«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

1 hour ago, SNI2 said:

Now I wonder... What are the odds of TPTB bussing Corey? Stranger things have happened. 

If they can semi-bus the eventual runner-up (Jim last season), anything’s possible.

In any case, I’m not horribly worried about song selection, as long as he’s kept close to his musical lane Corey should be fine.

The Voice finally confirmed that Corey vs Savanna will be on Monday!

In hindsight, this is the most logical pairing for Corey in his team. Love to see their excitement when the pairing was revealed. Hope this battle will gain Corey more attention moving forward!

• Like 1

Glad we are seeing him on Monday. The actual pairing order was quite wonky last week so we don't know if he is really closing but it would make sense considering Kelsea will be using her save, and the positive reviews his battle got.

• Like 3

add me! I love his voice...I feel like he has finale potential as long as he makes his performances are emotional and raw like his blind. I love his raspy, gritty tone matched with his ability to be both powerful and intimate (during his blind audition).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

add me! I love his voice...I feel like he has finale potential as long as he makes his performances are emotional and raw like his blind. I love his raspy, gritty tone matched with his ability to be both powerful and intimate (during his blind audition).

Added!!! :wink:

21 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Can't wait to hear his battle tomorrow! I'll finally get to hear him on a song that I actually like :stealth:

His song choice definitely made me overlook him in the initial blind spoiler lists..... I really love that song, but it's just so overused in singing competitions at this point. But after many replays, I really grown to appreciate his take. There's just that little bit of edge in his version that sets it apart from the other versions.

3 minutes ago, David68 said:

:ohyeah:

To the knockouts!

YESSSSSS!

Corey's entrance to the song sounded so good! I do see Blake's point about the song flagging down towards the middle, but it still sounded great to me. Can't wait to replay this several more times!

There's one point in the performance where Corey kinda did a little skip in the middle of a line, and I'm not sure if it's intentional or a vocal blip, but that would be something to watch out for. It may come from an emotional place, but it can also detract a bit from an otherwise perfect performance. JMO.

• Like 1

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Me: I can be totally unbiased when it comes to my favorites.

Also me: *proceeds to grade Corey at an A both rounds*

Given how biased most of IDF is about their faves, it evens out. Just grade how you like. ;) 

Tbh the only reason I didn't like the battle as much as I could is because I didn't hear enough Corey (or enough Savanna for that matter). Seems like both of them had excellent KO's, so I'll be looking forward to the time we can hear them rock the stage again, but on their own this time.

25 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Tbh the only reason I didn't like the battle as much as I could is because I didn't hear enough Corey (or enough Savanna for that matter). Seems like both of them had excellent KO's, so I'll be looking forward to the time we can hear them rock the stage again, but on their own this time.

Yeah, I feel like this song stayed in Corey's head voice a lot more than his blind song. I don't mind it, but I love Corey's chest voice so much and I was left wanting more of it after this battle. There were a lot of harmonies too, so he needed to hold back to blend well with Savanna. 

I can't wait for him to just get a song where he can just go all out on his chest voice and rasp. I hope Already Gone will be that song, although he is doing the wispier SAL version.

YqvoAEK.jpg

Corey did a very fun IG Live with his battle partner Savanna Woods (and a surprise appearance by Pete Mroz!). Love hearing Savanna's take on how she stays true to herself amidst the craziness of the show, and liked how she made Corey come out of his shell a little bit during the live.

One thing I am excited to hear from this live is that they are very open to do more duets in the future. Savanna has been doing lots of online collaborations with other artists, and she's willing to bring her expertise to make this happen. One song idea they have: The Civil Wars's version of Billie Jean, which is a FANTASTIC idea and needs to happen.

And I also freaked out when he finally recognized my name and thanked me during the live but that's neither here nor there LOL.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1