The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Diana’s Nominations Posted)

Godlewski Family

Family Edition

It's bad enough when this show casts teams of two blonde girls that both look identical to each other. This is a team of four blonde SISTERS. Plus another unnecessary all-adult team in what was sold to us as an "Amazing Race ft. kids" edition. I really don't know what else to say about them, honestly. I did watch a bit of Family Edition in the recent binge watch, but I couldn't tell you anything these ladies did. I tried looking for a pic but, as usual, Google either gives me humongous pics that take up an entire page, or links that won't copy/paste easily onto a webpage that isn't from 2005. So, I stopped looking.

Save Brian & Greg

250?cb=20130509153117

Ideally, none of these teams would be getting cut as I like all of them in their own rights - I unfortunately wanted to save all of them but not as much as the Weaver Family as we already lost one iconic team from the Family edition.  So John Vito & Jill competed on the Amazing Race twice - the third season and the All-Stars; They became fan favourites - I remember liking them more on Season 3 than All-Stars.  On the third season, they were dating and seen as a big threat to win it all - they were unfortunately never able to really be near the top; They would often finish near the bottom beside a few time and winning one leg which would be shortlived as they were eliminated afterwards.  During their return, they were broken up and didn't really have the same drive as their original season I found - they were eliminated first.

SAVING: WEAVER FAMILY

Don & Mary Jean

donmaryjean2_1721.jpg

Definitely one of my favorite early boot teams ever. Rewatching S6 was such a joy for the first five episodes because I got to reacquaint myself with Don & Mary Jean. I completely forgot about these two after watching S6 for the first time, and I’m disappointed in myself for not stanning them harder. I thought I recalled them as the pleasant, older couple but they’re so much better than that. I'm actually really sad to lose them before the top 100 because I felt like they could've snuck by very far under-the-radar. But they're up against legends so it is what it is.
The first few legs are Don & Mary Jean as unexpected lowkey messes. They knew that they’re weaker than the other teams so they had to race smarter. However, they were consistently getting lost in Iceland on the first leg and hanging out in the back of the pack. There’s also a hilarious scene of them not being able to work the seats in their car and Don being forced to drive right up leaning into the steering wheel :dead:
Despite Mary Jean threatening to jump off a bridge if they get lost again, their true breakout isn’t until the second leg. Mary Jean starts the leg by setting up the ground rules of this partnership. “Don thinks he’s in charge of everything...but I let him know right away that’s not the way it really is 🙂”. Queen tries taking charge, but Don does the Olympian roadblock even though she wanted to. Mary Jean fumes about how pissed she is because they had an agreement that she would do all height-based tasks and reads Don to #filth when he completes the Roadblock and returns to her ❤️. Don assures her he only did the task because it required a lot of climbing and Mary Jean simply responds with “I can climb Don :rolleyes:❤️. At the detour, Mary Jean gets pissed at Don again because he put her in a position where she has to do the bow and arrow task. “I SPENT AN ENTIRE SEMESTER OF COLLEGE I NEVER HIT THE BALE! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT STORY?!” This leads to one of my favorite confessionals ever:    
Don: Where we made our great mistake was not remembering that Mary Jean had difficult with the bow and arrow…
Mary Jean: Where who made the great mistake? :kissbye:"
Don: ...I did
Mary Jean: Thank you 🙂
:dead:. The two eventually finish and race off to the pitstop...only to realize they accidentally stole Adam & Rebecca’s car :dead:. Mary Jean’s plan is to just say f*ck them and steal the car :dead:. But Don insists they turn around and return the car. It’s a good thing they did since they got a penalty the next leg for stealing the car and it could’ve been worse if they committed to it :haha:
Moving forward, the two kind of turn into that inspirational older couple we expected. It’s a lot less unique and interesting for me, but on a season with so much negativity I did enjoy it. They struggle for the rest of the season and are constantly at the bottom. They survive leg three (despite spending hours in Ikea) because of Lena and the hay bale controversy. They survive the fourth leg due to a NEL and then get eliminated in the fifth. While they wanted to run a smart race, they unfortunately made frequent mistakes. They still had a nice end to their journey though. Don was always proud of Mary Jean and it was sweet to watch. The scene of him crying tears of joy while she’s doing the physical roadblock was cute to watch. The two clearly love each other a lot and have such a healthy relationship. And they were one of the few teams this season to appreciate Africa and not be racist there so yay for that! So enjoy this random Don & Mary Jean highlight video:

Save Joe & Bill

@Alex95 is ending the cycle with his nominations. You cannot nominate:

Brent & Caite

Rob & Amber

Brendon & Rachel

Natalie & Nadiya

Caroline & Jennifer

Reichen & Chip

Adam & Bethany

Laura & Tyler

Ernie & Cindy

Teri & Ian

Oswald & Danny

Meredith & Gretchen

Brian & Greg

Weaver Family

Joe & Bill

Also, this is the last round that @JC and @*Diana can use their express passes in.

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Alex Nominates Next)
4 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Also, I'll take this time as a reminder to you all that you need to ask for an extension if you think you're gonna miss the 24 hour deadline. 

(Mainly for @JC , since he's the only one with strikes right now)

Oops sorry I have been super busy so I was going to do this right now, but looks like Alex already made the same decision I would have, thanks Alex!

I do think it might be good to be a bit more lenient on the strikes though considering this has gone through a few hiatuses and sometimes we just get busy, it's fine if you decide to keep the strikes, but I do feel that considering this has been paused a few times for long periods of time, we could be a tad less strict about the strikes.

Edited by JC

NARY & JAMIE

G47gm.gif

Nary & Jamie were friends who competed on the twentieth season of The Amazing Race. They were federal agents, but they hid their profession to not be seen as threats to the other teams. They told everyone else they were schoolteachers, but Art & JJ (border patrol agents) caught them in a slip up in the seventh leg. Art & JJ told the other teams Nary & Jamie were lying about their profession and were determined to get Nary & Jamie to admit their real jobs. However, Nary & Jamie continued to claim they were schoolteachers, and the other teams didn't even care. As for the race, they were a middle-of-the-road team. Their highest placement was fourth in the first leg of the race. They would end up getting last place in the seventh leg after struggling to set up their campsite. They were spared by a non-elimination leg, but they were unable to catch up in the next leg due to the lack of an equalizer and a speed bump task. They ended up finishing the race in sixth place, and now out they go from the rankdown.

Saving Tyler & James.

Rob & Brennan

160px-RobBrennan_6139.jpg

Rob and Brennan are best friends and lawyers and were the winners of the first season of the Amazing Race and honestly they kinda dominated it. They won 5 legs of the race while winning the last leg of course. They are a good team although maybe a bit boring for my taste and I figured there are better season 1 people that could end up winning in this rankdown so why not take them out here. Maybe they are deserving a little bit higher of a spot but being around 100th place isn't bad given how many teams there actually are. This is kind of the prototypical team that does well on the Race and we have a lot of them in the rankdown so losing one of them even if they are the first ever winners isn't that big of a loss in my opinion so out they go from this rankdown now. 

Saving Keith & Whitney

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Alex’s Nominations Posted)

Michael & Kevin

Resized-20210803-214046.jpg

Michael Wu and Kevin Wu are a Father and Son team on The Amazing Race 17. Kevin was 19 year old and Michael was 58 years old at the race. They were a never huge favorite of me or a big loss here. They were not a strong team that offered bickered like most parent/child teams tend to do in this show. In Russia, however, Kevin's tendency to ignore Michael's advice cost them which was like every single leg but it really did cost them as as they incurred two 30-minute penalties for misreading clues,  making them get to check in last and caused their elimination in 7th place. Penalties will get you on this show.

Saving Nick & Starr