«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

...considering how easily I ID'd them, I think I need a new hobby. 

The real question is where in the lineup the new member(s) will go 🤪

The old ones will always be in the middle, but I tend to put the new ones on the edges. I'll figure it out. 😛

So Corey's Playoffs song is....

thbErHx.png

First, the good points:

1.) This song sounds like something he'd do off-show. It's a perfect fit for his voice and vibe.
2.) In the middle of the song, he hits this huge note and I really hope he can replicate it live because that's a moment right there!
3.) The arrangement of the song is sparse, which hopefully means less issues with Bandzilla.

Then, the cons:
1.) I don't think this song is a vote magnet, for lack of a better word. Corey would need to sell this song on the merits of his live performance.
2.) As good of a fit the song is, his Team Kelly members also got very fitting songs. It will come down to who delivers onstage.

These are just my initial thoughts, I will have to sit down and listen to the song more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Corey's going to slay his song tomorrow, I really hope Kelly saves him!!

tonight actually

I LOVE THE STUDIO

• Like 2

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Not Corey attempting to emotionally destroy the audience through the screen yet again.

Brb, gonna loop his studio again and go save it to my Spotify if I can find it.

I've been listening to his performance rather than writing my paper. I'm OBSESSED. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The rasp is really coming through here, much more than in his previous performances. Hope he can make it work live. 

And Kelly, if you`re reading this (lol), SAVE THIS MAN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The rasp is really coming through here, much more than in his previous performances. Hope he can make it work live. 

And Kelly, if you`re reading this (lol), SAVE THIS MAN.

Time to see if my "psychic powers" for this season will work on Corey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamescasaki said:

I HAVE SO MANY THOUGHTS BUT I'LL TRY TO BE CONCISE:

1.) Let's be real, this isn't Corey's best technical performance. It was teetering on the edge of being off the rails at points. But for me, the utter rawness of the performance sold the song to me. I actually liked this live performance better than the studio, IIBH.

2.) It's gonna be an extremely close fight between Corey and Gihanna for the CS. It's hard to read where Kelly's loyalties lie. Given that Gihanna is one of the few teens left in the game, I can see Kelly saving her, but Kelly also favored emotional performers over technical ones before. IT'S DRIVING ME UP THE WALL HOW CLOSE THIS IS UGH.

3.) Corey, if you're reading this, don't get beat up too much about Nick's comments about emotion vs. technicality. Don't be afraid to get vulnerable onstage. It's the best part of your artistry. I do advise you to not do too much of your head voice next time, it's hard to keep that in check when you're vibrating with emotion.

44 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I HAVE SO MANY THOUGHTS BUT I'LL TRY TO BE CONCISE:

1.) Let's be real, this isn't Corey's best technical performance. It was teetering on the edge of being off the rails at points. But for me, the utter rawness of the performance sold the song to me. I actually liked this live performance better than the studio, IIBH.

2.) It's gonna be an extremely close fight between Corey and Gihanna for the CS. It's hard to read where Kelly's loyalties lie. Given that Gihanna is one of the few teens left in the game, I can see Kelly saving her, but Kelly also favored emotional performers over technical ones before. IT'S DRIVING ME UP THE WALL HOW CLOSE THIS IS UGH.

3.) Corey, if you're reading this, don't get beat up too much about Nick's comments about emotion vs. technicality. Don't be afraid to get vulnerable onstage. It's the best part of your artistry. I do advise you to not do too much of your head voice next time, it's hard to keep that in check when you're vibrating with emotion.

Agree with all of this. He wasn't at his best vocally, but he did great nonetheless. I think head voice isn't his strong suit, so I think he should try to use it less next week (if he makes it!)

• Like 1