Casey Bishop Fan Thread

Bk1234

23 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m guessing. She should take advantage of him as the mentor and choose a Billie song. 

Oh I didn't know that. Then Billie is more likely now! I don't wanna get my hopes up, but I think this would be the right move.

• Like 1

Just now, joe14 said:

Oh I didn't know that. Then Billie is more likely now! I don't wanna get my hopes up, but I think this would be the right move.

Her Billie cover is what got me into her pre-season.

She needs to go back to herself before its too late.

All the advice the judges are giving her are throwing her off. Its affecting her performance.

All these advice about moving around the stage, etc, they will eventually come naturally, in her own way.

Right now, she should be herself. She has declined from her audition in my opinion, and then went up again with Black Hole Sun because the arrangement of that is great.

Anyone feel the same way?

She's an incredible talent.

But she's singing these bandzilla songs where she's competing with the full band. These are the songs she will sing on tour or under Idol's management and it will strain and destroy her voice before she even get started with her own music.

27 minutes ago, jjeem said:

All the advice the judges are giving her are throwing her off. Its affecting her performance.

All these advice about moving around the stage, etc, they will eventually come naturally, in her own way.

Right now, she should be herself. She has declined from her audition in my opinion, and then went up again with Black Hole Sun because the arrangement of that is great.

But she's singing these bandzilla songs where she's competing with the full band. These are the songs she will sing on tour or under Idol's management and it will strain and destroy her voice before she even get started with her own music.

Yes she should sing what she wants but you have to admit Somewhere over the rainbow is a song if sung like she did will get you the votes. On most shows a young girl singing it gets you a lot of older and younger votes.

The problem is If she really rocks a song out it might hurt her as a true rocker does not get the votes as a pop rock does.

17 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

🤞 she wins. I feel she is the most deserving.  🤞 the votes reflect that❗  Sure mind-boggling to come out of your bedroom so talented.  The only other similar who comes to mind is Danielle Bradbery.  From her hairbrush to winning.  It CAN be done & 🤞 Casey does it, too.

Casey Bishop might be the most naturally talented singer *ever* on American Idol. 

A couple other performers have powerful voices, but they leave me cold, kinda like how someone like Andrea Bocelli leaves me cold. They are not as musically compelling as Casey.

I love the way Casey, with her amazing voice, is bringing back the intensity and realness of rock (compared to the corny, formulaic pop songs, with their corny, barf-inducing lyrics, of the last 10 or 15 years.)

Edited by Bobk3333
  • Like 1

This is extremely important. I made 14 additional email accounts to vote for Casey last night. When google put a cap on me, I had to switch to yahoo. If we all do this we have a better shot of getting Casey into that finale. It really doesn’t take that much time. Just come up with a fake name. It’s kind of fun. With all voting methods, I got in 200 votes last night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjeem said:

No offense but your post is all over the place imo lol. She hasn't really had bandzilla issues until Paradise this week and a lot of fault has to go to the band. She's sang back-to-back ballads for half of the live shows so it isn't like she's singing songs where she's straining or destroying her voice. 

The judges haven't really critiqued her other than telling her to own the stage and she has improved in that department. Her stage presence is the best in the competition by a mile so I don't think that's her problem or throwing her off. She can't sing up-tempo rock songs and stand there like Willie lol.

Her live show performances have been leaps and bounds better than whatever she was doing in Hollywood in my opinion. If anything, she went backwards this week and some of those early issues reappeared this week. Her Paradise cover has actually grown on me. Unpopular opinion, but I think I like it more than Ironic. I appreciate what she tried to do with it. However, she was wailing out high note after high note and you can literally see her trying to catch her breath. Same thing with "She Only Talks to Angels" back in the showstopper rounds. Paradise would have been perfect had she taken out some of the high notes and focused on nailing one to two at the end. That's why "Black Hole Sun" worked. It was subtle for 3/4 of the song and then she put her all into nailing the few high notes at the end. I think as she gets older, she will improve and be able to have better breath control to handle big rock numbers, but I don't think she is there yet and she won't be getting there in the next two weeks. Ironic was fine, but she literally threw away a round. That's the kind of song you sing in the victory round when you celebrate getting into the top 12, not in a voting round. 

There's only two weeks left so it isn't like drastically changing strategies will do much. I think majority of viewers have had their favorites picked out for awhile and have not wavered from that. I knew she would have issues because I thought she had the worst set by far even before we saw the performances. She honestly just needs to pick good songs. That's it. You keep saying she needs to be herself, but if anything, she was being herself by picking "Ironic." However, the songs have to be strategic and make sense for a voting round imo. Rock is what she wants to do. I feel like people want her to sing slow songs when she's made it clear she wants to be a rock artist. I just want her to make the finale and then she can come in 3rd for all I care lol. I don't think winning would particularly benefit her. 

• Like 3

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9565738/american-idol-season-19-interviews-top-10/

Born: Feb. 9, 2005 – Fort Myers, Fla.
Favorite Alums: Alejandro Aranda, Haley Reinhart, Laine Hardy, Laci Kaye Booth
Musical Influences: Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith
First Idol Experience: Started watching with Season 10 when she was six years old.

Bishop's earliest memory of music is listening to some specific songs when she was three years old, including "December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)" by the Four Seasons, "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer and "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies. Thanks to her parents, she became aware of the music of Bruce Springsteen and Elvis Presley.

Bishop started singing karaoke when she was in pre-school. "I loved singing and I did a pretty good job for a five-year-old. In middle school I became super-serious about it and knew this is what I want to do." Although she wanted to do paying gigs, she never did in those early days. "In elementary school, I was in student plays and talent shows. Later, I auditioned for America's Got Talent and The Voice and it was 'No, no, no, no, no.' And then in high school, I was in two talent shows during my freshman year, but I was just so nervous. I was nowhere near the confidence level I'm at now."

Bishop attributes her growth to listening to the judges' advice. "When Katy [Perry] said to make that stage mine and get really gritty, I thought I was. But I guess I did that in my next performance because she told me that was my best performance. So I improved."

Bishop makes her own mark in American Idol history, as she was born at 3:12pm on Feb. 9, 2005. Less than five hours later, the seventh episode of season four aired, featuring Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice and the rest of the top 10 competing during Hollywood Week. No other finalist has been born as late as 2005, making Bishop the only top 10 contestant in the series' two-decade history born as late as the middle of the first decade of this millennium.

Edited by aaronjudge
  • Thanks 2

Casey's vocals, we know all about that, not here to discuss that, right now...

Been thinking this over for a few hours, maybe have the words sorted 😂Casey, the inexperienced, untrained, 15 year old. <-- Important bit.  Stage presence is important, that's a given. It's either something developed & cultivated over time or it's instinctive & grows out of innate talent. Casey has stage presence, in spite of (remember?) the important bit.  But then there are the details and THIS is what strikes me as bizarre... her gestures, movements, music sense, timing, facial expressions, it is all so impeccable & perfectly timely & fitting to/for THAT moment of the song.  There is an actress in her, as well as a singer.  There is one other who was the same age who is both actress & singer... and you see the actress 'there' as she sings and that is Chevel Shepard.  With Casey you, also, see an actress coming out of her as she sings.  Anyway, look at, look for the details, where she stomps her foot or turns her head or the look she gives, it's uncanny.  And put it all against the important bit, don't forget 😉.  She is a walking wonder.

Cheers,
Drew

Edited by Drew1903

8 hours ago, joe14 said:

I just want her to make the finale and then she can come in 3rd for all I care lol. I don't think winning would particularly benefit her. 

I want her to win -> because she deserves it.

Winning is not necessary in order to have a great career, but it often helps and certainly doesn’ hurt.

She is only 16 and she already has a big time voice, so the sky is the limit. As she improves, she might turn out to be the best. AI, however, doesn’t carry the weight it once did, although the contestants overall are better than they were before. Even  if she becomes the best it would be hard for her to be on MNF, Broadway, have her own talk show, win tons of Grammies, etc.l

if she wins, all those great women of Rock mentioned in a previous post would essentially be passing the baton to her, to carry for the next 20-50 years

• Like 1

Hey. I was able to get in 200 votes for Casey this week. I created 15 additional email accounts using both google and yahoo. I’m going to create more using yahoo. Google cuts you off after so many. I think us fans should all create as many email addresses as we can to ensure Casey the win. You with me? 

You use the different email addresses to log in and out of the idol app. I got in 200 votes this week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

Casey's vocals, we know all about that, not here to discuss that, right now...

Been thinking this over for a few hours, maybe have the words sorted 😂Casey, the inexperienced, untrained, 15 year old. <-- Important bit.  Stage presence is important, that's a given. It's either something developed & cultivated over time or it's instinctive & grows out of innate talent. Casey has stage presence, in spite of (remember?) the important bit.  But then there are the details and THIS is what strikes me as bizarre... her gestures, movements, music sense, timing, facial expressions, it is all so impeccable & perfectly timely & fitting to/for THAT moment of the song.  There is an actress in her, as well as a singer.  There is one other who was the same age who is both actress & singer... and you see the actress 'there' as she sings and that is Chevel Shepard.  With Casey you, also, see an actress coming out of her as she sings.  Anyway, look at, look for the details, where she stomps her foot or turns her head or the look she gives, it's uncanny.  And put it all against the important bit, don't forget 😉.  She is a walking wonder.

Cheers,
Drew

Stage presence is also not down to science. That is why I am not in favor of the judges changing her, telling her to move around, do this, do that.

That will come naturally with time and experience.  Forcing something on her is slightly throwing her off balance.

Not everyone who has "stage presence" are compelling performers. Sometimes shy and awkward is endearing. Sometimes its not.

Its all about the heart and being real and the audience will feel it.

Right now, she should be herself because that is what got her there.

But my previous post wasn't taken the way it was intended by some users so I'll leave it at that.

35 minutes ago, jjeem said:

Stage presence is also not down to science. That is why I am not in favor of the judges changing her, telling her to move around, do this, do that.

That will come naturally with time and experience.  Forcing something on her is slightly throwing her off balance.

Not everyone who has "stage presence" are compelling performers. Sometimes shy and awkward is endearing. Sometimes its not.

Its all about the heart and being real and the audience will feel it.

Right now, she should be herself because that is what got her there.

But my previous post wasn't taken the way it was intended by some users so I'll leave it at that.

I am not in favor of the judges changing her, telling her to move around, do this, do that.

Agree wholeheartedly.