The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Daillon said:

The problem with GNT is that they scream “one-trick pony”, at least to me. Groups have to find a way to mix it up and I think that’s harder to do if you are folk than if you are pop.

We don´t know any of their song choices yet, though, or the direction they are going to take on the show.

Alright, who’s the coach who didn’t stand for Queen Wendy? And please try to find out which gospel song she sang? Maybe she’s using the multi-genre approach, with a big country ballad on deck for the playoffs. I’m sure Blake can come up with something good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

We don´t know any of their song choices yet, though, or the direction they are going to take on the show.

I assumed they were into that based on their covers/songs. But yeah, probably too soon to confirm anyting.

18 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

New Info:

-Raquel sang “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse and her performance was “flawless,” according to the source.  
-Both Holly and Samuel got standing Os. 
-Wendy got 3/4 coaches standing and sang a gospel song. 

All great news! Also, I wonder if Blake was the only one to not stand for Wendy, like with Cam.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Alright, who’s the coach who didn’t stand for Queen Wendy? And please try to find out which gospel song she sang? Maybe she’s using the multi-genre approach, with a big country ballad on deck for the playoffs. I’m sure Blake can come up with something good. 

Probably Blake. He didn´t stand up for Cam´s KO either. Sometimes he doesn´t feel the need to, he just lets the performance speak.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Probably Blake. He didn´t stand up for Cam´s KO either. Sometimes he doesn´t feel the need to, he just lets the performance speak.

True, and part of that might be not wanting the opponent to feel any worse than they already do, after the beating they just took. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Probably Blake himself not standing. He never stands in the Battles/KOs for his own artists when he has to choose one. (He did the same with Cam)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

True, and part of that might be not wanting the opponent to feel any worse than they already do, after the beating they just took. 

Recently, Blake is more likely to stand up more for people on other teams. (If he´s impressed, of course, if not, nah). Overall, he´s the least likely of the coaches to give you a standing O. 

Watch it not be Blake, but one of the other 3 that didn´t stand lol.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

My guessees:

Paris Winningham (3-4 chairs)

Peedy Chavis (2-3 chairs)

Jim and Sasha (2 chairs)

Samuel Harness (2-4 chairs)

Lana Scott (1-2 chairs)

Shadale Johnson (3-4 chairs)

This but I'm sure Paris is a four chair turn

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don't think it will be her primary direction on the show, but it's hard to imagine that she won't sing at least one country song during her run.

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Go Rest High On That Mountain for the playoffs? 👀

• Like 2

So looking at these results, I'm sensing that these are the outcomes TPTB wants for this season:

Outcome 1: a female AA wins the show
This is the main directive right now. They stacked the cast such that it paves the way for this outcome. Wendy is obviously their main horse, but in the unlikely event that she flops, Gymani and Jershika are waiting in the wings.

Outcome 2: a Team Ariana member wins the show
I think this was something that TPTB was gearing towards before the blinds, but sadly they didn't count on Ariana not attracting enough of the talents to her team. I still think they'll pimp her team as much as possible, but it will take a miracle for her to win with the team she ended up with.

Outcome 3: a duo/trio goes deep in the competition
This is honestly just based on the fact that they casted so many duos/trios this season. Only two are left, but I can see a case for both of them being pushed for by their coaches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes. He rarely gives standing ovations in KOs for his contestants. If he gave a standing ovation for one, other person already knows there's no chance after that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Recently, Blake is more likely to stand up more for people on other teams. (If he´s impressed, of course, if not, nah). Overall, he´s the least likely to give you a standing O. 

I believe standing Os in the lives are often to help out another coach who wants to make sure their snowflake makes it through.  

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I don't think it will be her primary direction on the show, but it's hard to imagine that she won't sing at least one country song during her run.

I mean...she’s performed at the Grand Ole Opry 8 times since 2019, and it was closed most of last year. Country is a pretty big focus for her right now. If she doesn’t sing it on the show, it may be because they won’t let her. 

Edited by TeamAudra