The Voice 20 TV Ratings ⭐

istersay

While ratings for tv are terrible in general, ratings matter for shows like The Voice because they typically attract companies for ad revenue. This is a factor in what started the decline for Idol. They had very good ad revenue at its peak. When ratings for Idol started declining consistently so did the ad revenue, which eventually led to cutbacks in other areas.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

A bit of an improvement, but still not good.

ratings will never be good again, at least it won the the night, I don't know how much lower they can go without getting canceled. That's for the bean counters to figure out

8 minutes ago, istersay said:

ratings will never be good again, at least it won the the night, I don't know how much lower they can go without getting canceled. That's for the bean counters to figure out

If idol can stick around with less ratings the voice sure can as well. And plus I don’t think they’ll cancel unless they get another singing competition show

9 minutes ago, istersay said:

Yeah, I said in the past that the show is safe for probably a couple of more years with ratings like these. But if they don`t improve by then, or go even lower, they could be in danger.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, istersay said:

Yes, only the bean counters know. If they think they can be more profitable replacing it with something else, bye-bye. S21 is crucial to the long time viability of the show, IMO. If they pay Ariana $20 million, without a significant impact on ratings, that could be it. 

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes, only the bean counters know. If they think they can be more profitable replacing it with something else, bye-bye. S21 is crucial to the long time viability of the show, IMO. If they pay Ariana $20 million, without a significant impact on ratings, that could be it. 

if Ariana can't bring in new viewers then I don't know who can

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, istersay said:

if Ariana can't bring in new viewers then I don't know who can

Ariana may bring in a few more fans to the streaming services for the first couple of blind audition shows out of curiosity.

But her fans are well beyond the television watching generation. It won't be sustained throughout the season. When reality strikes during battles that they will hardly see her, they will disappear. 

Honestly, I think the show is going to keep getting renewed as long as it does well against other unscripted shows.

Obvious budget cuts have happened, but the show is still being aired. And the pandemic destroyed ALL ratings, not just The Voice. Most people just moved on from network TV to streaming services like Netflix and Hulu long ago, and it's not changing. It is what it is.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Honestly, I think the show is going to keep getting renewed as long as it does well against other unscripted shows.

Obvious budget cuts have happened, but the show is still being aired. And the pandemic destroyed ALL ratings, not just The Voice. Most people just moved on from network TV to streaming services like Netflix and Hulu long ago, and it's not changing. It is what it is.

“Unscripted”

😂

• Haha 3

The average ratings for this season (not factoring in the clip show) are below, assuming my calculation is correct. Demo is rounded to the nearest tenth, viewers are rounded to the nearest hundredth.

Key Demo: 0.82 unrounded, 0.8 rounded.

Viewers: 6.562 unrounded, 6.56 rounded.

For comparison, here's S19's numbers:

Key demo: 0.96 unrounded, 1.0 rounded.

Viewers: 7.337 million unrounded, 7.34 million rounded.

This season was a bit lower but not by that much. I guess the network can't really complain about the show's numbers if it's getting renewed, despite the cut of Spring seasons. We'll see how next season fares.

6 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

The average ratings for this season (not factoring in the clip show) are below, assuming my calculation is correct. Demo is rounded to the nearest tenth, viewers are rounded to the nearest hundredth.

Key Demo: 0.82 unrounded, 0.8 rounded.

Viewers: 6.562 unrounded, 6.56 rounded.

For comparison, here's S19's numbers:

Key demo: 0.96 unrounded, 1.0 rounded.

Viewers: 7.337 million unrounded, 7.34 million rounded.

This season was a bit lower but not by that much. I guess the network can't really complain about the show's numbers if it's getting renewed, despite the cut of Spring seasons. We'll see how next season fares.

Not by that much? The demo number dropped about 15% and total number of viewers about 11%. I suppose that’s typical of the last few seasons, though.