Did you know who Blake Shelton was prior to The Voice?

Misirlou

Did you know who Blake Shelton was prior to The Voice?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Yes
    • No

Sure did, went to a number of his concerts pre-Voice too. Thinking back, I guess I followed country music a bit more then than I do now because I knew his music, Blake and Miranda were a big thing, he was a judge on Nashville Star the season Kacey Musgraves was on there. I also knew of him from another show he did on NBC called Clash of the Choirs. Anyone remember that one?? lol

• Like 2

Never heard of him. Even in the country realm, I only followed Martina, Faith, Carrie(Starting after her Idol win) Reba, George Strait, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts. 

I couldn't even see him through Kelly or Miranda since I didn't follow their careers that closely. I just saw them as casual rising singers I would listen to on radio. It wasn't until I actually heard of The Voice and Hey Monday's lead singer competing on the 3rd Season(I thought it was a cool band and I watched the underrated ones closely) So Cassadee was really the reason how I got to know Blake(My lowkey emo phase founded The Voice lmao) 

Heck, I saw Idol and AGT superior to this new show, if it wasn't for Cassadee/Hey Monday's appearance, I probably would have never gotten into it the way I did. 

If you were a country music person, you knew who Blake was, but he hadn't crossed over into more popular culture. He was the reigning CMA male vocalist of the year before he was hired as a coach on the voice, and he hosted ACM's that spring (after he had been hired to coach, but before it began airing) with Reba. 

• Like 1

Not at all, I don't live in the US and country music is almost non existent here, so that's why.

I started watching on S9 and he was the only unfamiliar coach for me. I was very surprised when I found out that he had won the most out of all coaches. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archanium said:

Not at all, I don't live in the US and country music is almost non existent here, so that's why.

I started watching on S9 and he was the only unfamiliar coach for me. I was very surprised when I found out that he had won the most out of all coaches. 

Yeah, I dont live in the US either and country is definitely non exisistent where I'm from. I got into country music thanks to relatives I have in the US.