AI 19 ● Showstopper/Final Judgment Pt 2 ● Discussion

istersay

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Or something came up and he chose not to continue on Idol?

No one knows the circumstances.

Yeah, that's possible. I think it's likely that another opportunity arose that he chose over Idol, which I may or may not blame him for depending on what it is.

it was a nice show tonight, the tptb are treating the benson exit, reminds me of the way the voice handled kicking out a popular singer last year for breaking covid restrictions. Could that be why?

In a video last week, Benson posted on TikTok him with the lead singer from Imagine Dragons. They are singing a duet of Imagine Dragons new single. Maybe this possible collaboration is why he withdrew.

Edited by ptebwwong

6 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

In a video last week, Benson posted on TikTok him with the lead singer from Imagine Dragons. They are singing a duet of Imagine Dragons new single. Maybe this possible collaboration is why he withdrew.

Yeah, I hope everything works out for him in the future with his career.

Here’s my comments on the rest of the results:

First, I’d like to add that I wasn’t surprised that both Alanis and Casey made it into the Top 24.  Alanis’s performance was the best of Night 1 and Casey was good enough to move on based on her previous performances.

1.  Willie — no surprise that he also made the Top 24, especially after his Showstopper song.

2.  Emisunshine — you should have chosen a different song.  “Piece Of My Heart” has tripped up a lot of singers in the past.

3.  Lizzy — guess that she overthought her performance in the middle instead of just letting go.

4.  Camille — there are a lot of talented female singers and I don’t think that she matched up well against them.

5.  Mary Jo — well, at least she remembered the lyrics this time.  Now she just needs to improve her performance skills.

6.  Hunter — I didn’t know that he had such self-doubt!  Maybe that’s why his song worked well for him.

7.  Althea — she apparently just picked the wrong song and that was it.

8.  Funke & Ronda — apparently, they both took a step back at the wrong time.

9.  Grace — not her best performance but she’s still good enough to get to the Top 24.

10.  DeShawn — he sure made Judy Garland proud with his rendition of “Over the Rainbow”.

11.  Colin — he took a risk and while it paid off, I still think that he’s cannon fodder.

12.  Laila — she should have chosen a different song.  Song choice is always key.

13.  Ava — she also took a risk and while it wasn’t as good as it could have been, she still made it through.

14.  Nia — I really wonder why she didn’t make it through.  Was it just a matter of timing?  I don’t know.

15.  Liahona — well, that’s how you come back from a bad performance!  I loved it!

16.  Madison — she knew that she couldn’t play it safe and she was rewarded with a spot in the Top 24.

17.  Alana — I love this song and while she may still be cannon fodder, I’m glad that Alana had such a fierce performance.

18.  Anilee — she may have only gotten to the Top 24 because Benson withdrew, but she did a fine job with her song.

19.  Drake — it’s always a risk to perform a song done by an American Idol judge, and I guess the risk didn’t work out.

20.  Cecil — he was just a little bit better than Drake, and that was it.

- Alanis AND Casey are both through to the Top 24. All of that buildup, just for this. 🥱 (Personally, I would've only put Alanis through)

- lol at Camille wondering why she got cut; her Showstopper performance wasn't it - it wasn't up to the par of the other performances in this round

- Some surprise cuts: Ronda, Nia, Drake. :shock: Damn... :no: 

- Grace performing "Father" by Demi 🥺 🥺 🥺

- I'm actually surprised that Liahona is in the Top 24. 😮 While that performance alone would've been good to get her through, IMO she should have been cut after her stumble in the Duet Round

- Nice to see Anilee; I haven't seen her since auditions... *checks rest of this thread* Now I know why

- Also... TORI KELLY IS DOING A CELEB DUET IN THE TOP 24?!?!? :spaz: