The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

During the shortened seasons, we could never experience this much unpredictability. Some singers in the longer seasons really gain momentum during Lives to the point where they can reach finale. Holly’s elimination is reminding me a bit of the single elimination seasons where singers expected to make the finale or possibly win could get sent home weeks before the finale.

• Like 3

After all of the debate over whether Ari would change the game, it has still come down to minivan plus Team Blake, which is also minivan.

GNT and Hailey have high minivan appeal. John didn’t have any contestants that fit any of the minivan favorite profiles, and neither did Blake, but Blake stans (minivan) fall in line every season. The situation with J&S is more difficult to read, since they had to sing for the instant save last week. They are probably getting at least some minivan votes, but I don’t necessarily think they are a favorite of theirs. All we know is they beat out three contestants who had bad song choices, didn’t perform up to their standards, and were not minivan favorites. 

If Blake didn’t have such high appeal with minivan, it would be much easier to predict the results every season. 

Edited by TeamAudra

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Sorry, but I called it then, and I’m calling it now. He would not have been a threat. 

I mostly agree.  Vocally, he would have kept underperforming just like he did in his Knockout.  And, honestly, just like he did in his Battle, too.  I don't get any of the slobbering over that one.

However, I said "mostly," because . . . let's be honest.  He was a cute, young, teenage boy who sang country, and he was on Blake's team.  Blake's base might have still easily voted him through.  As I have said numerous times, they're all sheep who obey their shepherd and slavishly vote his artists through, even when they're bad.  So chances are he still gets to the semifinals, at the very least.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

I mostly agree.  Vocally, he would have kept underperforming just like he did in his Knockout.  And, honestly, just like he did in his Battle, too.  I don't get any of the slobbering over that one.

However, I said "mostly," because . . . let's be honest.  He was a cute, young, teenage boy who sang country, and he was on Blake's team.  Blake's base might have still easily voted him through.  As I have said numerous times, they're all sheep who obey their shepherd and slavishly vote his artists through, even when they're bad.  So chances are he still gets to the semifinals, at the very least.

He would have been as much of a threat as Peedy was. ;) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Blake and Jimmy Fallon called GNT as the winners on the Tonight Show. 

There of clips of it on GNT’s story. It doesn’t show them calling them the winners, but it’s interesting that they both called them a “band.” LOL. 

Just saw GNT's story, Blake approved GNT as a winner. Blake might be wondering why he wasn't chosen by GNT despite being their first choice.

Kelly snatched two wins from Blake, first Chevel and now GNT. But I doubt GNT would have gotten this far if Blake would have been their coach.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Blake and Jimmy Fallon called GNT as the winners on the Tonight Show. 

Their Semis performance is going to be very important. If they get a good song and knock it out of the park, they’ll have the win. (Think Wichita Lineman or Dust in the Wind)

1 minute ago, WastedinMemphis said:

They didn't.  It was all banter and didn't go that far.  They did call them a band 🙂 Just in passing though

Fallon started off by calling them a band, which to me sound like a bit of trolling to get Blake’s reaction, and of course, Blake called them a band twice, once with emphasis. I didn’t hear any “winner” discussion, though. Maybe that was in different part of the interview? I doubt any of it really matters one bit, though. 

Here is a clip of the interview with Blake.  Fallon praises Blake for being a good coach and thinks he will win this season.  Blake presses him on this and Fallon then admits that he thinks Kelly will win because of her "band".  Blake calls GNT a band as well, and goes on to dis Kelly as the worst coach ever on the Voice.  Fallon then asks if she is worst than Adam and Blake corrects himself and calls her the second worst coach 😆

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Fallon started off by calling them a band, which to me sound like a bit of trolling to get Blake’s reaction, and of course, Blake called them a band twice, once with emphasis. I didn’t hear any “winner” discussion, though. Maybe that was in different part of the interview? I doubt any of it really matters one bit, though. 

Here's the interview. Jimmy said he thought Kelly was probably going to win this season, he said Kelly's band is pretty good right after Blake made the comment about how he was waiting for Jimmy to say something backhanded about him after being nice in his intro. Blake just agreed they were good and joked their only problem is having Kelly as their coach since she's the worst coach ever.  So Blake never said anything about thinking they were going to win during the interview.

• Like 1

• istersay locked and unpinned this topic