«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I wonder what he'll sing next week.

Well... If we are continuing with the pop/alt females theme and he already did Kelly Clarkson and Selena Gomez, it seems to me Demi Lovato is an interesting bet. 

Edited by SNI2

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

Well... If we are continuing with the pop/alt females theme and he already did Kelly Clarkson and Selena Gomez, it seems to me Demi Lovato is an interesting bet. 

@Teraginn DID suggest Skyscraper...

33 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Now we learned how to pimp Corey right. Give him an emotional pop-alt female song. I'll chop off the head of the producer who gives him anything other than this, next. 

My theory is that Corey excels in songs that are emotional, but not too gritty. When he sings songs with a lot of gravel in it, he tends to overuse the tremble in his voice. That's why I think Bruises did not work as well as it did on paper. And that's why I think he really needs to stick to singing female ballads, because not only does he get to emote, but his grit on it will give the song new flavor.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I am HYPED for him, Kelly scared me for a bit by not saving him but he slayed the wildcard, so it's all good! Glad to have my favorite make it past the playoffs this time around after the tragedy of Sid Kingsley last season.

Sid walked so Corey can run!

Just now, Teraginn said:

My theory is that Corey excels in songs that are emotional, but not too gritty. When he sings songs with a lot of gravel in it, he tends to overuse the tremble in his voice. That's why I think Bruises did not work as well as it did on paper. And that's why I think he really needs to stick to singing female ballads, because not only does he get to emote, but his grit on it will give the song new flavor.

So what I'm hearing is spam the app to hell and back with Skyscraper?

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

Couldn't have said it better. Bruises was good, but Lewis Capaldi is prone to oversinging, and I feel like Corey tried to match that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David68 said:

Are they gonna upload the WC performances? I would love to rewatch that without the panic in my head during the live performance and get a better listen.

I haven't watched it yet, but I actually really liked the idea of Corey singing this song, I just wasn't convinced it was the song he needed in the moment. Glad he proved me wrong!

If he doesn't do a female alt-pop song, I think "Fix You" - overdone as it is - is right in Corey's wheelhouse, as it's emotional without being overly gritty and (more importantly) it's a well known song that has Minivan appeal.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

If Anyone wasn't sung already, I would have thought it to be a brilliant choice for Corey's style.

But as  @FloorWax said, I would settle for Skyscraper. I think that would lead to an Already Gone 2.0 moment.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If he doesn't do a female alt-pop song, I think "Fix You" - overdone as it is - is right in Corey's wheelhouse, as it's emotional without being overly gritty and (more importantly) it's a well known song that has Minivan appeal.

After AI's disastrous Coldplay week, I'm kinda nervous for Corey to tackle Coldplay. But that would be a great fit for him. The Scientist too.

So... regarding pop females... Katy Perry as an option is out, right? 😆 Because The One that got away is right there. Also, Wrecking Ball, by MIley... 

Edited by SNI2

Just now, SNI2 said:

So... regarding pop females... Katy Perry as an option is out, right? 😆

The best Katy song I can think of for Corey's style is Thinking Of You, and I hate that song with a passion.

OH SH--- WAIT.....

Corey can SLAY on Boyce Avenue versions of Katy Perry songs!!!

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

After AI's disastrous Coldplay week, I'm kinda nervous for Corey to tackle Coldplay. But that would be a great fit for him. The Scientist too.

That's why I'm staying away from their later stuff - as much as Viva La Vida slaps me right in the childhood, it would be a mess at best for Corey given the tempo and the fact there's more grit there.

I didn't suggest The Scientist because my standards are hella high with that for the show, but it'd be an acceptable back-up Coldplay-themed option.

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

The best Katy song I can think of for Corey's style is Thinking Of You, and I hate that song with a passion.

OH SH--- WAIT.....

Corey can SLAY on Boyce Avenue versions of Katy Perry songs!!!

if we can get the rights, considering Katy's associated with AI at the moment.

Though Corey on Teenage Dream would be...a choice.

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

if we can get the rights, considering Katy's associated with AI at the moment.

Though Corey on Teenage Dream would be...a choice.

Boyce Avenue's version of Teenage Dream is RADICALLY different for Katy. And it works well with a mixed head-chest voice singer like Corey.

• Like 1

Just now, SNI2 said:

Alright, I'll stop suggesting songs for Corey because I'm already thinking about The only exception by Paramore and I don't wanna get into my emo phase again. 

emo GIF

OMG THAT TOTALLY WORKS TOO! 

It will be way too emo for the demo... but Corey would slay it!

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

Alright, I'll stop suggesting songs for Corey because I'm already thinking about The only exception by Paramore and I don't wanna get into my emo phase again. 

emo GIF

As long as he doesn't get "all I wanted was yooooooOOOOUUUUUU" Now THAT would be a mess.