«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

8 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Who knew how good these Voice performances would sound when they're just taking their time and not having to cut the song short 😅

Corey shines when he has the space to let his voice soar. Y'all gonna love this unfettered Corey when you finally get to hear it!

• Like 3

Can I sue Spotify for not letting me listen to the song beyond just a snippet despite having it saved to my library?

(maybe it’s trying to protect me from getting emotionally curb stomped in the best way possible but all it’s doing is frustrating the bajeebus out of me after waiting for this for MONTHS)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OKAY SO. I finally got my tech-savvy partner to help me figure out why Spotify was being dumb and I’ve listened to the song and Y’ALL I HAVE FEELINGS (this is about to be a whole chaotic mess so I apologize oops)

First off - that arrangement. Perfectly sparse and highlights Corey’s voice with plenty of chances to show off a softer edge and the glory notes? Perfection. 

Second - the vibe of the song itself. It’s like the Sleeping at Last cover + Kelly’s OG version had a baby and it is just fabulous and my eardrums have been blessed.

Third - Corey’s vocals. It’s fine, I didn’t need to be walloped over my head repeatedly with my emotions while getting my heartstrings tugged on anyway. They float through the background piano + cut deep when it counts and it’s spectacular and just proof that Corey’s perfect at what he does. I joked earlier about getting emotionally curb stomped and he didn’t disappoint.

I’ve been hyping this for months. Did it live up to the hype? 1000% yes.

I cannot wait to hear what Corey does next, y’all. And now to find that iTunes card I swear I have somewhere and actually purchase it instead of relying on Spotify to cooperate with me…

• Like 3

Glad to read all the love for Corey's single!

If you love it, please consider replaying it several times in a day so we can get the streaming numbers up! Let's show Corey that there's a demand for more tracks from him out there!

Also, please consider sharing the track to your friends, and/or adding it to your personal playlists! That's a great way to get major Spotify playlists to consider adding tracks to their lists.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Glad to read all the love for Corey's single!

If you love it, please consider replaying it several times in a day so we can get the streaming numbers up! Let's show Corey that there's a demand for more tracks from him out there!

Also, please consider sharing the track to your friends, and/or adding it to your personal playlists! That's a great way to get major Spotify playlists to consider adding tracks to their lists.

Already put it on my IG story and added it to my main playlist (I just gotta start making smaller ones at some point bc the current one’s nearly 1,000 tracks whoops)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I said before that I would like him to try "Way Down We Go" again, since his tone totally fits it, it was just an execution problem that time around But he's likely not gonna do it if that song brings bad memories (not turning a chair with it).

Maybe once he gets even more confident in his decision to pursue music full-time and is in the right headspace for it, he’ll consider it again; as it is, with Corey being relatively confident he made the right call but still a tad unsure since he’s new to the full-time musician thing, it’s likely a little too soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...