The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

42 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I’m guessing given the theme for this week most if not all of these songs were not on their lists. Paris said Blake picked Amazed for him. 

The list is only for IS songs. Once you proceed in the competition, you have as much say as your particular coach gives you, combined with friendly “suggestions” from production.

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

The list is only for IS songs. Once you proceed in the competition, you have as much say as your particular coach gives you, combined with friendly “suggestions” from production.

Meaning you better hope you’re with Blake (since he’s generally been pretty good about trusting his artists to know if a song is a good fit for them) AND a producer favorite if you want the most creative freedom.

58 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It goes nowhere vocally, and at this stage he needs a moment and this is not gonna give it to him.

I´d be more sure of his surviving chances if he was the only one doing country on the night. Despite this being his song, I think he could have gotten a pass either way. But there are country classics being sung tonight, and the attention from the crowd will most likely go there.

OK you say that but you do not know what Jeremy is gonna do live on the stage! U guys all bringing Jeremy down is so rude. Just because you guys think this wasn't good in the studio it doesn't mean it isn't gonna be good live. Give the man a chance for gods sake

Just now, BigMac454 said:

OK you say that but you do not know what Jeremy is gonna do live on the stage! U guys all bringing Jeremy down is so rude. Just because you guys think this wasn't good in the studio it doesn't mean it isn't gonna be good live. Give the man a chance for gods sake

And you all saying stuff about him and this song being a "bussed" thing it so rude. I think he will do his best tonight and you guys will be proved wrong! You all didn't like him last week and he still got in! 

2 minutes ago, BigMac454 said:

I don´t think anybody has commented anything negative about the vocals. The song is the problem. 

I like Jeremy, and while he hasn´t had the most interesting song choices, he has sung well and is deserving on his spot. But this song does not fit him.

1 minute ago, BigMac454 said:

Nobody is bringing Jeremy down, we are just expressing our thoughts about his chance based on his studio recording (which is not exactly good). We can be wrong, but so far, the only thing we have are the studios, so obviously we are gonna make assumptions based on them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t think anybody has commented anything negative about the vocals. The song is the problem. 

I like Jeremy, and while he hasn´t had the most interesting song choices, he has sung well and is deserving on his spot. But this song does not fit him.

You guys have commented negative things about everything with this performance of his. I have seen it all and I would not say anything if you guys didnt say anything

not trying to start something but it seems so rude tbh

Most of us acknowledge that Jeremy is a perfectly capable vocalist (otherwise, he wouldn’t have made it relatively far into two different singing competitions), it’s just that a more modern/upbeat song choice when two country classics are also on the roster tonight as well as a fairly well-known country-pop crossover hit is risky.

Hopefully, he does well and we’re wrong about the bottom three predictions, but he’s less of a safe bet for the semifinals than several other artists left at this point in the game.

Edited by VintageVoice

You guys have commented negative things about everything with this performance of his. I have seen it all and I would not say anything if you guys didnt say anything

Sorry if this starts stuff but I am being honest and sharing my feelings here

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Most of us acknowledge that Jeremy is a perfectly capable vocalist (otherwise, he wouldn’t have made it relatively far into two different singing competitions), it’s just that a more modern/upbeat song choice when two classics are also on the roster tonight as well as a fairly well-known country-pop crossover hit is risky.

Hopefully, he does well and we’re wrong about the bottom three predictions, but he’s less of a safe bet for the semifinals than several other artists left at this point in the game.

Sorry if this starts stuff but I am being honest and sharing my feelings here

This is not a Jeremy fan thread. It’s a thread to discuss the show as a GAME and whose songs give them a better chance of proceeding in the game. 

it’s not rude to analyze Jeremy’s song in that context. 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, BigMac454 said:

If you have seen my comments at least, you´d notice that while I acknowledge that he hasn´t been at his best lately (it´s my opinion), I still find something positive in his performances. (His connection to the song, his tone, etc). 

Nobody is denying that he can sing, he has made it this far for a reason. Whether people like his performances or not, it comes down to personal taste. If someone doesn´t like it, that sure ain´t gonna stop Jeremy from continuing to persue music. 

If you´re looking for a place that actually dislikes him, go to Mjsbigblog, the comments are way harsher there, and they flat out don´t care. On IDF, several of us acknowledge that the contestants could eventually read this (even though they shouldn´t), and try to keep it as nice as possible. But at the end of the day, we have our opinions, and we can´t keep quiet or lie just to keep everyone happy.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

If you have seen my comments at least, you´d notice that while I acknowledge that he hasn´t been at his best lately (it´s my opinion), I still find something positive in his performances. (His connection to the song, his tone, etc). 

Nobody is denying that he can sing, he has made it this far for a reason. Whether people like his performances or not, it comes down to personal taste. If someone doesn´t like it, that sure ain´t gonna stop Jeremy from continuing to persue music. 

If you´re looking for a place that actually dislikes him, go to Mjsbigblog, the comments are way harsher there, and they flat out don´t care. Several of us acknowledge that the contestants could eventually read this (even though they shouldn´t), and try to keep it as nice as possible. But at the end of the day, we have our opinions, and we can´t keep quiet or lie just to keep everyone happy.

@Misirlou I am not talking about you..... I have seen ur positive stuff. But you guys are wrong about Jeremy not bein at his best lately Jeremy has always worn his heart on his sleeve and shown his emotion in every performance and emotion is something that cannot be taught. And some people here are so rude.

1 minute ago, BigMac454 said:

And some people here are so rude.

I have not seen any rudeness towards Jeremy in this thread. Rudeness would be personal attacks and calling him names and such. Criticism and sharing of personal opinions isn't being rude.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I have not seen any rudeness towards Jeremy in this thread. Rudeness would be personal attacks and calling him names and such. Criticism and sharing of personal opinions isn't being rude.

Okay I am not sitting here arguing today you guys know some of you been rude and I am just saying he gonna prove all of you guys wrong and yea