The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Bk1234 said:

At least they got this part right ;) 

3. Lana Scott – Team Blake – You know the drill. Lana Scott, the only country singer in the Lives. She’s got her own lane. Yada yada. But she also flipped a Katy Perry song ably last week. Even many non-fans loved it. She’s well positioned to make the final without even having to sing for the Instant Save.

There´s actually a part of me that thinks she could do it, but it really will depend on the song choices for everyone and how they actually perform.

For now I´m sticking with my predicted 4 PVs and the IS being for grabs, but really anything can happen. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arsh said:

People should, however, be reminded of their journeys on a regular basis🤣. Carson, for example, recalls Minivan of Hailey's age. I believe we should keep track of how many times the terms "youngest contestant" and "14 years old" are used during the show; I wouldn't be surprised if these terms are used more than Hailey's name.🤣

Hey, Kelly stan. Hello? The woman in you avatar is mostly responsible for that. Good grief. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

At least they got this part right ;) 

3. Lana Scott – Team Blake – You know the drill. Lana Scott, the only country singer in the Lives. She’s got her own lane. Yada yada. But she also flipped a Katy Perry song ably last week. Even many non-fans loved it. She’s well positioned to make the final without even having to sing for the Instant Save.

I highly doubt it but we’ll see

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

No contestant's song choices in comparison to pre-show covers have disappointed me as much as Holly's. I really thought she'd be this season's singer-songwriter chick type contestant but we all know what happened with her. 

She became my pre-season favorite after I listened to her cover of "Have you ever seen the rain" but the ones who ended up doing that song were Jim and Sasha 💀

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

No contestant's song choices in comparison to pre-show covers have disappointed me as much as Holly's. I really thought she'd be this season's singer-songwriter chick type contestant but we all know what happened with her. 

Which songs you would have suggested for her?? I'm dissapointed that she never sang any Brandi Carlile's song during the show.

• Like 1

I'm actually disappointed on TPTB when it comes to Holly. Why the hell try to transform her into a Kelly Clarkson 2.0? I mean, they literally recreated Kelly's performance of The Dance (even the color scheme) and then threw Because of You on her back. 

All I have to say is: WHY?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I remember the Cami comparisons after we first found out about her bcs of her soft and almost indie tone. If she had done more of that (actually if he had done that at all) I would've loved her run. I think the problem is she got too big and TPTB/Ari/herself tried to sell Holly as a powerhouse, and I personally don't think that's when her voice sounds best. I will give her credit for Alone tho, that was great and her best performance on the show and the weirdest song choice for her after Last Dance.

13 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I'm actually disappointed on TPTB when it comes to Holly. Why the hell try to transform her into a Kelly Clarkson 2.0? I mean, they literally recreated Kelly's performance of The Dance (even the color scheme) and then threw Because of You on her back. 

All I have to say is: WHY?

Kelly even covered Holly's Top 11 song "Alone" on her show.

They were really pushing Holly for the finale, but I believe they were portraying her in a different way, which backfired. Holly would have been in the Top 3 if she had been allowed to sing freely during the lives instead of being pushed. Her social media covers are actually very good.

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

What I expected for Holly pre-season: Billy Joel, Brandi Carlile, Kacey Musgraves, Bob Dylan.

What we got: The Carpenters´s blandest song ever, Heart, Donna Summers. (Nothing wrong with them, in fact I love Heart, but for Holly? Nah). Garth Brooks was probably the closest fit, but classic country doesn´t suit her well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

What we got: The Carpenters´s blandest song ever, Heart, Donna Summers. (Nothing wrong with them, in fact I love Heart, but for Holly? Nah). Garth Brooks was probably the closest fit, but classic country doesn´t suit her well.

happy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

What I expected for Holly pre-season: Billy Joel, Brandi Carlile, Kacey Musgraves, Bob Dylan.

They saw the vote totals, decided what she was doing wasn’t working, so they threw a few Hail Mary passes, starting with Garth Brooks. 

Edited by TeamAudra

When I first saw the spoilers for Holly and checked her out I was pretty much convinced IDF was gonna love her. 

That´s the thing, there are some people who become IDF snowflakes pre-season, but their run ends up disappointing several people, could be due to song choices, or simply not delivering on the show.

But at the end of the day, the ones that became fans of her due to her material pre-season are hopefully gonna support her now that she´s gone.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

When I first saw the spoilers for Holly and checked her out I was pretty much convinced IDF was gonna love her. 

That´s the thing, there are some people who become IDF snowflakes pre-season, but their run ends up disappointing several people, could be due to song choices, or simply not delivering on the show.

But at the end of the day, the ones that became fans of her due to her material pre-season are hopefully gonna support her now that she´s gone.

This season is full of surprises, several things that happened this season I did not expect to happen at all pre-season , not only pre-season but even pre-lives during this season .

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Now I’m reminded that I really wanted Holly to sing Billy Joel in the Lives, but instead got all those song choices that didn’t suit her. That’s probably why I was very underwhelmed with her run on the show, especially in Lives.

I’m also reminded of how she got Alone, which had potential to flop, but then got Last Dance, which really flopped. 

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, Paris is "letting loose" and doing something "fun" and "never performed on the show before" so we're getting a fresh song choice from him. But its in his lane, and he appears to be excited.

We'll see what song it is, eventually, but given that its in his lane, I'm expecting some R&B/Soul or some funk.

Smokin Out The Window??

• istersay locked and unpinned this topic