The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

13 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

yes I know Sasha might turn away some voters, but this is 2021, surely the voters who are against trans people are in the minority?

They are probably "fine" with LGBT people as long as they don't "play the victim". In other words, they are homophobic/transphobic asf, but as long as LGBT contestants basically shut up about their very real experiences with discrimination, they are "fine" with them. 

The same with black people, that's why they hate John, because, unlike Usher, Alicia, etc. he is very open about his viems against racism. They are "good" with black people and gay people as long as they shut up about their (very real) opression

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

They are probably "fine" with LGBT people as long as they don't "play the victim". In other words, they are homophobic/transphobic asf, but as long as LGBT contestants basically shut up about their very real experiences with discrimination, they are "fine" with them. 

The same with black people, that's why they hate John, because, unlike Usher, Alicia, etc. he is very open about his viems against racism. They are "good" with black people and gay people as long as they shut up about their (very real) opression

This just got very real, but I agree. Very curious to see how the show will showcase Sasha's story.

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She has a way of doing that.

2 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

I disagree with Kelly’s team being the weakest and I have so many points to back this up.

I disagree. 
1. in terms of overall vocal abilities her team is the strongest in that aspect she has 3 powerhouses Brittany Bree, Gymani, and Jeremy Rosado. GNT has flawless harmonies and they can each hold their own individually and their technique is AMAZING. Hailey Mia outstanding for her age, her technique is good and she can hit pretty high notes and her tone is really good IMO.

2. Her team IMO is the 2nd strongest in terms of voting potential, both Jeremy Rosado and Hailey Mia have big chance of appealing to minivan and the viewers. GNT is versatile, unique, and is country-adjacent . Gymani and Brittany too might appeal to minivan similar to Kyla Jade ,Kymberli Joye, Rose Short , Toniesha , and Desz who all made made it to the finale except Kymberli Joye who did well enough to end up in the semifinals.

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I'm super excited someone's finally covering "Wildest Dreams" on The Voice! I just looked it up and the only time I'm seeing it on TVUSA was for Katherine, who I believe was montaged for all three rounds.

Someone in S13 (Alexandra, I believe?) did it as well but she was montaged too.

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Jim and Sasha advancing was probably the most pleasant surprise for me, because I figured Ariana would sacrifice them for one of her pop girls. If she has a soft spot for them, that would be useful to get the coach save on playoffs if they need it.

Maybe they were 4-chair turn with amazing harmony. 

30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Man, this season really is a middle finger to the demo, courtesy of the casting crew. I think the obvious focus was to not bring in a Todd or a Hoot, who most of the demo would instantly flock to, but in the process ended up with a top 20 without much variety, especially since they eliminated the female country singers early again. I’m not a card carrying minivan member, but if it wasn’t for Wendy, I’m not sure whether I’d even watch. 

Kinda like season 5 and 13, I guess they are aiming for a very specific type of winner. Maybe a team Ariana member or perhaps a black Female winner. 

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Young kid with the ultimate shepherd of sheep (Blake)?  That reason.

That part is true, but the singing part is what is missing for him right now. I wish him well in the future. I’m sure he’s a great kid. 

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, that’s why I don’t think the duo will be a threat. Their blind package will probably mention it or even focus on it. Another factor is that people don’t put into question the “LGB” as often as the “T”.

They are pretty good though, and them being a unique act among Ari’s team might increase the chances of getting her save. But we’ll see.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

A contestant on Team Legend apparently. Won his battle and KO. Sang "good 4 u" by Olivia Rodrigo in battles and "Falling" by Harry Styles in KOs.

LMAO at these songs, definitely not Minivan material. 

1 minute ago, katybay said:

Now is this "Barrett" dude a middle aged dad singing a corny country song on stage?

Poor dude was given the Connor Christian treatment, dead last in both tapings.

• Like 1