The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

4 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Meanwhile I love TAR21, despite it being hated for giving us foreign twinnies and gay Chippendales. Whatevs.

Season 21. :wub: Such an amazing season.

I’m still mad we only got the twinnies from that season on all-stars 2 and instead got 4 season 22 teams as well as 3rd appearances from the Cowboys, Globetrotters and Margie & Luke. They did such a bad job casting that season. :dead: 

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Season 21. :wub: Such an amazing season.

I’m still mad we only got the twinnies from that season on all-stars 2 and instead got 4 season 22 teams as well as 3rd appearances from the Cowboys, Globetrotters and Margie & Luke. They did such a bad job casting that season. :dead: 

Didn't they have better teams in mind only for them to be no-gos, and it basically turned into "well who tf will say yes?!"

I remember Jaymes & James being on the original list of teams. And the rumor that Mallory was racing with Brook...god, that would've been incredible! #robbed

Brook & Mallory would’ve been amazing. And it would’ve made more sense since they were on the same season. I understand both Mark & Mallory are fan favorites, but they didn’t even know each other. :dead: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Brook & Mallory would’ve been amazing. And it would’ve made more sense since they were on the same season. I understand both Mark & Mallory are fan favorites, but they didn’t even know each other. :dead: 

Yeah Brook and Mallory would have been so much more fun than Mark & Mallory that was just a mess lol 

x240-Ufp.jpg

It was the year of 2001 and CBS announced their newest reality-tv competition - The Amazing Race - a race around the world. Between March 8th and April 8th, they filmed the first ever season to later be aired between September & December 2001; way faster than nowadays airing of The Amazing Race. We were introducing to 11th team and one of them included Matt & Ana, a married couple from Connecticut.  Unfortunately for Matt & Ana, their journey ended early in Zambia when they were met with bad directions among other things. And for this reason, I am cutting them from the rankdown although I almost saved them for being the first ever team eliminated in Amazing Race history.

SAVING : RON & BILL

6 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Well Claire kept getting pregnant at All-Stars seasons lol. Brook & Mallory were alternates and they should've just put them on after Bopper got dq'd instead of doing the messy ass Mark & Mallory thing.

4 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah Brook and Mallory would have been so much more fun than Mark & Mallory that was just a mess lol 

LMAO Yess I remember Mark & Mallory being such an awkward and uncomfortable mess together. :dead: 

Anita & Arthur

anitajones_arthurjones_696w.jpg

I didn't remember who these people were but then wiki said it was the hippy Beekeeper team and then I was like oh yeah I remember them.  I don't really have a ton to say about them other than that they were old they were hippies and they were beekeepers lol. They also did really terrible as they were the first team eliminated from the race during season 13. They were the oldest team to be eliminated first at the average age of 62 so there is a random fact for you. I am sure they were perfectly nice people and if they went further in the game I might have liked them but being the first boot on season 13 makes them pretty irrelevant so out they go from this rankdown now.

Saving Ron & Tony

Jet & Cord

LXseaQC.png

God, I can’t believe these f*ckers have become one of the most beloved teams in Amazing Race history. Well I mean actually I can because they appeal to the main fanbase of the show. They are exactly what a white conservative is looking for when watching The Amazing Race. The only credit I will give Jet & Cord is that they did a fantastic job manipulating the audience that they’re decent people. But I saw through their facade from day one. Every once in a while their masks slip and exposes the pieces of shit they actually are.
We first met Jet & Cord in S16 where they prided themselves on running such an independent race. Honestly if they attempted to make friends, they might’ve actually won a season, but I’m not complaining. Jet & Cord are awful at everything in the race that isn’t a physical task. They suck at navigating, they suck at skill tasks that aren’t cowboy related activities, they suck at making friends. In Argentina, Jet & Cord decide to pull over and let Joe & Heidi and Carol & Brandy pass them because “they didn’t want them following them”. I mean...they’re going to the same place, no shit they’re gonna go the same direction! It’s just dumb, little things like this Jet & Cord do so they can give themselves the moral high ground. Obviously you don’t want working together to turn into TAR 32 levels of alliance, but there’s nothing wrong with...bonding with other teams.
Whenever Jet & Cord are shown a hint of adversity, they turn into privileged, self-righteous babies. Jet & Cord showed their asses in Seychelles during one of the worst placed NEL legs ever. Jet & Cord f*cked up the coconut detour and wanted to beat up the judge for just telling them they did it wrong (you’ll notice that Jet & Cord threaten to beat up anyone (specifically minorities) that push back at them). Then they forget to bring their bottle to the pitstop which causes them to fall to last place. When they finally collect their bottle with the map inside, Jet throws it at Phil’s feet like the little bitch that he is. Then of course there’s the finale where Jordan cuts them in line and they throw another hissy fit. It never even amounted to anything, they all got on the same flight (and then Dan negotiated them up to first class which Jet & Cord failed to do). And as a response, Jet called Jordan a f*ggot at a charity event in front of Jordan’s mom and tons of witnesses. How does CBS respond? By inviting Jet & Cord back for two more seasons.
I don’t even think Jet & Cord are fun at all, which is apparently supposed to be the whole point of their team. They blandly perform tasks competently while obnoxious music plays in the background. That’s not fun! That’s just doing the show. Jet & Cord give us no drama besides homophobia and being babies when things don’t go exactly their way. They have no charisma, they’re not fun to watch, and they helped make S16 one of the worst seasons ever.
They return for Unfinished Business two seasons later only to whine some more about how they got cheated out of their win (even though, like I said, Dan & Jordan “cutting” in front of them at the airport had absolutely no bearing on the end results). This season exposed just how terrible Jet & Cord are out the race though, which I am truly grateful for.
We really deserved to lose Jet & Cord in the first leg, and I’m forever bitter about the fact that it was a “to be continued” leg. Jet & Cord ran an atrocious first leg. Even with everyone helping each other on the puzzle, I’m pretty sure Jet & Cord still would’ve come in dead last. However, the producers were never about to lose their precious Cowboys first so of course the leg didn’t actually end in a pitstop and they were told to keep on racing.
Jet & Cord made countless navigational and strategic errors throughout their entire race. Though I guess I’ll give them credit for continuing to beast physical challenges, they're young and rather fit so it’s not that shocking that they can complete these challenges. Jet & Cord got on two terrible flights in a row that put them in last place and should’ve eliminated them if other teams didn’t f*ck up more and if Jet & Cord didn’t have ample time to catch up thanks to some super physical tasks. Luckily in Lichtenstein and Switzerland, Jet & Cord were finally disposed of when the Globetrotter, Zev & Justin, Kisha & Jen, and Gary & Mallory alliance worked together to share the answer at the roadblock. While I usually disprove of that, I’m glad it’s what helped seal Jet & Cord’s fate. Flight Time & Big Easy also used the U-Turn to put the final nail in their coffin.
While Jet & Cord’s personalities weren’t nearly as grating this time around, I still didn’t enjoy watching them at all. I hate that stupid music they play every time they’re on screen. I hate their “woe is me” attitude whenever teams work together to take them out because they have no social games and refuse to befriend the other teams. I hate that they’re incredibly weak racers, but the audience has been tricked into believing they’re actually strong racers. And I hate that the producers love them so much that we had to see them again for a third season!
S24 was probably their most lowkey season. The producers were more focused on Dave & Connor vs. Brendon & Rachel so Jet & Cord kinda fell to the background, which of course I greatly appreciated. Jet & Cord just have nothing new to bring to the show anymore. They continued to brag about how they run their own race. Groundbreaking. I will say, I appreciated them (at the time) giving the second express pass to Caroline & Jennifer, but that was much more of a moment for the girls than Jet & Cord. Were Jet & Cord awful this season? No. In fact towards the end, they were nearing the top of my ranking just because I hated the Accidental Alliance so much. They’re just so boring and I have absolutely nothing or interesting to say about them on S24. I guess the one thing I will say is that Jet’s reaction to Leo & Jamal U-Turning them did not sit well with me personally. Jet screaming about how he knew from the moment he laid eyes on them not to trust them just reeked of racism and xenophobia. I could give them the benefit of the doubt since Leo & Jamal were definitely untrustworthy on S23. However, I struggle giving Jet & Cord the benefit of the doubt knowing their history. Idk maybe I’m being unfair, but I cringed a bit during that moment. I’m sure you’re all fine if I don’t break their S24 appearance down in great detail. It was largely unmemorable and I wrote enough about their first two seasons. Just know I think they’re awful people, awful racers, and add no entertainment value to the show.

Save Tom & Terry

• Like 1