The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

15 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Oh now isn't that interesting! Are we gonna have co winners or is someone getting shafted. :dead:

I haven’t decided yet. :dead: 

The tie for 20th place + the few other lower-placing ties will be broken by the public ranking.

20. Kami & Karli

Season 5, 5th Place

a3rikX2.png

@QueenKalie: 4/20

@Weedy_Speedy: 8/20

@*Diana: 13/20

@JC: 14/20

@Alex95: 16/20

@Steven_: 19/20

@*Chris: 20/20

IDF: 20/20

QK

4. Kami & Karli

899413b60fbdd767f105967b176c81e3.png

Kami and Karli are really good looking twins that were on season 5 of the Amazing Race. So naturally this is a team I was going to root for :giggle: but what I liked about them the most is that they were super competitive which isn't something you always get from the hot girl team. They also kept constantly making mistakes and getting lost and not reading their clue properly so that was funny. For a team that kept constantly finishing near the back of the pack they did a good job of lasting as long as they did. So to place 5th after all the mistakes they made is a pretty impressive achievement especially in a pretty strong season so I think that is something that should be commended. 

DIANA

13.   Kami & Karli - Season 5, 5th Place

Season 5 is underrated in my opinion

JC

14. Kami & Karli - Season 5, 5th Place: Out of all 20 teams, while I remembered liking them, they are the team I remember the least with Nancy & Emily. Had to watch a youtube video to refresh my memory but they are a bit intellectually challenged and blind as bats missing so many clue boxes and making things harder on themselves during easy tasks. :giggle: 

ALEX

Kami & Karli

It’s a shame Kami & Karli got stuck on TAR 5 because they had potential to be the stars of any other season. On the other hand, I’m grateful they were on TAR 5 because they helped elevate a near flawless cast :wub:. Kami & Karli, or as they’re commonly referred to as the Kwins, seemed like potential winners. They’re both young, athletic, intelligent, pretty, and can communicate well with each other. What more could you possibly need? Well it turns out they may actually be one of the worst teams in Amazing Race history :dead:. The fact that they made it all the way to fifth place is a miracle. Here’s a quick look at how they raced all season:
Leg 1: Get lost looking for the clue box literally right in front of them. LITERALLY RUN STRAIGHT PAST IT AT ONE POINT. Missing a second clue box and getting turned away at the pitstop before they can check in to get that clue. Somehow finish in 9th place out of 11.
Leg 2: Play a game of chicken in a taxi with Chip & Kim and end up giving the taxi to them. End up on the last bus. Somehow finish in 9th place out of 10.
Leg 3: Actually not terrible! Though they swim to a pitstop that they could’ve just walked along a shallow section to in one of the most hilarious pit stop entrances ever :dead:. Place 5th out of 9th.
Leg 4: Aligning with Linda & Karen and the two of them accidentally getting the second worst possible flight. Think they’re fighting Linda & Karen for last place and lose to them. Luckily get 7th place out of 8 because Bob & Joyce had the slowest flight.
Leg 5: Get hopelessly lost, but are saved by Chip helping them out a bit. Arrive at the pitstop in 6th place out of 7.
Leg 6: Get confused at multiple clues and fall behind to nearly last place. Get MAJORLY lucky at the digging roadblock to secure them a 3rd place finish out of 7.
Leg 7: End up on a broken down bus which ties them for last place. Charla’s small legs help get the Kwins to the roadblock first to finish first and they secure a 5th place finish out of 6.
Leg 8: Let Brandon & Nicole get to the detour before them which slows them down. They finish 5th place out of 5 but are saved by a NEL.
Leg 9: Poor directional skills and a missed train drop them to the bottom. Finish in 4th out of 5 because Brandon & Nicole didn’t do the fast-forward.
Leg 10: Get lost multiple times and do the slower detour. Finish 5th place out of 5 and FINALLY their luck has run out and they’re eliminated.
These icons ran 10 legs and managed to finish not in the bottom two for only three of them :wub: (and one of those three was 9/11 which is nothing to brag about :dead:). They are the ultimate bottom-feeders so it’s no surprise I love them.
They also had fun personalities. They got in a few little arguments with each other during the race that were fun to watch. My favorite scene of the Kwins is after they survive the non-elimination leg but aren’t worried about losing all their money because they’ll “use whatever sexual gifts God gave us” (exact quote). They easily flirt their way back into all their money with one guy even emptying all his pockets to them for a hug :dead:.
Kami & Karli’s on-again off-again relationship with Chip & Kim is my favorite thing about them though. The two teams were hilarious together because one second they were best friends and then the next they’re sworn enemies. It all started when they tried to work together at the start of the second leg, but got separated on their way to the first task :dead:. The Kwins were upset because they felt Chip & Kim ditched them. However, their relationship was still strong and they were sad near the end of the leg when they thought they were fighting for last. This culminated in the two of them racing towards the same taxi and both sitting in it at the same time. Kami & Karli eventually gave in and let Chip & Kim have it, but they were furious and said they would never forgive Chip. The next leg, the Kwins are saying there can be no more alliances and they call Chip an ass :dead:. Somehow, these two teams are interconnected though and always end up by each other :dead:. Chip redeems himself in Kami & Karli’s eyes when he sees a chance to help them at a super physical detour in the fifth leg and he takes that opportunity. The two of them end up in the same alliance together that Colin creates in the 7th leg so it seems things are fixed between them! So then at the 10th leg, Chip & Kim redeem themselves fully in the Kwins’ eyes after a practical joke. Chip & Kim arrive at the yield first and pretend to yield Kami & Karli. They don’t do it though and everyone has a big laugh and hugs each other (because they all assume Linda & Karen is still behind them). Then 10 seconds later, Chip gets to the next clue box and realizes there are only two clues left and the two of them are fighting for last place :dead:. The two friends turned enemies turned friends having to fight each other for survival is such a great end to their storyline. Overall, Kami & Karli are a great and fun team and I’m glad we nearly got a full season of them (somehow).

STEVEN

KAMI & KARLI

3ttol.gif

Kami & Karli are one of three teams in this endgame representing The Amazing Race 5. They are twins who managed to make it all the way to fifth place despite the many mistakes they made along the way. They often misread the clues, putting them near the back of the pack throughout the race. One memorable moment was when they swam to the third Pit Stop when all they had to do was walk across the shallow water like the other teams did. Despite their mistakes, they were able to avoid elimination to make it far in the race. Kami & Karli aren't exactly one of the teams that come to mind when I think of the greatest The Amazing Race teams. There are other teams I'd rather have seen here, but I don't dislike them. They still rank low for me out of this Top 20 though.

CHRIS

3ttol.gif

This team of identical twins that appeared on The Amazing Race 5 are the lucky recipient of my 20th place.  I actually struggled who to give it to as I am indifferent on a good amount of teams, but I ended up going with them as they never really impressed me during their time on the race.  And looking back on the race, I do feel that they always had the luck on their side considering they always made mistake or finish near the back of the back.  As well, with a 5th place finish, I feel that ranking them in last place is a fair placement - I don't think anyone is a top fan of them and if they are fan favourites on here, I apologize to their fans for ranking them last. 

AMANDA

Coming in 20th place, these two ended up on the wrong side of the tiebreaker by having a lower ranking from the public than the #19 team. Kami & Karli are fun and definitely contributed to making season 5 one of the best TAR seasons ever, but I feel like their making the Top 20 is so random. :dead: But what would a rankdown be without random inclusions in the final ranking? :giggle: With one #19 ranking and two #20 rankings, it was really difficult for these two to escape the bottom of the ranking.

Edited by *Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (#20 Posted)

#19 will be up shortly, but just gonna start the individual rankings lists since apparently no one else wants to do that. :dead: 

ALEX

16. Kami & Karli

CHRIS

20. Kami & Karli

DIANA

13. Kami & Karli

JC

14. Kami & Karli

KEVIN

8. Kami & Karli

QK

4. Kami & Karli

STEVEN

19. Kami & Karli

IDF

20. Kami & Karli

19. Adam & Bethany

Season 25, 3rd Place

QFn5YMJ.jpg

@Steven_: 2/20

@QueenKalie: 11/20

@*Chris: 13/20

IDF: 13/20

@JC: 15/20

@Alex95: 20/20

@*Diana: 20/20

@Weedy_Speedy: 20/20

STEVEN

ADAM & BETHANY

TF3Dh8t.gif

Adam & Bethany are one of my all-time favorite The Amazing Race teams. I don't believe the other rankers here like them as much as I do, so I was unsure if they would make it to the end of the game. I was still determined to get them as far as possible in this rankdown, so I was glad I was able to send them straight to the Top 20. So, Adam & Bethany making it to the Top 20 is a personal achievement of mine in this game. I will admit that I had a pre-show bias before their season aired. I was so excited when I saw Bethany Hamilton was cast to be on the race. Maybe some people here believe I like Bethany Hamilton just because of the movie Soul Surfer, but I remember reading about her years before the movie was released. Bethany Hamilton is such an incredible human being, and her positive and driven attitude, even after the trauma of losing her left arm in a shark attack, is very inspiring. When I saw she and Adam were cast to be on the race, I already knew they were going to be my favorites of the season. And that didn't change as the season played out. Adam & Bethany are such a likable and good-natured couple. They were both laid back yet determined to do well in the race. And they were pretty good at the race too. Despite some navigational issues here and there, they were solid racers and did well in the tasks. Bethany frequently impressed her fellow racers, and other racers would comment how amazing she is in their confessionals. Adam & Bethany often placed high in the legs, winning first place twice with the help of an Express Pass and the Fast Forward. I was really hoping Adam & Bethany would've won the race, and it was very disappointing to see them come up short after getting so close to victory. But kudos to them on making it all the way to the final leg. I'm expecting Adam & Bethany to rank low for the other rankers here, but they get a Top 2 placement for me. I really like them, and I'm glad they're included in our Top 20.

QK

11. Adam & Bethany

adam-dirks-bethany-hamilton-in-amazing-g

Adam and Bethany are a married surfers from season 25 of the Amazing Race. Bethany lost a hand to a shark and they made a movie out of that called Soul Surfers and it had Carrie Underwood in it. As a team I think they were fine and they did pretty well but I never stanned them or anything like that.

CHRIS

TF3Dh8t.gif

My apologies to Steven for this ranking - I did want to rank them a bit higher as I enjoyed them on their respective season, but overall, they don't really rank in my Top 20 so this is the best I can do for them. 

AMANDA

I am rather surprised these two made the Top 20, as other than Steven, they don't have a lot of fans. But good job to Steven getting them here. Adam and Bethany are fine and they did a great job on the race, however they're not that entertaining and they didn't really do anything to elevate themselves to iconic Race team status like a lot of this top 20. I like them well enough, but I much prefer the teams that are either prone to meltdowns at any second or are just entertaining in a fun way and these two are neither. They're just a little too boring for me. Congrats to Steven for getting them here, though. And their public ranking pushed them out of 20th place, so there's that.

JC

15. Adam & Bethany - Season 25, 3rd Place: Bethany is just phenomenal and I was in awe at how much faster she could swim than people with two arms. Ridic, what a queen. QK had to ruin them and tell me they are tied to Carrie Underwood somehow though so they're lucky they're not last. JK, they are low because they are just not that entertaining compared to the rest, but the Carrie ties definitely did them no favors.

ALEX

Adam & Bethany

Or Adam & Borethany, as I liked to call them back in the day. And I’m sticking to that nickname! These two are just not made for television and have no charisma. You can just tell from their confessionals. They spoke with no energy and just didn’t have anything clever or interesting to say. They remind me very much of a friend I have who’s a surfer. As much as I may like them, I don’t need to see that energy on my reality tv shows :dead:.
Bethany Hamilton is most known for surviving a shark attack and losing her arm. What Bethany has accomplished, not only on this show, but in her life is truly awe-inspiring. Bethany saw the challenges in front of her on the race, or in life, and did not let them bring her down. Instead, she made it to the final leg of The Amazing Race with just one arm and she should be applauded for that.
Now, the surfing fast-forward. I’m still salty about it lmao. Look, some people benefit from different tasks in their comfort zone. It’s just part of the race, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. But I feel like a fast-forward is different. Usually it’s like shave your head, or eat disgusting food, or do something scary. But no! On a season where they cast surfers, they do a fast-forward based on who can surf the best :dead:. Ugh I’m so pissed about how Kym & Alli got screwed there :broken:. While I was bored with Adam & Bethany before then, I started hating them at that point:dead:
They seem like decent enough people so I guess hating them is harsh lol. I also didn’t like Bethany at the building detour in the Philippines where they had to attach the side car to the motorcycle and Bethany was going on about how this is a Man’s Job and she’s so grateful to have a Man who can Build. Please Bethany, it’s 2014! I promise you, gender roles are not a thing! When Adam & Bethany said they were ~racing for God~ I can’t say I was surprised. I’m glad for them they have a higher power they believe in, but I promise you, God did not care about the results of The Amazing Race 25. But…...yeah. They seem like sweet people and I’m sure they have a very happy life and don’t care one bit that I did not care for them on their season of The Amazing Race! Gotta live my truth though.

DIANA

20.   Adam & Bethany - Season 25, 3rd Place

Easy last place for me. I find them criminally overrated and if it wasn’t them being saved they probably would have been my petty cut so it’s a easy number 20 for me. I expect them to fair pretty well in the rankdown regardless but I wasn’t going to be a reason why. I just found them boring and we seem to LOVE to cut racing teams for that reason I am not sure why these two slipped by oh well. At least they didn’t win that season. Nothing against them I just don’t think besides her big name they warrant a place in our final rankings like at all, at all. I am not even being petty here lol just overrated.

KEVIN

20. Adam & Bethany
Boringxinfinity. TAR25 has one of the all-time greatest casts, and they would not be my personal choice for representation here. I didn't find them entertaining and was very annoyed at all the aspects of their season that was purposely designed for them (reduced number of Roadblocks, surfing FF, etc.)

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (#19 Posted)

I never thought about it but Alex totally has a point about the fast forward, now I'm angry at the producers for doing that! I was upset about the Kym and Alli elim too :( Seems like so much riggage hates!

• Like 1

Adam & Bethany just barely avoiding last place even with 3 #20 votes, all because of their higher public vote. :wub: 

They were my favorite of their season so I would have given them a high vote. Yay to Steven getting them here to the Top 20. Although I do get the comments of them being boring/not-so-entertaining, but I just was really invested and rooted a lot for Bethany. :yes: 

Although I also always love reading how wrong Diana is with her predictions. :giggle:❤️ 

disappointed-not-surprised.gif

At least they made Top 20 with so many non-fans. 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Adam & Bethany just barely avoiding last place even with 3 #20 votes, all because of their higher public vote. :wub: 

They were my favorite of their season so I would have given them a high vote. Yay to Steven getting them here to the Top 20. Although I do get the comments of them being boring/not-so-entertaining, but I just was really invested and rooted a lot for Bethany. :yes: 

Although I also always love reading how wrong Diana is with her predictions. :giggle:❤️ 

tenor.gif

At least Wallace is also a fan. :peace:

And Wallace’s public score saved Adam & Bethany from last place! ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

disappointed-not-surprised.gif

At least they made Top 20 with so many non-fans. 🤷‍♂️

tenor.gif

At least Wallace is also a fan. :peace:

And Wallace’s public score saved Adam & Bethany from last place! ^_^ 

39 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

who knew that even in the TAR rankdown that #blamewally would still be a thing. :giggle:

How I want to take credit for Steven's post but deny QK's post at the same time.  🙈:dead: 

Sadly, I didn't submit a ranking as I only knew half of the teams (or so I think). :( But my vote def would have helped Adam & Bethany out more in the public vote.

ALEX

16. Kami & Karli

20. Adam & Bethany

CHRIS

13. Adam & Bethany

20. Kami & Karli

DIANA

13. Kami & Karli

20. Adam & Bethany

JC

14. Kami & Karli

15. Adam & Bethany