The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 hours ago, jus.willy said:

we don’t know if they got a standing O because they didn’t show the coaches at the end of the perfomance… or maybe they didn’t show them because it wasn’t a standing o fr? Idk

I remember John being shown as the only coach that stood up for Corey's knockout last season but in the lives promo, another angle showed that he got a standing O from everyone except Blake so that's definitely a possibility 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

And for the record, I like Carson, I think he's incredibly talented, but it would be unfair if he came back after losing his KO, because he's 100% getting PV if he does. Anyone else that comes back from TB is not gonna change the dynamics of a Wendy/Peedy PV scenario.

Why is it unfair? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Why is it unfair? 

Because he lost his KO, so for him to come back and have a higher chance to advance than several people that actually won theirs its unfair. At least I see it that way.

It would apply for everyone else that has been eliminated, honestly, even the ones that don't have the voting potential that Carson has. This has nothing to do with him, its the whole coach comeback situation, which I, for instance, am not really a fan of. 

If TPTB wanted to give more people second chances, they could have easily implemented a save in the KOs.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Why is it unfair? 

It's unfair because contestants get eliminated for a reason. Whatever it may be, at the end of the day this is a competition and only one can win. If a previously eliminated contestant comes back and advances further than others who actually earned their spot in the live shows, it completely disregards their legitimate effort to go as far in the competition as they can. Whether a comeback contestant was simply outperformed, just had a bad day, or anything in between, it doesn't matter. They were eliminated, and that should be that.

• Like 7

For instance, if KJ and Wyatt, other two favorites of mine that got cut early, would come back in the twist for the lives, and made it further than others that got there via winning their rounds or a steal, not gonna lie, I would like to see them on stage more, but I 'd still consider it to be unfair, since they were previously eliminated. It wrecks the whole point of the competition.

The Four applied that method, and frankly, it was pretty lame. The whole arc of the 2nd half of the second season was to make James win after he came back from elimination.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Alright, hear me out, if the comeback is real, I don't think Blake's will be Carson.

Yes, he is Minivan material, and yes, he could win the show if he just keeps doing what he did in his blind and battle (sing and play guitar, staying away from the fiddle). 

But Blake rarely pulls that move he did in KOs. He clearly wanted to move Carson forward, but since he apparently didnt deliver, he had no choice but to cut him off. When a contestant shows Blake that they are not really ready for the lives, he usually lets them go and it stays that way.

Watch this age like milk lol.

He did eliminate Holly Henry against Nic Hawk of all people, so that makes sense. And he’s offered criticism to many contestants in Knockouts that did not live up to their Blinds. For example, he states that he would have picked Darious over Mike. I think that was the Knockout where he mentioned making decisions based off what happened that moment.

As interesting as I think Coach Comebacks would be, I agree with @Misirlou and @MatthewPalermo that they’re inherently unfair - there can only be one winning act at the end of the day, and taking someone who lost their battle and putting them up against people who won both their battle and KOs makes the work of the latter seem less legitimate, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the comeback artists’ eliminations.

In any case, I don’t see them happening this season, but if they did I just hope TPTB make a new rule that it can only be KO eliminations or something like that to try and make it less unfair, then split the playoffs over two nights so they’re not going to have 24 performances in one night 🥴

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

It's unfair because contestants get eliminated for a reason. Whatever it may be, at the end of the day this is a competition and only one can win. If a previously eliminated contestant comes back and advances further than others who actually earned their spot in the live shows, it completely disregards their legitimate effort to go as far in the competition as they can. Whether a comeback contestant was simply outperformed, just had a bad day, or anything in between, it doesn't matter. They were eliminated, and that should be that.

By that line of thought, it’s “unfair” for a stolen contestant to go farther than any contestant that won the same round and the show should go back to S1/2 rules with no steals, no saves.

It only feels unfair since it’s a new rule. If they had used consistent comeback every season, no one would blink an eye.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ammonium said:

So basically if Carson comes back it's unfair. Anyone else comes back it's unfair but not that much.

For me, it applies to anyone that has been eliminated, not just Carson. He's a pre-season favorite of mine actually, and the same thing goes for KJ, Wyatt , Samara and other people that I like that were cut before lives.

Of course that might not be the case for IDF as a whole, since he's indeed not particularly liked here.

• Like 3

Honestly, I'll be fine with an audience voted comeback for 1 artist as long as Carson isn't in the running. I don't think anyone else would change anything :haha:

If there was one, Hailey Green for Blake, please.

• Like 2

Hey guys! Idk if you remember me I joined around season 9 but I’m back! If the coaches comeback twist is true do y’all think Keliah Grace has a chance of coming back? I really liked her and was surprised to see her go so soon. Also Sophia was another one I knew wasn’t going to win but I thought she would at least make it past battle rounds. 

Just now, CocoaPuffs said:

Hey guys! Idk if you remember me I joined around season 9 but I’m back! If the coaches comeback twist is true do y’all think Keliah Grace has a chance of coming back? I really liked her and was surprised to see her go so soon. Also Sophia was another one I knew wasn’t going to win but I thought she would at least make it past battle rounds. 

John’s team is probably the most competitive for the save from what I’ve seen. He has a lot of eliminated artists that did really well here, and another potentially saddening elimination coming up

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I get that, but that should apply for every contestant who has the potential to come back. It shouldn’t just be said to single out Carson. 

I don’t think he intended to apply it to only Carson. Do you think it would be fair for Carson to come back and bump Wendy, who earned her spot? 

Lets look at it this way:

On Team Kelly, we have GNT, Hailey and Jeremy as the most likely PV candidates for now. Any ideas of an eliminated Kelly contestant that would change that dynamic in the comeback? I could have thought of TCS, but apparently they weren't well recieved in FB comments last night. So, nobody.

On Team Ari, we have Holly and Bella as the likeliest PVs. Could Vaughn shake that up? I personally don't think so, honestly. Arianators love him but not sure Minivan does.

On Team Legend, there's Samuel as the main dog, and the 2nd PV is up for grabs, honestly. I think everyone has a chance here. If any contestant came back, I'd put them in that scenario too, just not above Samuel.

On Team Blake, now here things would be shaken up. Wendy and Peedy are likely PVs. If Hailey G comes back, she likely wouldnt change that, but she could get WC with consistency and the Blake support.

If Carson comes back, all he needs to do is stay on pitch during his song, no fiddle, and he's good to go. He's bumping one of Wendy and Peedy out of the PV spots. Not really clear who though. Probably Peedy.

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

By that line of thought, it’s “unfair” for a stolen contestant to go farther than any contestant that won the same round and the show should go back to S1/2 rules with no steals, no saves.

It only feels unfair since it’s a new rule. If they had used consistent comeback every season, no one would blink an eye.

I feel like a steal and a save is better and should be warranted to battle and KO pairing where they are practically evenly matched, for example had there been no save or steal in season 14 Christiana Danielle would have been eliminated way too early on and that would be considered as a robbery, same thing with this season with Jermey vs Jershika neither deserved to go home even Samuel vs Brittany and GNT vs Holly had there been an elimination in this situation it would be a big robbery, according to sources both pairings did really well even one sources calling GNT vs Holly legendary. Carson according to sources didn’t do all that well , so he might not been prepared for the lives , a steal and save wouldn’t be warranted hear and if he gets CC it’s unfair because other contestants are inevitably going to deliver better vocal performances by a landslide and Carson would still win regardless of a mediocre performance or not.

Edited by Mohammad

11 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

I feel like a steal and a save is better and should be warranted to battle and KO pairing where they are practically evenly matched, for example had there been no save in season 14 Christiana Danielle would have been eliminated way too early on and that would be considered as a robbery, same thing with this season with Jermey vs Jershika neither deserved to go home even Samuel vs Brittany and GNT vs Holly had there been an elimination in this situation it would be a big robbery, according to sources both pairings did really well even one sources calling GNT vs Holly legendary. Carson according to sources didn’t do all that well , so he might not been prepared for the lives , a steal and save wouldn’t be warranted hear and if he gets CC it’s unfair because other contestants are inevitably going to deliver better vocal performances by a landslide and Carson would still win regardless of a mediocre performance or not.

Adam and Kelly pushed their button for her, she wasn't going anywhere.

Edited by Daillon