The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

10 minutes ago, British Man said:

Ok can anyone explain what is going on with that photo where Holly is fighting the producers in the back? And why is no one asking about it in the comment of the instagram photo?

I was there. A producer accidentally mentioned IDF within Holly's ear shot. She proceeded to show them her hands then walked away singing "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green. Other people there said the producer deserved it. We stan Holly Forbes.

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Its 90s theme duets. You really can't say you're gonna do something from the 90s without singing Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Lol. J&S and ? That would be a double decker.

Made me look at some No. 1's of the 90's lists.  Looked like the Sahara of singing show materials.  Really wanna hear duets of Ice Ice Baby, Too Sexy for My Shirt or Baby's got Back  🤪

I'm sure TV will find something good, right?

32 minutes ago, kforreal said:

I was there. A producer accidentally mentioned IDF within Holly's ear shot. She proceeded to show them her hands then walked away singing "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green. Other people there said the producer deserved it. We stan Holly Forbes.

so we now have concrete evidence - TPTB knows IDF exists :haha:

Edited by MatthewPalermo

5 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

Poor Lana, so much hate towards her on Instagram 😢 

I swear the voice needs to disable comments on their posts

Country artists always get hate on the show and she’s the only one so it’s very obvious out there. She’s making them all eat their words though. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gabe0101 said:

Anyone seen Lana’s latest Instagram story? It is a video from GNT. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but maybe it’s a sign they are duet partners. 

It'd make sense, since Girl Named Tom can do country.

1 hour ago, British Man said:

Ok can anyone explain what is going on with that photo where Holly is fighting the producers in the back? And why is no one asking about it in the comment of the instagram photo?

The producers always show the contestants the way off the stage and sometime put their hands on their backs to lead them in the direction. While, this was happening Holly was waving at the audience.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voice said:

The producers always show the contestants the way off the stage and sometime put their hands on their backs to lead them in the direction. While, this was happening Holly was waving at the audience.

Interesting. All these years of watching the show, and I haven’t noticed that, but I’m not reading anything into that photo. I highly doubt she was angry about anything. 

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

If she had gone through after Last Dance I would have considered a PV lock, lol. If you have enough support to save you after that…

Donna Summer won't save you in lives, even if you're vocally one of the best/strongest in the competition.

(Shoutout to the OG Sasha Allen)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gabe0101 said:

Anyone seen Lana’s latest Instagram story? It is a video from GNT. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but maybe it’s a sign they are duet partners. 

It’s just a repost of GNT’s post, being thankful for the friends they have made on the show. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CW8yxssAPFM/?utm_medium=copy_link

I’ve been stalking this page since i dunno season 12? But only decided to come join the fun now lol. 

I am fairly certain that the ff are strong contenders for the Top 4 PVs:

1. GNT - all 3 of their recordings is still in the top itunes downloads and a couple of their pre the voice recordings are doing well on spotify

2. Jim and Sasha - highest non GNT named contestant on Itunes. Sasha does have a lot of IG followers too! Aside from the very minimal Arianators who vote

3. Paris - Delivers consistent performances week in and week out. 2 of his live recordings reached the itunes top 100 and reacts on socials are very favorable

4/5. Wendy - she does get a lot of hate and a bit underwhelming recently but I think her t10 perf was well received. The fact that it entered the top 50 in itunes is a big deal

4/5. Hailey- I am a bit unsure how real the hailey following is. The fact she avoided bottom placement after winning the IS during the POs is huge! But her songs hasn’t done as well on the itunes chart which is a bit surprising as i imagine her fan base skew younger

PS. I know itunes sales are not part of the votes but the fact you have supporters who buys your records means an engaged set of fans. Top 4 who showed up in the itunes charts sailed comfortably in the next round. That’s consistent in all of the seasons and shows fan engagement so call me stupid for factoring heavily on that but.. it has been a good indicator.. 

Lana, Jershika and Joshua will pretty much land in the singing for an IS category… it’ll be interesting to see if Wendy or Hailey will be joining them.

Edited by The narrator
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Oooh forgot to mention that my actual preference for the finale: GNT, Hailey, Paris, Wendy then probably Joshua or Lana (sorry but Jershika no matter how talented she is kinda sits in the same lane as Wendy and Paris and out of the 3 of them.. i prefer the other 2 by a smidge). Joshua and Lana are both alone in their respective lanes and are really consistent in giving good performances 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainOggy6320 said:

How did she get send home that season again? I remember rooting for her so hard only for her to miss the finale 🥲

I don’t remember S4 very well but from what I know she was the least popular contestant left in the Top 5 by a good margin. I don’t think there was anything she could do at that point, she was a goner, regardless of her performances.

Edited by Daillon

Hey! I'm new to IDF but have been following the show since like season 9. Anyways I thought I'd give some thoughts about the remaining 8 contestants.

1. GNT- Probably gonna win at this point, but it's not impossible that someone else can take away their frontrunner status.

2. Paris- He seems to be well-liked by literally everyone, but I don't think anyone feels strongly enough about him to propel him to a win. I do think casual votes will be enough to carry him to the finale tho.

3. Hailey- I wasn't convinced until Elastic Heart, but yeah she seems like a finale lock at this point (unless she gets the Brennley Brown treatment next week).

4. Wendy- She reminds me a lot of Katie Kadan in the sense that she's popular, but extremely polarizing. I don't see her placing higher than the 3 I have above her, but she'll be in the finale for sure.

5. Joshua- One of the most consistent vocalists in the competition (and maybe even my personal favorite left). He could make the finale for sure, but it's all dependent on his song choices (especially his IS song choice).

6. Jim and Sasha- They're Ari's last contestant left, so that helps. But unless they're strong enough to beat that top 4, I don't see them winning an IS against Joshua or Jershika who would mop the floor with them vocally. That is unless TPTB pull out a Twitter IS to get them in the finale (please god no).

7. Jershika- She had to be saved this week, but she's proven that she can sing well under pressure. I can totally see her winning an IS into the finale, but it's an uphill battle considering she has to learn 3 songs this week.

8. Lana- I'm ranking her last because Blake is not getting 3 finalists, but she made it further than I expected her to so props to her.

Edited by MusicBuff101
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, pauwis said:

Fun songs.. sure doesn't mean anything

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW7HqnjlacW/?utm_medium=copy_link

For the people who follow Kelly, do you think she wrote that herself, or did some else do it for her? “Fun songs.” She tweeted the exact same thing. 

I actually don’t take every word she says this literally, just wondering. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

For the people who follow Kelly, do you think she wrote that herself, or did some else do it for her? “Fun songs.” She tweeted the exact same thing. 

I actually don’t take every word she says this literally, just wondering. 

It's very probable tbh