The Voice 20 ● Battles Premiere ● Discussion

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't anticipate enjoying this battle too much, but I'll say this - every country male this season is 1000x better than Tanner Gomes was.

yes and also no more sleep gummies for me in the daytime

"Nobody does harmony and duo like Dan+ Shay". Ummm Simon and Garfunkel erased from existence lol.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

They are doing good things individually, especially Pia, but this is a mess.

Definitely agree. It started strong, got a bit messy and kind of sounded like 2 different versions. Pia was definitely stronger, Christine kind of struggled and had some moments of awkwardness.

• Like 2

Yeah, Pia was a deserving winner.

I think both of them stepped up from their blinds but it's clear that Christine hasn't had as much experience. With more time, she could definitely become even stronger.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Definitely agree. It started strong, got a bit messy and kind of sounded like 2 different versions. Pia was definitely stronger, Christine kind of struggled and had some moments of awkwardness.

I felt like Christine wanted to improvise and she blew it

Just now, Someone648 said:

I think both of them stepped up from their blinds but it's clear that Christine hasn't had as much experience. With more time, she could definitely become even stronger.

Yeah I don't know how Nick sees almost 3 decades of experience there

John pretty much took responsibility for the Battle being weak.  Surprised they showed him doing that.  But Pia owned Christine, no question.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah, Pia was a deserving winner.

John said it all.  Christine sang like it was a stripped-down version, while Pia adjusted to the full-band version.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Rodney said:

John pretty much took responsibility for the Battle being weak.  Surprised they showed him doing that.  But Pia owned Christine, no question.

The coaches are only human, after all - goofs in pairups are bound to happen occasionally.

Just now, Rodney said:

John said it all.  Christine sang like it was a stripped-down version, while Pia adjusted to the full-band version.

That´s exactly why the battle didn´t work. It was two singers doing their own thing on the same song.

• Like 1
Just now, Misirlou said:

But he´s not country.

It's like The Voice holy trinity: a pastor - a country singer - a kid. 

• Haha 3