The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

I would’ve been more devastated to lose Max & Katie a year or two ago when they were one of my all time faves. I didn’t love them as much on my recent rewatch though (their edit kinda dies off the second half of the season and all their bragging about being Proud Republicans is nagl). I still wish they made it further (and I was hoping they would beat the remaining two teams, but I’m just relieved my bigger faves made it through this round).

18 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

If we're upset about Reichen & Chip, Scott's one of the hottest gay dudes to ever be on the Race just ftr.

disgusted pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

He's not bad looking but his partnership with Brooke was ott annoying. My husband and I are still so annoyed they were rewarded for being horrendous, although I do have to say it was more due to Brooke than Scott.

12 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

The editor who put this together deserves a raise :wub: :wub: :wub:

This video reminds me of why I found them annoying :dead:  They were so hypocritical, and I actually felt bad for Nicole because Travis was the worst always making her feel like absolute crap when she sucked at a task, no wonder she was an insecure wreck. Although she sucked at every task so I understood his frustration :giggle:but he just came off way too mean and annoying to his wife and it gave me extremely uncomfortable vibes of a mentally (and verbally) abusive husband towards his wife.

LMAO I JUST SAW THE TITLE OF THE VIDEO :dead: 

Edited by JC

Brooke & Scott were rewarded for their flawless social game with all the other teams loving them, never losing a leg, working through adversity, and being the first team to cross the finish line in first place :wub:. And they did that without being toxic gays who push women :wub:

Max & Katie 

Loose-Lips-Sink-Ships-Newlyweds-Katie-le

I am so sorry Alex, I know you like them but Freddy and Kendra are my problematic favs that we all have. Even if people don't want to do admit. Max and Katie were on Season 22 of the amazing race. They were actually a great surprise that season I felt like. They started off in the lower end of the racers and improved and became a very strong team. To the lower end to runner ups was an iconic journey to watch. This cut is so hard to make actually but I didn't have a choice with what I had left.  It is a tough cut to make though.

saving: Freddy & Kendra

Vanessa-and-Ralph.jpg

Out of the nominated teams, this is one team that I am glad that is getting cut as I just did not enjoy them at all on The Amazing Race; As a reminder, they competed on the 20th season and they were dating on the time.  They're best remembered for a few reasons, notably for their personality - explosive, confrontational, and lots of arguing (e.g.: her being jealous of Rachel and feuding with them #TeamRachel, and the constant bickering between Vanessa & Ralph). They were able to make it all the way to 4th place which is impressive but what is even more impressive is that they were able to make it through to the 5th episode without bickering and arguing as this was when the bickering intensified.  And to no one surprises, they are no longer together just like they're not making it through any further in this rankdown.

8 hours ago, *Chris said:

C1y1BgK.gif

To start the writeup, reading Michael & Scott made me think of Michael Scott from the Office and I had a good laugh with that. And now, let’s talk about Michael Ward & Scott Strazzulo whom are from Boston which I am sure @*Wallace appreciate. Prior to the race, they were known for their heroic efforts during the Boston Marathon Bombing in 2013 :(.

On the race, they didn’t have much luck as they barely escaped the elimination during the first leg which perfectly described their time on the show as they were also falling behind. They mainly struggled when one of them twisted his angle as well they went to the wrong location which cost them the race during the 3rd leg.  

Overall, they’re just a fine team and not one that’s overly memorable so a good spot for them. 

SAVE: MEREDITH & MARIA

Updated!

@*Diana is next to nominate. She cannot nominate:

Uchenna & Joyce

TK & Rachel

Andrew & Dan

Brent & Caite

Caroline & Jennifer

Bergen & Kurt

Tanner & Josh

Chip & Kim

Natalie & Nadiya

Brooke & Scott

Flo & Zach

Cody & Jessica

Freddy & Kendra

MEREDITH & MARIA

S6_MeredithMaria.jpg

Meredith & Maria were a team of best friends from The Amazing Race 6. They aren't a particularly memorable team. They lasted two legs, coming in 8th place in Iceland before their elimination in Norway. They struggled driving stick shift, which put them in the back of the pack and unable to catch up. I don't know what else there is say about their time on the race. Their bio mentions they met on the last day of classes their freshman year at Boston University. Meredith found Maria's ID on the floor of a bar, and she returned it to her. They then happened to live next door to each other the following year before becoming great friends. They seemed nice, and it's too bad they were eliminated early in the race. However, this seems like a fair elimination to make at this point in the rankdown.

Saving Tyler & James.

David & Jeff

Season 4

gJERR7d.jpg

While Season 4 had the special hook of casting a married gay couple for the season's token male alphadouche team, they also decided to ~go the extra mile~ and cast a straight token male alphadouche team as well. David & Jeff probably have the distinction of being the least memorable final three team ever. They had no discernible personalities aside from 'competently perform tasks' they had a few big moments such as:

-Aligning with Reichen & Chip, which went south after Chip failed to get a fiacre pass for them after Millie smashed her face into it ( ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ).

-"You think you're privileged!"

-Jeff: "Here are generic directions to get to our next destination in Borneo." David: "K. F*ck off."

-*shares a taxi with Jon & Al in South Korea* "What could possibly go wrong?"

After winning the Fast Forward by almost drowning a girl in a controlled lifeguard simulation, they made a dumb decision to fly to Sidney in the final leg without a confirmed flight to get to their next destination in Honolulu, putting them out of contention after Reichen/Chip and Kelly/Jon decided that they knew how to race competently after 12 legs. In conclusion, Team Guido did it better.

Save Brodie & Kurt (almost wish I still had my Express Pass lmao, I'm sorry but their alpha/beta male dynamic with Brodie sucking at everything was AMAZING)

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Shola & Doyin

JEZOaBL.png

I do not remember these guys at all so unfortunately they get the boot. Shola and Doyin are twins who were on the second season of TAR, which is probably why I do not remember them since it is such an old season although I binged it recently. I am slowly regaining my memory and they are starting to look familiar. It is so weird that looking at this stats page, they finished in 8th place but only encountered one roadblock. They finished four legs of the race, which is not bad and they look like a competitive team, but I am having a hard time remembering them so not sure they finished as strong as they look. Anyways, sorry twinnies, hopefully another set of twinnies will join you soon! ❤️ 

Save Eric & Jeremy and Eric's nipple ring

Reichen & Chip

american-married-game-show-contestants-c

Two hot gay guys defying stereotypes in 2003 should be a dream come true but these guys turned out to be a nightmare. Though my most recent rewatch brought me out of intense loathing and up to strong dislike, I still don’t have very many positive things to say about these two.
Reichen & Chip got off to the worst start imaginable as characters. Self-righteous assh*les. Apparently somewhere in the rule book it says that everyone else must run an honest race. I guess I missed that section of the rules, but based on the hissy fit these two threw on a constant basis it must be true. The fact of the matter is, these two never wanted to run an honest race. They were planning on doing whatever it takes to get first place, which is fair enough. You do you boo. But it’s the obvious hypocrisy that ruins it. In the first leg, Steve & Josh bought plane tickets for Dave & Steve who were in the back of the line, thus screwing over Monica & Sheree. This has nothing to do with Reichen & Chip. However, Reichen & Chip use that as an excuse to assert that every single other team is immoral, they’re the only moral ones, and they will run an immoral race because they’ve been forced to. First of all, this moment between Steve & Josh and Monica & Sheree has nothing to do with Reichen & Chip and those two teams already squashed the drama between them. Second of all, that’s no excuse for them to cut to the front of the line no matter what they say. And it’s not just that they’re cutting to the front of the line, it’s how they bully their way to do so. Them saying that they can cut because they’re bigger than everyone is so disgusting. They had meltdowns on two separate occasions over people daring to “question their integrity” even though they were the most cunning and devious team in the race. Also physically abusive with young girls? For the amount of shit Joe & Bill got for Nancy getting shoved in TAR 1 when they were trying to block her at the airport, Chip tossing Millie at the fiacre was a hundred times worse.
And I think the biggest problem is that my interpretation of the edit is that they wanted us to believe that Reichen & Chip truly are “the good guys” despite all other evidence pointing to the contrary. There’s one scene where Tian & Jaree are at the front of the line at the airport. Reichen & Chip attempt to cut to the front of the line and ask Tian & Jaree to buy them tickets (you know, exactly what they complained about Steve & Josh doing for Steve & Dave). Kelly & Jon are right there and Jon shuts this shit down in a second. Tian feels uncomfortable doing it and doesn’t. Reichen & Chip are forced to the back of the line and then claims that “They decided to honor the line”. You will not gaslight me! I saw exactly what happened! You are not the good guys here!
After the 5th leg though, these two kind of become irrelevant. They just competently perform tasks with varying degrees of success and I don’t really care anymore. I have a small soft spot for them because I do like their storyline of trying to defy stereotypes about gay guys. However, even there, it came off very #Masc4MascNoFem. I’m all for diversity in LGBTQ+ representation on television, but Reichen & Chip are acting like they’re the first gay guys to ever do this and are “manly”. I guess none of them are as muscled up as Reichen & Chip, but Joe & Bill and Ken all lasted till the end of the race. Richard Hatch won Survivor before these guys won. Gay guys succeeding on reality television has not been invented by Reichen & Chip. But I guess they just wanted to be a good representation of a different kind of gay guys and I somewhat respect that. The two of them have a lowkey trainwreck divorce and then Reichen dates Lance Bass so I don’t think their storyline ended as intended lol. Unfortunately, TAR’s reign of decent enough winners ends with these two and then we get plenty of terrible winners to follow. I was gonna leave them along after the outrage over my initial nomination of them, but things have changed and no matter what, I think a certain poster is still gonna decimate my faves due to a certain cut I didn't want to see happen anyways. So Reichen & Chip are my least favorite team left in this whole game anyways, might as well cut them.

Save Bisexual Icon Carissa Gaghan (and the rest of her family lol)