The Voice 20 ● Battles Premiere ● Discussion

Awari was more consistent, but Jose took more risks and they pretty much all worked. For that alone, I think I'd lean Jose. This was actually a pretty solid matchup!

• Like 2
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't anticipate enjoying this battle too much, but I'll say this - every country male this season is 1000x better than Tanner Gomes was.

yes and also no more sleep gummies for me in the daytime

"Nobody does harmony and duo like Dan+ Shay". Ummm Simon and Garfunkel erased from existence lol.

The guys got the emotional connection down-pat, and though Awari was more on-pitch I liked Jose's stylistic choices a tad more. Despite the nerves, this wasn't bad (over in the spoiler thread, we thought this was going to be montaged but I'm happy to see IDF was wrong about that).

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1

Awari started out solid, José shaky. Good harmonies. I would have chose Awari but José I think has more power and a beautiful voice (but that doesn't matter now

Just now, VintageVoice said:

73% would steal Awari - honestly, he deserved one (if it was available, I forget who still had one when his battle taped but I remember that at least one coach had theirs).

Kelly and Blake had their steals, IIRC.

• Like 1

(if it was available, I forget who still had one when his battle taped but I remember that at least one coach had theirs).

Blake was the last steal, so it was probably him

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

also, Carter wasn't shook 

Reagan is, though.

I don't get why this was said to have been bad.  I LOVED this Battle!

• Like 1
Just now, Angeles said:

Kelly and Blake had their steals, IIRC.

Just now, David68 said:

Blake was the last steal, so it was probably him

Just checked and @Angeles is right - Kelly and Blake still both had theirs. I can see why Blake sat this out, since he promised to keep the R&B lane open for Cam, but I'm surprised Kelsea didn't try to steal Awari.

Just now, Rodney said:

If I had to guess, the sources may not have been fans of the style choices and runs Jose did + the artists' nerves were a little evident at the start of the performance.

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Reagan is, though.

I really enjoyed it too. It could have been because Jose was indeed pitchy in parts and he threw too many runs. Most of the criticism for the battle was for him.

If I had to guess, the sources may not have been fans of the style choices and runs Jose did + the artists' nerves were a little evident at the start of the performance.

I just checked my notes from that battle:

Jose probably has more range, but he was runtastic. Awari was more solid. John gives slight edge to Awari. Blake gives slighj edge to Jose, because he thinks from a coaching perspective it would be easier to dial back Jose’s runs Nick choose Jose

So yeah, it was good, but Jose isn't my style 

• Thanks 1