The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 hours ago, assonesse said:

I believe Hailey will be in the bottom 4. Like seriously. She WAS in the instant save in the playoffs. She will not be able to survive having a tough competition between all the talented people. I acknowledge that she had great and stunning performances last few weeks, BUT it’s almost the finale! 

In the instant save next week:

Hailey

Jim Sasha

Lana (possible winner 🥲)

Jershika… (possible winner #2)

its funny this is your first post and you got 7 confused emojis lol but hailey is coming for pv status and eventual top 2 status

11 minutes ago, gabe0101 said:

I think you guys are looking way to into it in the aspect of them not wanting 3 Blake members in the finals. Blake is their guy. If they get the votes they get the votes. He has won 3 consecutive semi finals instant save . Also if PVs are Hailey, GNT, Paris, and Wendy only Joshua and Lana would be the new ones in the IS. It‘s hard to win back to back IS. I can see Lana beating Joshua easily with votes. 

The only reason why he won 3 Instant Saves was because of the format in those seasons only allowing one Blake member to get PV into the finale. If team quotas didn’t exist, they would have all gotten PV’s

By the way is it crazy to think Lana actually had more votes than Wendy and could get a PV over her? Wendy has been getting some hate recently for her lack of stage presence and her being a professional singer. And Lana has better FB stats. And no vote splitting with country. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. Apparently they tried to give him a modern song for fan week, but he refused. 

That was also two weeks ago, before it became clear (at least on IDF) via running the numbers that he has very solid appeal to the average casual watcher.

They could still bus him, but considering Blake tends to be pretty trusting of his artists’ instincts on songs + considering his positive reception online, sacrificing Paris in favor of Wendy could backfire.

1 minute ago, gabe0101 said:

By the way is it crazy to think Lana actually had more votes than Wendy and could get a PV over her? Wendy has been getting some hate recently for her lack of stage presence and her being a professional singer. And Lana has better FB stats. And no vote splitting with country. 

Both queens will make finale, so it doesn’t really matter in the long run. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

How do you know? 

Based on previous seasons? Also, her stats have consistently been on the lower end and her performance are usually at least somewhat flawed so it's unlikely the casuals have her back. She's probably riding off the Team Blake vote and in the past it only carried contestants till the semis unless you built a fanbase which doesn't seem the case for Lana. The fact she didn't get minivan's attention with a solid rendition of Humble and Kind is a red flag.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

What if they give J&S the pimp spot? I wouldn´t be surprised tbh.

Of course it wouldn´t mean a guaranteed PV like the earlier rounds. (See Shawn Sounds).

I just mentioned it in the other thread. I hope they realise that's too risky and also Joshua deserves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

They never bus Blake’s non-TCO threats though. They just let him have 2 finalists (there has only been one season after S11 where he had just one finalist)

To be fair, even the coaches knew that Rose deserved to win the Instant Save by a landslide (considering all of them were on their feet before she was even done with the song), so Kat was screwed the moment it was clear Rose was in the middle three.

The only question is whether Lana or Paris the higher priority for TPTB at this point.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

And Britton Buchanan. 

Yep. He had to sing for his life to get to the finale.

I don´t know if J&S could pull it off even if they get pimped to hell and back. The top 4 seems too strong to me.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

To be fair, even the coaches knew that Rose deserved to win the Instant Save by a landslide (considering all of them were on their feet before she was even done with the song), so Kat was screwed the moment it was clear Rose was in the middle three.

The only question is whether Lana or Paris the higher priority for TPTB at this point.

Agreed. I preferred Rose by a mile in general.

I’m thinking Paris is a higher priority, considering he got a PV already, plus his numbers are overall much higher on FB

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep. He had to sing for his life to get to the finale.

I don´t know if they could pull it off even if they get pimped to hell and back. The top 4 seems too strong to me.

That was a weird case though, since everyone expected him to be a finale lock. At least he managed to make Top 2 in spite of it

7 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

That was a weird case though, since everyone expected him to be a finale lock. At least he managed to make Top 2 in spite of it

I was shocked too (I remember thinking Brynn would be the one who would lose the PV after Spensha was called safe) But looking back his song was so obscure and not “pimp spot material” so we should have seen it coming.

6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I was shocked too (I remember thinking Brynn would be the one who would lose the PV after Spensha was called safe) But looking back his song was so obscure and not “pimp spot material” so we should have seen it coming.

They pimped the hell out of him that night. He didn´t show up until the second hour (duet with Brynn), and got a song by one of his all time favorite artists (Springsteen), a song I´m sure he has performed before a lot. Plus the huge choir. It wasn´t my favorite from him, but I thought that might have sealed the win tbh.

Spensha was the curveball for sure. Nobody here can say they saw that one coming.

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Friendly reminder that JHud was left with 0 contestants in the finale on Season 13 despite being her first season :P

I think they tried to push for Noah in the finale, but Noah didn’t want it