Someone648

17 hours ago, idolfan1234 said:

So the songs are...

Wendy Moten - Jolene by Dolly Parton

Girl Named Tom - Viva La Vida by Coldplay

Jershika Maple - Aint it Fun by Paramore

Lana Scott - The One That Got Away by Katy Perrry

Holly Forbes - Last Dance by Donna Summer

Jeremy Rosado - Freedom is a Highway by Brad Paisley (sung in Spanish)

Hailey Mia - Peter Pan by Kelsea Ballerini

Joshua Vacanti - If I Aint Got You by Alicia Keyes

Jim and Sasha - Stay by Rihanna

Paris Winningham - Amazed by Lonestar

great song choices:

Wendy, Hailey, J&S, Paris 

Should be fine:

GNT, Joshua

WTF:

Holly, Jeremy, Lana, Jershika 

Bottom 3 prediction: J&S, Lana, Jershika 

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I wanted Jeremy to go the Carrie route like on Idol if he went country again. Seems he misheard me and went with her friend instead, Brad Paisley.

And Brad is great, but he´s a guitar player first and foremost, he doesn´t really stand out as a singer, and his songs showcase his (phenomenal) instrumental skills more. Not really a good choice of an artist for a singing competition.

"Freedom was a Highway" is basically a Jimmie Allen song, featuring Brad Paisley.

From the linked article:

When Jimmie Allen first began writing his song “Freedom was a Highway,” with co-writers Ash Bowers and Matt Rogers, he dove back into his memory of driving around the streets of his hometown. A Milton, Delaware native, the singer-songwriter reflects upon a time “when I first learned how to drive before I had my license,” he says, “and I was serious about my first crush.”

“I just wanted something that felt like home to me, and I just went with it,” Allen says on an episode of Today’s Country Radio with Kelleigh Bannen on Apple Music Country. “I didn’t realize people would be into it as much as they’re starting to show they are. Typically, I just write songs that I like and put them out, and hopefully, they land where they’re supposed to land.”

In a press statement around the release, he noted his immense admiration for Paisley. “I love what he brings to music, and I had to have him bring that same magic to this song,” he said. “I’m humbled to have him join me on this song —he brought the Freedom to the Highway.”

Paisley also shared his joy in the collaboration. “I’m a fan of Jimmie, not only as a musician but also as a person, and I was honored when he asked me to join him on the song. It’s a magical combination—it doesn’t sound like a typical record for me at all and when I come in, I try my best not to ruin Jimmie’s song,” he said. “I use my guitar to make a record sort of sound like I’m on it even before you hear me sing, and I love this guitar solo.”

https://americansongwriter.com/behind-the-song-freedom-was-a-highway-by-jimmie-allen-brad-paisley

• Like 1

So, GNT is probably winning, where did y"all stopped believing that the anti-group views from Minivan would be a problem for them? I´d say after their PO reception. Groups usually either fall apart during the first live show or get destroyed by Minivan. Neither of those things happened here.

3 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Do y’all think contestants like GNT that are clear frontrunners have any real nerves about not moving on from ep to ep?

I´m sure they don´t look at the stats, and if they do, they likely don´t analize things like we do here. 

And layering harmonies + coming up with different arrangement every week that suits all 3 voices is hard AF, especially since it has a higher shot at being a big hit or a huge miss. I´m sure they are not without their worries.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m sure they don´t look at the stats, and if they do, they likely don´t analize things like we do here. 

They have at least posted about iTunes and I would assume they have to know they are the only ones making any waves there. I am sure there are likely doubts or worries at times, but it’s also hard for me to believe that some contestants are not more confident than others.