The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

No contestant's song choices in comparison to pre-show covers have disappointed me as much as Holly's. I really thought she'd be this season's singer-songwriter chick type contestant but we all know what happened with her. 

What I expected for Holly pre-season: Billy Joel, Brandi Carlile, Kacey Musgraves, Bob Dylan.

What we got: The Carpenters´s blandest song ever, Heart, Donna Summers. (Nothing wrong with them, in fact I love Heart, but for Holly? Nah). Garth Brooks was probably the closest fit, but classic country doesn´t suit her well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

What we got: The Carpenters´s blandest song ever, Heart, Donna Summers. (Nothing wrong with them, in fact I love Heart, but for Holly? Nah). Garth Brooks was probably the closest fit, but classic country doesn´t suit her well.

happy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

What I expected for Holly pre-season: Billy Joel, Brandi Carlile, Kacey Musgraves, Bob Dylan.

They saw the vote totals, decided what she was doing wasn’t working, so they threw a few Hail Mary passes, starting with Garth Brooks. 

Edited by TeamAudra

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

in fact I love Heart, but for Holly? Nah

This. She went pretty much for the Heart version and it just didn't work for me.

I wanted her to do well from what I saw in Spoilers when the season began but for me she never got back to the level of her BA.

When I first saw the spoilers for Holly and checked her out I was pretty much convinced IDF was gonna love her. 

That´s the thing, there are some people who become IDF snowflakes pre-season, but their run ends up disappointing several people, could be due to song choices, or simply not delivering on the show.

But at the end of the day, the ones that became fans of her due to her material pre-season are hopefully gonna support her now that she´s gone.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

When I first saw the spoilers for Holly and checked her out I was pretty much convinced IDF was gonna love her. 

That´s the thing, there are some people who become IDF snowflakes pre-season, but their run ends up disappointing several people, could be due to song choices, or simply not delivering on the show.

But at the end of the day, the ones that became fans of her due to her material pre-season are hopefully gonna support her now that she´s gone.

This season is full of surprises, several things that happened this season I did not expect to happen at all pre-season , not only pre-season but even pre-lives during this season .

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Now I’m reminded that I really wanted Holly to sing Billy Joel in the Lives, but instead got all those song choices that didn’t suit her. That’s probably why I was very underwhelmed with her run on the show, especially in Lives.

I’m also reminded of how she got Alone, which had potential to flop, but then got Last Dance, which really flopped. 

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, Paris is "letting loose" and doing something "fun" and "never performed on the show before" so we're getting a fresh song choice from him. But its in his lane, and he appears to be excited.

We'll see what song it is, eventually, but given that its in his lane, I'm expecting some R&B/Soul or some funk.

Smokin Out The Window??

I believe Paris also mentioned there being a lot of air in the song and trying to do justice to the original while also making it his own. I have no idea what it is, but I do get the feeling from stuff he has said on his lives that he is one that would push back if he didn’t think it was a good song to showcase him/his voice. 

• Like 2

They had to cut it so Paris can sing it on the Voice. "A lot of belting too..."

16 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I believe Paris also mentioned there being a lot of air in the song and trying to do justice to the original while also making it his own. I have no idea what it is, but I do get the feeling from stuff he has said on his lives that he is one that would push back if he didn’t think it was a good song to showcase him/his voice. 

And he selected it as well...

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

If he sings "THIS. B*TCH." he will 100% get the 10 votes I didn't intend on giving him.

Everyone that has sung "Rich Girl" on the show has sung "b***h" loud and clear, but they have censored it on other songs like in the "Like A Pill" battle of S17, where they replaced it with "witch". They usually use "chick" to replace it on other occations.

If he gets the Silk Sonic song, I hope he does sing that part lol. It´s the cuspid of it.

14 hours ago, CoolBriz said:

Question: Has there ever been a contestant in the voice, highly anticipated as finalist and winner, but end up only in semi or was in finale but placed runner-ups?

Yeah, as I'm sure some have mentioned, I think everyone thought Lauren Duski was going to win. She led in every indicator on SM and itunes, etc. iirc. I honestly think those indicators have become even less reliable since, and this is the full "standard/long" format season in a while. So I honestly would not be surprised by a range of outcomes, but I generally like all of the remaining contestants, so bring chaos for the chaos gods :w00tbounce:

11 minutes ago, Djsoke said:

Yeah, as I'm sure some have mentioned, I think everyone thought Lauren Duski was going to win. She led in every indicator on SM and itunes, etc. iirc. I honestly think those indicators have become even less reliable since, and this is the full "standard/long" format season in a while. So I honestly would not be surprised by a range of outcomes, but I generally like all of the remaining contestants, so bring chaos for the chaos gods :w00tbounce:

The presence of Ariana and her stans has really wreaked havoc on the reliability of social media. The other problem is they are giving us smaller sample sizes than seasons past. I can point back to S15, when several FB videos would exceed 1 million views every week within a day or two. Google trends has been pretty much worthless for a while now. Holly had really strong GT numbers every week, for example. There’s a lot more guessing needed now, based on how we think casual viewers will react. 

Edited by TeamAudra