Contestants you didn´t like, but you could respect their vocal prowess.

Misirlou

I’m just glad some people have open minds about contestants they may not have supported on the show. What you see on the show is just a snapshot of who they are as artists and people. We don’t see the whole picture. For instance, I like Emily Ann Roberts and Alisan Porter much more now than I did when they were on the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

For instance, I like Emily Ann Roberts and Alisan Porter much more now than I did when they were on the show. 

Some of Emily Ann’s post show music is straight 🔥 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Lol, why is IDF obsessed with receiving confused emojis. It literally means nothing. :haha:

I don't really care but it bothers me when people use it because someone has a different opinion than them (which happens all the time). 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I would've add Casey Weston, Melaine Martinez, Ryan Sill, Sugar Jones, Nick Hagelin, Jesse Pits, Aliyah Moulden, Spensha Baker, Hello Sunday, and Kat Hammock as well but I can't stand them and the thread asked for those contestants that I don't like but at least respect so I didn't add them.

LOL at this addition

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I would've add Casey Weston, Melaine Martinez, Ryan Sill, Sugar Jones, Nick Hagelin, Jesse Pits, Aliyah Moulden, Spensha Baker, Hello Sunday, and Kat Hammock as well but I can't stand them and the thread asked for those contestants that I don't like but at least respect so I didn't add them.

Idk why you feel the need to add this. Now, with that said, i completely agree with you 😬✌️

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m curious about Ricky Duran being mentioned here. I wasn’t on IDF at the time. What were they like that made them so bad? :lmao:

I followed IDF at the time and there wasn’t that many of them. The base was split between Ricky and rose pretty evenly 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, Bk1234 said:

I’m curious about Ricky Duran being mentioned here. I wasn’t on IDF at the time. 

He had his fans, myself included, but overall he was a middle pack player to IDF.

But I like  the fact that his fan thread is actually active and uploaded with new videos from him or stuff that he has done since the show.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

The thread asked for those contestants that I don't like but at least respect so I didn't add them.

I would've added Todd Tilghman but I don't respect his "vocal prowess" so I didn't add him. :giggle:

• Haha 4

On 3/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, Bk1234 said:

Lol, why is IDF obsessed with receiving confused emojis. It literally means nothing. :haha:

I'm trying to break the record, I had 5 confused faces on a post once. :lmao: I find it amusing.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, taylorkat said:

I'm trying to break the record, I had 5 confused faces on a post once. :lmao: I find it amusing.

Lol same. I had 21 on a post(🤭) and I'm still trying to break that record.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Jordan is about the only contestant that this applies to, as I usually like great singers, even if they aren’t my thing.

And it’s a little unfair because it really wasn’t even Jordan’s fault, but the show just made him seem

overrated to me, which then made me dislike him. But even though I thought he was overrated, he’s still a damn good singer. 

Edited by mercfan3

On 3/18/2021 at 12:16 PM, TeamAudra said:

I’m just glad some people have open minds about contestants they may not have supported on the show. What you see on the show is just a snapshot of who they are as artists and people. We don’t see the whole picture. For instance, I like Emily Ann Roberts and Alisan Porter much more now than I did when they were on the show. 

She skewed pop on the show, but Alisan was always best when she was performing country. (Blue Bayou, Let

Him Fly)

20 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Jordan is about the only contestant that this applies to, as I usually like great singers, even if they aren’t my thing.

And it’s a little unfair because it really wasn’t even Jordan’s fault, but the show just made him seem

overrated to me, which then made me dislike him. But even though I thought he was overrated, he’s still a damn good singer. 

Jordan had few performances that I think were overrated and people give them way more praise(Chandelier, for example). But can you please explain what did you mean when you said THE SHOW MADE HIM OVERRATED??? Because if I remember correctly then Barrett Baber got more pimp spots than him.

• Like 1

Just now, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Jordan had few performances that I think were overrated and people give them way more praise(Chandelier, for example). But can you please explain what did you mean when you said THE SHOW MADE HIM OVERRATED??? Because if I remember correctly then Barrett Baber got more pimp spots than him.

I mean, if you watched S9 it was pretty obvious that everyone (the coaches, Carson...) acted like he was the best singer ever, and I say this as a fan. You don’t have to get good placement spots to be “pimped” imo.

Personally the thing that bothered me about the situation is that you had another fantastic vocalist that season (Jeffery) who didn’t get nearly as much hype or recognition as him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I just looked. Both Jordan and Barrett closed an episode three times, if we include taped rounds. There’s no way Barrett should have closed that many episodes. Two of them were the autotuned rounds, and they were just trying to keep minivan engaged, I guess.