The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

They all look the same to me so you can't hold it against me! 

You best check with me or I will go after the teams that look like Kaylynn and Haley! :P @Alex95 has set a new level for pettiness after the Challenge rankdown and I am inspired :giggle:

wwmiW.gif

Having to decide between them or Bret & Chris is pretty easy considering their track record on the race.  Known as Married Yoga Teachers on the 15th season of The Amazing Race, Eric & Lisa's journey got cut short on Amazing Race as they were victims of one of the worst twist ever - the surprise elimination. They were eliminated at the Starting Line when they were unable to complete the challenge which was to find a license plate - this made them the first ever team eliminated at the starting line on top of being the only duo to be eliminated in the US.  As a team that traveled the shortest distance in Amazing Race history, this is a good spot for them as we never really had the opportunity to see them compete on the show.

SAVING: CHRIS & BRET

1. Matt & Ana (1)
2. Deidre & Hillary (2)
3. Gina & Sylvia (3)
4. Debra & Steve (4)
5. Ryan & Chuck (7)
6. Black Family (8)
7. Anita & Arthur (13)
8. Dana & Adrian (16)
9. Ron & Tony (17)
10. Ron & Bill (19)
11. Matt & Daniel (22)
12. Nathan & Cody (32)

Bye first boots!! 

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (DIANA’S NOMINATIONS ON PAGE 5)

Dana & Adrian

Season 16

As I have no real opinion on any of these first boot teams, I decided to cut Dana & Adrian, because they were on the godawful TAR16. Season 16 was a terrible season with awful contestants such as crooked cops, racist/homophobic cowboys and beauty pageant wannabes who can't read maps. Somehow, despite being awful, none of these teams have been nominated yet. Dana & Adrian "competed" in one leg where the small, lithe Dana thought it be best that her chunky husband attempt to cross a tightrope instead of her. He couldn't finish the challenge and forced Phil to take the time out of his day to eliminate them on the spot. You may watch what I just explained in the above YouTube video if you so choose.

Save Gina & Sylvia

Deidre & Hillary

deidrehillary.jpg?w=840

From watching the first episode of the second season, Deidre & Hillary seem like lovely people. They’re a mother and daughter team who are looking to reconnect because Hillary was raised by her father. Deidre was more conservative while Hillary was more daring, just like Nancy & Emily from the previous season. Hillary convinced her mom to go outside of her comfort zone and do the more difficult rappelling detour. Unfortunately for them, Deidre took so long that the "Gutsy Grannies" were even faster than them while doing the slow detour lol. This caused them to be eliminated first. It was sad because Deidre was blaming herself for not being able to keep up. Hillary was super sweet and supportive to her mother though the whole time and I liked their relationship. Post-show years later, TAR superfans discover the two of them on a talkshow where Hillary is hurt because Deidre refuses to accept her lesbian lifestyle. Yikes. That’s the last I’ve seen or heard of them. So they’re an under-edited first boot with some unfortunate post-show behavior. A fair cut.

Save Ryan & Chuck (if they were like two seconds faster we could've lost R*n & K*lly on the first episode :broken:)

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

As I assume no one cares about any of the nominees, I'd like so submit a Debra & Steve save request. I had a soft spot for them.

Seconded. They were the only TAR4 team that weren't assholes.

Also, since I nominate next, I've started working on my "short list" and have like, 25 names. I have no idea how I'm gonna narrow it down. :haha: 

NATHAN & CODY

rs_634x951-200922065705-634-Amazing-Race-Teams-3.jpg?fit=around%7C776:1164&output-quality=90&crop=776:1164;center,top

Nathan & Cody competed on the most recent season of The Amazing Race. A team of best friends, the two were fans of the show and looking forward to the experience. Unfortunately, the experience was short-lived. Despite getting on the first flight, Cody struggled with the drumming Roadblock. The rest of the teams passed them, and the pair were eliminated in Leg 1 in Trinidad and Tobago. They seemed like nice enough guys, and it's a shame they ended up being the first boots since they were looking forward to traveling the world. But since they were eliminated in the first episode, it's fair to eliminate them from the rankdown now.

Saving Debra & Steve.

Matt and Daniel

matthew_daniel.jpg

This is the only team where I am having a hard time recognizing or remembering them so out they go. Sorry guys. There were so many male/male teams to choose from :dead: SHOCKER but at least I remembered everyone else. They are firefighters so that is great, and we thank them for their service for sure, but if they are what southern white men usually are, I connect with them the least and am okay with them leaving early. Especially since they are firefighters and they should have lasted farther than first boot. Anyways, they were the first team ever eliminated in French Polynesia.

Save: Black family because they are adorb and I still die because I totes yelled at my husband for being racist when he referred to them as the Black family and the others by their last name only to realize that was their last name :dead:

I only remember those two as part of the iconic three-way quit in the premiere of that season because they were so over-confident they could beat Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer only to be really bad at canoeing. :dead: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I only remember those two as part of the iconic three-way quit in the premiere of that season because they were so over-confident they could beat Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer only to be really bad at canoeing. :dead: 

TAR22 is such a weird season to me. Everyone fawning over the alliance of obvious conservatives. :haha: I'll admit to stanning Max & Katie due to how self-aware they are about being terrible people, but idk about the rest lol.

Meanwhile I love TAR21, despite it being hated for giving us foreign twinnies and gay Chippendales. Whatevs.