The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Anyone who comments a lot will end up eating crow about something at the end of every season. I originally said I didn’t think Holly was a threat, but then proceeded to put her into my top 5 post blind power ranking. 🤡 I should have stuck with my initial gut instinct. I flopped by putting Peedy in there too, but I don’t think I was alone on that one. 

We all had several clunkers while predicting the season. I definitely overestimated Ariana at some point. 

Something we can agree we collectively flopped on was thinking Paris was dead in the water in the playoffs before his KO aired. (And several were still with that after it happened, given the predictions poll I made after the KOs were done)

3 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

To be fair, he definitely would've been a finalist had America gotten the chance to vote for him. 

I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to strongly disagree. His vocals aren’t close to where they need to be. Why do you think Blake let him go, and nobody stole him? He could emerge down the road, since he has some things going for him, but this wasn’t for him. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to strongly disagree. His vocals aren’t close to where they need to be. Why do you think Blake let him go, and nobody stole him? He could emerge down the road, since he has some things going for him, but this wasn’t for him. 

Carson is a likable and talented fiddle player. I wondered how he'd handle the pressure of going solo, considering he mainly performs in a band with his father and three other guys. Maybe he and his dad should have auditioned as a duo instead.

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah... I'm guilty of this sometimes but I think male country does not always equal finalist. Based on his KO, Carson clearly wasn't ready for the lives. Take Dave Fenley, he was Minivan bait but he flopped during the lives, so he was eliminated early.

I'm not saying they don't have an advantage though, because they clearly do.

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah... I'm guilty of this sometimes but I think male country does not always equal finalist. Based on his KO, Carson clearly wasn't ready for the lives. Take Dave Fenley, he was Minivan bait but he flopped during the lives, so he was eliminated early.

I'm not saying they don't have an advantage though, because they clearly do.

I think you can say this about anyone, not just country males.  Sometimes, they clearly sound good at home, when they're recording themselves.  But some turned out not to be as ready for the show as they thought they were, and end up flopping.

• Like 1

Carson wouldn’t have won, but there have been very few country guys on Team Blake that haven’t reached the finale after making Top 12/13 (rn I can only think of Dave, Austin and Corey) He might have not been ready but I don’t think he would have been eliminated earlier than bloodbath.

Edited by Daillon

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I mean, he was good enough to get FOUR CHAIRS and win his battle. If he could handle the pressure back then, I'm sure he would've done fine down the road. A single moderately weak performance really shouldn't be indicative of someone's vocal ability. And obviously he wasn't stolen because only Blake and John had steals left that taping, and John easily could've used his before Carson performed. I think if Lana has a solid chance of making the finals despite being bombarded by hate from Minivan, Carson who Minivan adored easily could've found his way there.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I mean, he was good enough to get FOUR CHAIRS and win his battle. If he could handle the pressure back then, I'm sure he would've done fine down the road. A single moderately weak performance really shouldn't be indicative of someone's vocal ability. And obviously he wasn't stolen because only Blake and John had steals left that taping, and John easily could've used his before Carson performed. I think if Lana has a solid chance of making the finals despite being bombarded by hate from Minivan, Carson who Minivan adored easily could've found his way there.

Sorry, but I called it then, and I’m calling it now. He would not have been a threat. 

• Like 1

And it´s funny how the true frontrunner of Team Ariana wasn´t defined until 2 weeks before the finale, almost at the end of the season.

• After battle spoilers and the source comments, IDF thought it was Ryleigh.

• Then KOs spoilers came and now it was Holly. 4 chair, blocked, stolen by the new coach, good singer. The boxes checked.

• NBC then promoted the s**t out of Holly, gave her the Ep 3 pimp spot, and even a cliffhanger. She got great stats on FB too. She was it. Her blind screamed "winner"

• Then battles aired and the Bella DeNapoli hype across all SM became huge, which led IDF to think she was the one, while Holly was kinda left in the background with the battle montage.

• Then KOs aired, Bella´s momentum decreased and Holly was back at the top.

• Then POs came, Team Ariana collapses live, but we still believe Holly is Ari´s main horse. "Jim and Sasha won´t last" we said.

• T11. Jim and Sasha end up in the B2 but survive. Still, now 100% confirmed that Holly is the main horse on Ari´s team.

• T10. Holly underperforms, ends up in B3 and goes home. Guess who are still in the game?

And this is why I like the full format seasons. We would have never had this whole storyline in a shortened one.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

I like Carson, and he's definitely talented. But, like Lana, his tone might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by RTV

Remember when we thought that Samuel and David were gonna be John's Top 2 due to their Facebook stats?? And they ended being bottom 2 :dead:

Also, Jershika was the only one with "no chance" at getting PV on Team Legend because her Facebook stats on her audition were really low. Man, how the tables turn. 

Edited by Gustavo527

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Remember when we thought that Samuel and David were gonna be John's Top 2 due to their Facebook stats?? And they ended being bottom 2 :dead:

Ha…ha…ha…I’m not in pain over that one or anything 🥴🙃

(as for the other part of your post, I’m glad Jershika’s thriving despite our initial expectations, even though she shouldn’t have been in the bottom 3 to begin with last week)

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Also, Jershika was the only one with "no chance" at getting PV on Team Legend because her Facebook stats on her audition were really low. Man, how the tables turn. 

Yep, Team Legend as a whole was the team that suffered the biggest changes.

But if anyone was truly seen as dead in the water here by 95% of IDF (Maybe more tbh), it was Joshua.

IDF predicted David and Samuel as PVs, and that John would save one of the girls, we didnt know who so it could be any of the two. Joshua wasnt even in the conversation, and now he is on the semis without having hit the bottom.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RTV said:

I like Carson, and he's definitely talented. But, like Lana, his tone might not be everyone's cup of tea.

He’s absolutely talented. I just don’t think he was vocally ready for the show. He can even go do big things off the show like others have done. He doesn’t need The Voice. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Hey y’all i’m back and i all i wanna say is… WOW! 

- Jim and Sasha being Aris last contender for the finale and becoming front runners for Team Ari is smth i never expected. 

- This season is becoming my favorites. I’m loving and living*hehe*  how unpredictable it is.. WOW! 

- Raquel could’ve been in Jim and Sasha’s spot if she saved her and that’s 🍵

- Jim and Sasha are my favorite snowflake killers from the past seasons(i like them).

- Team Legend>>> 

- Team Blake is amazing. I would’ve loved if he saved LiBianca tho to have a top 3 AA Team. 

- Even though I loved Libianca, I still love Lana and she’s one my favorite Pop country female this show has ever had. 

- Team Kelly is on fire and I loved everyone on her team including Jeremy and Gymani! 

- This IMO was a strong Top 13 and I loved it. This Top 8 is insane as well. 

- Wendy Moten is still insane, her performances have not been underwhelming IMO… I still love her. I feel like she’s waiting for her BIG MOMENT, possibly semis and Finale.

SEASON 21 in general>>

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

He’s absolutely talented. I just don’t think he was vocally ready for the show. He can even go do big things off the show like others have done. He doesn’t need The Voice. 

Yeah, he's young with a good foundation and plenty of time to pursue his music career.

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep, Team Legend as a whole was the team that suffered the biggest changes.

But if anyone was truly seen as dead in the water here by 95% of IDF (Maybe more tbh), it was Joshua.

IDF predicted David and Samuel as PVs, and that John would save one of the girls, we didnt know who so it could be any of the two. Joshua wasnt even in the conversation, and now he is on the semis without having hit the bottom.

Meanwhile, @Teraginn, who’s stanned Joshua since we found out about him:

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Haha 1

• istersay locked and unpinned this topic