The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Eric & Jeremy

ericandjeremyreplacement.jpg

There’s two stages to the frat bros journey on the show. There’s the frat bros being horny douchebags with Danielle & Dani. Then there’s the frat bros after losing Danielle & Dani and becoming blandly competent with a slight villainous streak. Needless to say, I did not like either iteration of the frat bros at all. And while Eric can get it (though the nipple rings make me lose that attraction very quickly), Jeremy is not nearly hot enough to act the way he did.
Look as much as I dislike Eric & Jeremy, they are strong racers, you really can’t argue with their stats. They were in the top two for every leg besides Oman and still have one of the highest average for any team in the history of the race in the United States, if not the highest. They also accomplished this feat whilst being young waiters who don’t travel and aren’t particularly smart. They were just ridiculously talented at every single task and somehow good at navigating (though I think also being part of one of the weakest casts ever certainly helps). Unfortunately for them, I’m not ranking based on how talented you are at competing on The Amazing Race. This is all based on likability for me and I found these two to be extremely unlikable.
Eric & Jeremy set their sights on Danielle & Dani early because they were just really thirsty and wanted to get laid. Fair enough, I suppose. I think the way they talked about the girls was kind of disgusting. But I mean I suppose they’re straight frat men talking about hot young girls. Whatever. At the pitstop between the second and third legs, they finally get their wish and slept with the girls. They then proceed to openly brag about it throughout the third leg while the girls are clearly trying to downplay it. I just found the whole thing to be very tacky. Like I get enough of this on Big Brother, I don’t need it during my Amazing Race viewing experience as well. Obviously Eric & Danielle hooking up is terrible for the long-term implications for the show as they eventually fake a relationship to rob Dustin & Kandice and Charla & Mirna in All-Stars. At the finish line this season, Eric says he wouldn’t do this race with anyone else and I wanted to die knowing what the future is to bring.
Anyways back on topic. Luckily Danielle & Dani are eliminated a few episodes into the season so we don’t have to deal with a whole season of their awkward flirting. Unfortunately, Eric & Jeremy don’t really have much personality outside of flirting with women. They have a bit of a friendship/rivalry with BJ & Tyler. While I enjoyed them coming for BJ & Tyler, it was a bit more tongue in cheek (while we had MoJo literally hating the hippies with their entire being). Eric & Jeremy did become the “villains” towards the end of the season though. For the most part it amounted to nothing, but them cancelling BJ & Tyler and Ray & Yolanda’s taxis was actually pretty hilarious. I didn’t like it at first, but I was being biased because I don’t like them lol. If someone I stanned did that, I would be gay screaming for all the world to hear. And Eric & Jeremy’s cab ended up not showing up after they did that so karma immediately biting them in the ass was pretty funny.
Apparently Eric & Jeremy were in the running to return for S31 which would’ve been pretty crazy to see. I wish 31 was just BB vs. Survivor and then they saved their returning TAR racers for a full All-Stars season. However, the odds of having another regular season let alone another All-Stars season feel incredibly low (though I've been dooming TAR for years now and somehow it keeps coming back). I’m sure Eric & Jeremy have matured at this point so I wouldn’t be against seeing them again as I always appreciate old-school representation on my reality shows. I am still certainly not a fan of the frat douches this season though and they're the easiest cut for me to make here.

Save Millie the Mole & Chuck the Werewolf

TOM & TERRY

MxzTd.gif

Tom & Terry were a team of boyfriends who competed on the tenth season of The Amazing Race. They were part of the Back Pack alliance with Erwin & Godwin, David & Mary, and Lyn & Karlyn (but the alliance would be renamed the Six Pack Alliance after their elimination). Tom & Terry had a strong dislike for Dustin & Kandice after they accused them of cutting them in line to book tickets. What really happened was Tom & Terry walked right past an open counter, so it's not Dustin & Kandice's fault that Tom & Terry didn't notice it was open. The way Tom & Terry vilified Dustin & Kandice was uncalled for. Anyway, Tom & Terry weren't very good racers. They placed eighth in the first leg, but they did place in the Top 4 in the second leg. However, Tom & Terry were penalized in Leg 3 due to taking a motorcycle in Vac, and were nearly eliminated. Duke & Lauren showed up soon after their penalty was over, but Tom & Terry wouldn't be so lucky in Leg 4. They had a lot of difficulty rowing the sampan, and Tom even had to jump out the boat and pull it behind him as he swam to their junk. They were miserable and exhausted with Tom saying it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. They fell far enough behind to be eliminated in eighth place. And now out they go from the rankdown.

Saving Ernie & Cindy.

2 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Really? Do you know of any other potential teams for 31?

Off the top of my head, I know Justin & Diana were pregnant, Kym & Alli got cut, Megan and a Linz brother got cut, Sheri & Cole (but Cole turned it down even though Sheri really wanted to do it), and I think Jim (RIP :() & Misti declined too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Off the top of my head, I know Justin & Diana were pregnant, Kym & Alli got cut, Megan and a Linz brother got cut, Sheri & Cole (but Cole turned it down even though Sheri really wanted to do it), and I think Jim (RIP :() & Misti declined too.

Interesting. Why would they cut Kym & Ali? Ugh robbed. That stings about Misti & Jim too, I was really hoping to see their smiles on TAR again someday. :( 

Tanner & Josh

TAR2705-slap.gif

Tanner Kloven and Joshua "Josh" Ahern are a team of Best Friends on The Amazing Race 27. I have no idea if they have been nominated before but with what's left for me to chose from I think this is the decision I feel most comfortable with making at this point. Tanner and Josh are just another pair of best friend attractive males that this show always casts. They don't deviate from their script a lot do they?  They started out as frontrunners, finishing in first and second for the first few legs. Due to a U-Turn and other drama they took apart in they were eliminated in 6th place. I found them not very fun to root for and that makes it a easy cut to make now.

Saving: Amanda & Kris

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Oh yeah, I think Kris & Jon were backups in case Colin & Christie turned it down too, but I can't find again where I read that so I'm not 100% sure that's true.

Lol thank phuck Colin & Christie accepted then, although I suppose Kris & Jon returning with a less volatile cast would've just highlighted how boring they are. (Yes, I know Colin & Christie, became "boring", leave me alone lmao).

The real question here is if they were considering classic teams and three-peaters, then where TF were Dustin & Kandice?!

Monica & Sheree

image562359x.jpg

There was a lot of teams that I liked in this set of nominations but this team wasn't one of them so that's why I chose to cut them. Monica & Sheree are a team of NFL wives that were on season 4 of the amazing race. They were in an alliance with Reichen & Chip so that's a questionable choice I guess lol. They screwed up on leg 6 and decided to walk to their task instead of taking the bus like all the other teams did and that really set them back they would then proceed to struggle at the task and weren't able to overcome that deficit. I only really cared about 1 team on season 4 and they weren't it so cutting them is whatever I guess so out they go from this rankdown now.

Saving Brent & Caite again  

13 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Interesting. Why would they cut Kym & Ali? Ugh robbed. That stings about Misti & Jim too, I was really hoping to see their smiles on TAR again someday. :( 

Jim passed between the filming of 31 and the airing so it probably would've been really sad airing it after the fact if they were on :(

• Sad 1

Jordan and Jeff

5c58b79ceb3ce806ba4e37b8?width=1000&form

If it was just Jordan, I would have saved her, but I have never been a huge fan of Jeff, he pretty much annoys me, and as he was on more and more reality shows, he came off faker and faker. And Jordan deserves some blame for staying with him at least, apparently she likes douchebags. Also, I am not super familiar with all that he has said as I can not remember completely, but I know he has made many homophobic comments or LGBTQ+ negative comments, so I will not excuse that. My guess is that they are still here because of Jordan, otherwise, his azz would have been gone a lot earlier. Anyways, they were not a strong team on TAR, they were usually towards the back of the pack. They made it a bit farther than they should have due to a non-elimination leg and also I think they benefited from a uturn, but anyways, congrats to Jordan for making it this far, adios to the douche :kissbye:

Save Jessica and John

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Kevin's Nominations Posted)
Just now, Alex95 said:

I find the waterslide scene to be uncomfortable/borderline abusive. The tomato scene’s a fun meltdown ❤️

If he actually threw her down the slide then I would agree. But she was unharmed so I enjoy watching it. But the tomato scene is good too. 

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

If he actually threw her down the slide then I would agree. But she was unharmed so I enjoy watching it. But the tomato scene is good too. 

I mean he grabbed her and try to push her down the slide until the attendant told him he couldn’t.

Just now, Alex95 said:

I mean he grabbed her and try to push her down the slide until the attendant told him he couldn’t.

It's certainly not the way I would have handled it he probably would have gotten better results if he was a lot nicer about it but w/e I guess.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I find the waterslide scene to be uncomfortable/borderline abusive. The tomato scene’s a fun meltdown ❤️

I don't think he was abusive, he didn't actually push her down the slide. And honestly, I would have been super pissed at her too if she made me lose a million dollars because she wouldn't go down a stupid water slide. It's not even steep and wasn't even that high! That's what TAR is about, conquering your fears, not letting them cripple you but whatever. It was partially his fault for choosing her to be his partner. I would have had no patience for that, she had forever to compose herself and do it :closedeyes: Watching that scene makes me so annoyed :rofl:

• Like 1

I totally sympathize with his frustrations. I sympathize with them both. I don't quite understand what was going through Mika's mind, but I know some fears are so debilitating you can't function. She was borderline having a panic attack. However, the moment he did physically grab her, he lost me.