The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

At least David was good on "breathin" for Team Ari :haha:

I believe Shadale and Janora would have been among the top two ariana grande covers this season if TPTB hadn't montaged them.

8 minutes ago, echoap said:

Hmmm, I think Holly and most of the cast already peaked. Now I'm basically just waiting for GNT and  Jershika's peak + Wendy's second pimp spot. 

Who knows? There could still be a chance for surprises, especially since Top 11 and 10 are typically the moments weeks.

I dont think many of us imagined Jershika racking up those FB numbers this week. We'll see if she keeps it up. 

Edited by Misirlou

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Who knows? There could still be a chance for surprises, especially since Top 11 and 10 are typically the moments weeks.

I dont think many of us imagined Jershika racking up those FB numbers this week. We'll see if she keeps it up. 

With Jershika you probably noticed her numbers were a little below or about the same as Hailey’s up until the end of the voting window. The huge jump in views occurred the next day, because it got a ton of shares. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume the song choice contributed to the large number of shares. Most of the people who ended up watching the video probably don’t watch the show and are not potential voters. Let’s see what happens this week. 

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I’m think she has a chance at the Middle 3 in Semis (if they’re still doing that)

Edited by Cookie73

13 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Genre might not be the only thing that's gonna switch if they really do this song  :giggle:

you underestimate their power, with that performance of her song, Minivan will finally be head over heels for Ariana 😍

• Haha 2

They actually sounded nice on the Ariana song lol.

Maybe they should try something more modern, as long as they keep their signature sound to it.

The most recent song they have done has been Creep, which was released in 1992. All of their other songs were released before 1980.

Edited by Misirlou

33 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Maybe they should try something more modern, as long as they keep their signature sound to it.

The most recent song they have done has been Creep, which was released in 1992. All of their other songs were released before 1980.

Wendy's song choices as well:

We Can Work It Out (1965)

If I Ever Lose My Faith (1993)

Ain't No Way (1968)

I Will Always Love You (1974)

Blue Bayou (1963)

Her latest song was released only a year after GNT's :dead:

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Ain't No Way (1968)

Blue Bayou (1963)

On the other hand, Joshua's oldest song choice so far has been "You and I", released on 2011. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Chloe only had 1 song from the 90's as I recall her season lol (Dido 1998).  Some people complain about older songs, some people eat them up, and some artists just eat them.

Based on Kelly's comment about Bekah/Alison Krauss, I'm hoping for Ghost in this House for their out-of -genre pick. Not a prediction though - have taken the pledge against.

Edited by WastedinMemphis

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

We only have 3 more weeks though, time is running out ⏲️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torres said:

Where did all these views come from all over sudden? 760k views day 2, social distancing from the 2nd who is Wendy at 295k. 

Before the T13 results, they and Wendy were quite close; I believe they were at 220k and Wendy was 214k.

Around 20 hours ago, someone in the GNT fan thread provided a comparison between GNT and Wendy, with GNT having 489k views and Wendy having 268k views. Wendy hasn't even hit the 300k mark, while GNT is nearing the 800k milestone, which they can finish in a day.

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Ain't No Way (1968)

Blue Bayou (1963)

Wendy likes to sing classics that shouldn't be forgotten, so that might be the reason for her songs being older.

29 minutes ago, RTV said:

Wendy likes to sing classics that shouldn't be forgotten, so that might be the reason for her songs being older.

Yes and she said on her live yesterday that she plans to continue to do these types of songs. 

Paris also just said on his live that he was pitched a more recent popular song and said he wouldn’t do it because it doesn’t fit his voice. He said he wants to bring back soul and doesn’t tend to be moved by much of the recent music, at least not enough to want to perform it on the show. You could tell he was a bit annoyed because I think a lot of people have been telling him to do recent/popular songs and he was saying he’s going to do what works best for his voice because if he did a song like that, those same people would be the ones saying it wasn’t his best performance. 

59 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Yes and she said on her live yesterday that she plans to continue to do these types of songs. 

Paris also just said on his live that he was pitched a more recent popular song and said he wouldn’t do it because it doesn’t fit his voice. He said he wants to bring back soul and doesn’t tend to be moved by much of the recent music, at least not enough to want to perform it on the show. You could tell he was a bit annoyed because I think a lot of people have been telling him to do recent/popular songs and he was saying he’s going to do what works best for his voice because if he did a song like that, those same people would be the ones saying it wasn’t his best performance. 

As much as I would like to see him do something more modern, Paris knows his voice better than any of the audience - if a song’s not going to work for his voice, then he shouldn’t try and force it to fit him.

1 hour ago, jem128 said:

Its great that he knows his voice and what he wants to do. Reminds me of when Noah Mac said they tried to throw some One Direction songs at him and he managed to dodge them. Thank God.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 11:20 AM, Arsh said:

I don't think she'll return. She is a brilliant vocalist and a wonderful person, but I believe she lacks strategic thinking and makes poor decisions.

Hailey Mia is an excellent example of her choices; the only time she had an unimpressive performance was during her battles since the song she chose was inappropriate for her. Haley had really given four solid performances in team Kelly, and her song choices were excellent.

Hailey's Blinds was okay, her battle was iffy. And then she stepped into a whole new gear when pitted against the Cunningham Sisters, and hasn't really dropped the ball since. 

Ariana turned for 9 out of the top 11 contestants (not Jershika or Lana). Only Jim & Sasha picked her. 

Holly was a steal. 

Her decision not to save Bella is iffy, but Bella messed up with her previous 3 performances. 

Imo it's not really Ariana's fault 8 out of the 9 contestants she turned for in the top 11 didn't pick her. She had a weak team from auditions onwards. But she hasn't made any grievous mistakes really. 

That being said, I doubt she'll be back. She has other stuff to do. Plus her fans haven't enjoyed the show since auditions, when it was clear her team was pretty weak. They'll watch clips and check out her outfits, but her tweets about the show get very low engagement, and most fans I follow stopped watching the show weeks ago. 

Bella and Katie's Enough is Enough was the high point, and it's all been downhill since then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jem128 said:

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Its great that he knows his voice and what he wants to do. Reminds me of when Noah Mac said they tried to throw some One Direction songs at him and he managed to dodge them. Thank God.

Yikes at these shameless bus attempts. You should be ashamed TPTB, especially for trying to make Noah sing 1D...

• Like 1