The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

@Steven_ is next to nominate! You cannot nominate:

Brent & Caite

Rob & Amber

Brendon & Rachel

Natalie & Nadiya

Caroline & Jennifer

Reichen & Chip

Adam & Bethany

Tian & Jaree

Tyler & James

Jessica & John

Derek & Drew

Lena & Kristy

Michael & Kevin

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Steven Nominates Next)

Josh & Brent

josh-brent-1556290403.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;c

I am currently triggered by farmers on reality tv so I guess I will take an opportunity to cut some farmers even if it's not the ones that triggered me. :giggle: Anyways Josh and Brent somehow managed to win season 21 of The Amazing Race despite general ineptitude throughout the race, so hopefully history doesn't repeat itself on Big Brother this season. Generally speaking these were always one of the last teams to make it to the mat and did benefit from a non elimination leg so they were a pretty lucky team and sometimes being lucky is better than being good. They seem like nice enough people and didn't actively annoy me so that's more than I can say for other people so that's good at least but out they go from this rankdown anyways.

Saving Scott &  Blair

Misa & Maiya

realitytv_amazing_race_s20_e01_1.jpg

ICONIC elimination. Just thinking about how they get eliminated always makes me cackle. Misa & Maiya were sisters who were professional golfers. Like all the pretty girl teams they “want to prove they’re stronger than they look” etc. And then they get stuck for about an hour and forty five minutes attempting to find a clue in a hot air balloon oops. They end up racing for last place against the other four teams on the second flight, and fall to last place when Maiya’s car gets stuck in sand at the roadblock. However, they make a hell of a comeback at the empanada task right before the pitstop and are all set to be team number ten, beating Joey Fitness & Danny. But wait! They forgot their bags and have to go get them! Well, they successfully get their bags and should still be 10th place...but wait again! They get lost going to the pitstop about 100 yards away from Phil. They run right past Phil and don’t see him and the pitstop, confusing literally all of production who were expecting them to check in :dead:. This allows Joey Fitness & Danny to survive, thus eliminating the girls. One of the most hysterical eliminations ever. I feel so bad for them, but man! I can’t believe they got lost right in front of the pitstop to get eliminated :dead:. They're fun first boots, but they've beaten, like Frank & Margarita at this point who are legit icons so their time in this game is beyond up.

Save Lucas & Brittany

• Like 1

Bergen & Kurt 

Amazing Race's Kurt and Bergen: We Did Not Quit - TV Guide

Bergen Olson and Kurt Jordan Belcher are a Blind Dating team on The Amazing Race 26. I think we all know my opinion on that season so I guess this cut shouldn't surprising to anyone. I hated that twist so much I know that is unpopular to many of the other rankers but for me it was unbearable to watch. My favorite moment from them was when they were both SO pissed that the other couldn't drive a manual transmission and them just abandoning a whole ass car. How iconic lol. Bergen was often so disgusted by Kurt and his behavior that I guess it was funny to watch but I think they are a fair cut at this point.

Saving: Aaron & Arianne 

I am not attached to any of the teams nominated but as I want to get this in before tomorrow, I landed on cutting Justin & Jennifer who were on the 19th season of The Amazing Race. They were a team of brothers & sisters who clearly did not dominate their season as I barely remember them - Season 19 was really about a few team for me, and Justin & Jennifer were not one of those team.  But during their time on the race, you may recall them often butting heads mainly because of their ego / personality. In comparison to other team like them, they understood each other and knew how to work together - this benefited them for a while as they were finishing near the top for the majority of their time on the race.  However, their elimination could have been avoided as they made a rookie mistake (well mainly Jennifer) rather than Justin. But the mistake at the road block essentially cost them the race and they were eliminated after being a potential front runner of the race.

SAVING : LEO AND ALANA

Kelly & Christy

Season 13

ar_mc_1305_4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Enjoy this stupidly huge picture. You all know how it is with image search for TAR teams, the pics are always either stupidly huge or stupidly small, and hell if I'm going to go through the effort of resizing them myself. Anyway, I actually meant to post in this round yesterday, but Josh & Brent were the only team I was interested in saving and they were cut. I'm glad they at least managed to avoid being one of the very first cuts like I predicted. :broken: And yes I'm putting this information in the write-up to articifically increase the word count. I haven't watched season 13 in years and remember almost nothing about it. I remember liking Kelly & Christy because they were an all-female team and I liked teams purely for that reason back in the day. They were huge morons though, which would probably still make them entertaining to me if I were to watch the season now. They're probably also the reason I hated Nick & Starr so much because I don't remember what they did that offended me so.

Save Denise & James Earl

Tara and Joey

The mom and dad team that was a strong older couple that worked together well. They were on the season of the stranger teams that resulted from a school yard pick at the beginning of the race. Joey actually performed awful in that first challenge but Tara just had a good feeling that they would work well together and she was right! Would have preferred them to win over the hot messes, but they just slimly missed out on being one of the very few “older” pairs that won. Tara was quite the asset on this team as she was cool, calm, and collected throughout the entire race. She was even able to tell Joey to stfu in an effective and quick manner to get results. It made sense that they did so well in the race. Anyways, congrats to them making it this far!

save Terrence and Sarah for Alex 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm officially done with my summer class and have more time on my hands now, so let's get this going again!

@Weedy_Speedy is next to nominate. You cannot nominate:

Brent & Caite

Rob & Amber

Brendon & Rachel

Natalie & Nadiya

Caroline & Jennifer

Reichen & Chip

Adam & Bethany

Aaron & Arianne 
Terence & Sarah
Denise & James Earl 
Scott & Blair
Lucas & Brittany 
Leo & Alana

(Also tagging everyone else so they know this is back: @Alex95 @*Chris @*Diana @JC @QueenKalie @Steven_)

• Like 1