tom is great too but i don’t want to see a group win so they will never get my vote
The absolute worst is Jim & Sasha

Tyler Johnston - 1 hour ago

Please make sure you are giving less votes to Wendy molten from her not moving on cause she all ready has a music record deal. Please

* Wendy has said she no longer has a "music record deal."

Eligibility requirements for The Voice auditions:

https://www.nbcthevoice.com/auditions/eligibility

Edited by RTV