The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Ok, I will post the new cycle when I get out of work.

Also, I need to figure out who still has unused express passes, as they will need to be played this upcoming cycle if they haven’t been used yet.

CYCLE 5: BACK TO BASICS

the-amazing-race-start.gif

This is your typical cycle with no twists in regards to nomination requirements. You nominate 12 teams when it is your turn and the other rankers will then cut and save one team each.

CYCLE RULES

1. When it is your turn to nominate, you will nominate 12 teams of your choosing.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the other 6 rankers will cut and save one team each.

3. You must post a 100-word write up within 30 minutes of your initial cut post for your cut to be valid.

4. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING YOUR INITIAL CUT POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Please quote it if you need to make changes.

5. Express passes are still in play. If an express pass is used, the team that it is used on will be safe for the remainder of the cycle. However, there will be no replacement nominee and the last team remaining when it is used will automatically be eliminated.

6. You cannot nominate any team that were saved in the round immediately before yours or have been given the fast forward or express pass.

7. You have 24 hours to make your cut. Please ask for an extension if you're going to miss the deadline. If 24 hours pass with no extension request, any ranker can step in to make the cut and you will receive a strike.

NOMINATION ORDER

9Wwryxe.png

1. @QueenKalie

2. @JC

3. @*Chris

4. @Steven_

5. @Weedy_Speedy

6. @*Diana

7. @Alex95

QK is up first! You cannot nominate:

Brent & Caite

Rob & Amber

Brendon & Rachel

Natalie & Nadiya

Caroline & Jennifer

Reichen & Chip

Adam & Bethany

John Vito & Jill

Cody & Jessica

Lorena & Jason

Lenny & Karyn

Keith & Whitney

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Cycle 5 Info Posted)
  • *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (QK's Nominations Posted)

Joey & Meghan

130429amazing-race1.jpg

Gotta get back in the zone of writing about TAR and dig up all my rewatch notes :dead:My first reaction when I saw Joey & Meghan in the 22 cast? “Ugh...youtubers!” The personality you must have to appeal to the YouTube audience is simply not my cup of tea. It relies on being loud...and that’s mainly it. So that’s exactly who Joey was on the show, very loud. I don’t think Joey & Meghan are bad people who deserve to be ranked at the bottom of the list with the bigots and the abusers and the dregs of society. However, this is still a ranking of players on a tv show and to me, they were awful tv.
Joey & Meghan were the underdogs of the season and I suppose I should give them props on making it all the way to fifth place. They certainly defied my expectations, making it much further than I thought they would. Of course, a lot of that was based on their good luck or other teams messing up worse, but a lot of this show is luck.
Joey & Meghan did find themselves on the outs though, and there’s a few factors you can look at to determine how that happened. There’s the Jessica & John of it all. Joey & Meghan hitched their wagon to Jessica & John and obviously that was the wrong decision to make as Jessica & John didn’t even make it past the fourth leg. However, I think the bigger issue was just the cast they were on. There are a lot of casts Joey & Meghan could have thrived on (S28 obviously), and this one was just not it. A flamboyantly gay (but closeted YouTuber) and his socially awkward friend were trapped on a season of Republicans galore. Though I don’t think politics was necessarily the reason why the alliances were set the way they were that season, I think it’s something interesting to look at. No matter what the reason was, Joey & Meghan only had Mona & Beth on their side for most of the season.
I do think it’s kinda ridiculous how Joey & Meghan were targeted as much as they were. They clearly weren’t that big of a threat, so to U-Turn them, not only once, but twice definitely feels more personal than strategic. But on the other hand...I do get it. I would not want to be racing around the world with Joey either. I think Joey was always looking to create a viral moment or something. While I’ve been hard on Joey, I do want to say I don’t mind Meghan. I actually kinda enjoyed her. She felt a lot more genuine and real than Joey. Meghan struggling in Switzerland wasn’t something manufactured for television time, she was just genuinely struggling. I wish we got to see more of that side of Joey & Meghan than the characters Joey crafted for television.
Unfortunately, they got a call back to do All-Stars two seasons later. Let’s make one thing clear, based on what we saw of Joey & Meghan on the show, they were not All-Stars. They just got the call because of their large fanbase. And that’s fine I guess, but that doesn’t change the fact that they’re not All-Stars. And I think they proved that on S24. They finished in the bottom two for the first two legs and then got unceremoniously eliminated on the third after ending up on the last flight and making the amateur mistake of not having their taxi wait for them at the roadblock. These mistakes are not mistakes that an “All-Star” team should make.
I can’t say I vehemently disliked them, they didn’t give us much content throughout their three episodes. Joey was a lot calmer this time around, or just underedited. I think Meghan bitching about Caroline & Jennifer flirting their way into the second express pass was a bit slut-shamey and not a good look. They would’ve made the perfect first boots and they should’ve sacrificed themselves to save Natalie & Nadiya :kissbye:. Luckily, they would sacrifice themselves two legs later to save Brendon & Rachel, so I suppose I appreciate them for that.

Save Joe & Bill

Tyler & Korey

Cbs Travel GIF by tyler oakley - Find & Share on GIPHY

I am going to change my cut because I noticed these 2 after I made my first choice and loathe Tyler Oakley so I will cut take the chance to cut him. I actually thought I cut these two before by maybe not, I do cut a lot of male teams so oops. anyway these two got two chances on this show and both times were insufferable to me completely. The best part of their journey was when king and king Collin and Christine beat them. Truly one of my favorite moments in The Amazing Race history. I am so sorry I know that sounds mean but truly I couldn't stand this team so having them finish in 2nd was pure joy to me.

SAVING: Kevin and Drew did i shook you all?

Edited by *Diana
  • Like 1

CHUCK & WYNONA

BaDZQos.gif

Chuck & Wynona are a married couple from Alabama who competed on the 22nd season of The Amazing Race. They were underdogs as the fish out of water team that couldn't quite keep up with their more athletic competitors. A lot of the blame fell on Wynona's poor showing in the tasks, and Chuck didn't hide his disappointment in her. The two of them bickered at times, and it seemed like Wynona didn't really want to be on the race. However, various skill sets aided them in certain tasks, and luck played a role in their continued survival as well. Luck was especially the case when John & Jessica chose not to use their Express Pass and Dave & Connor had to withdraw from the race due to Dave's injury. Their elimination came when they did a task incorrectly, penalizing them 30 minutes. Chuck & Wynona almost got another lucky break when Joey & Meghan got lost on their way to the Pit Stop - they even chose to walk there too. But Chuck & Wynona broke some rules at a prior task. The penalty was enough for Joey & Meghan to check-in just in time to avoid elimination. Chuck & Wynona ended up finishing the race in 6th place. Anyway, sorry to any fans of Chuck & Wynona, but out they go from the rankdown.

Saving Rachel & Elissa.

TKBy1sv.gif

Edited by Steven_

Fran & Barry

UntitledMA16710414-0001.jpg

Actually they were the team out of the remaining 6 that I remembered the least although my memory is coming back and now I do remember liking them. How can you not love the oldest team to ever win a leg? LEGENDS! They had been married over 40 years when they got on the show and known each other for 45. SOULMATES! As I am writing this, I am regretting cutting them but they are also not one of my favorites as I did not even remember them at first glance, but they are surely and EPIC team and deserve respect, so I am giving them a good writeup considering it's me :giggle:They completed eight legs and made it all the way to 5th place. Considering their age and people underestimating them, I am so proud. Amazing 63 and 61 year old slaying all the 20 year olds! :wub:

Save Ron & Chris

• Like 1

Jelani & Jenny

Season 26

1343688_full.jpg

Ugh I hate cutting teams from the HD seasons, it takes forever to find a pic of them on Google images that isn't huge. They were one those stupid blind date gimmicks that had no chemistry with each other and were black holes of entertainment to watch. Like they weren't a trainwreck like Bergen & Kurt, insufferable assh*les like Laura & Tyler, and didn't randomly like each other like Jeff & Jackie. They were just there, being blandly competent while having the nerve to beat out Hayley & Blairgoddess, so they can go screw themselves lmao. Apparently Jenny already had a partner while doing the race and only participated because she was too boring to be cast otherwise the blind date gimmick was an easy way to get cast or whatever. Or not, my brain could've totally made that up, but I remember reading that once and don't care enough atm to research if it was true.

Save Dan & Jordan

uFQcv.gif

This couple appeared on the 9th season of The Amazing Race where they were branded as a nerd couple - the production really tried to push that narrative as much as they could, but I just never cared for them.  They were certainly fun at times but again, nothing special. And for their time on the race? Their non-dramatic relationship had its benefits especially in the first two legs where they were able to finish in the top half of the team during the two first legs. But they eventually found themselves in the back of the pack when they couldn't find their Roadblock during the leg in Sicily which led to them being unable to get back into the top half of the placements. They ended being eliminated in 7th place, and their cause of elimination was them being lost #shocker. And apparently they were almost cast on All-Stars? That's fine they missed because I don't think they would have gave us the kind of entertainment we crave when it comes to TAR teams. 

SAVING: LUCAS & BRITTANY

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (JC Nominates Next)

@JC is next to nominate. You cannot nominate:

Brent & Caite

Rob & Amber

Brendon & Rachel

Natalie & Nadiya

Caroline & Jennifer

Reichen & Chip

Adam & Bethany

Joe & Bill

Kevin & Drew

Rachel & Elissa

Ron & Christina