The Voice 20 ● Premiere - Blind Auditions 1 ● Discussion

istersay

All in all, this was a pretty solid premiere.  Everyone was varying degrees of good, and even the no-chair-turns, the two Madisons, weren't bad.  They just chose the wrong songs for themselves.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 3

My thoughts:

• Kenzie was good but a tad underwhelming (I'd listened to him covering his song from this episode pre-season and preferred that take on it).
  • Dana only getting 45% of the audience to turn IS A CRIME.
  • Cam was really great - hopefully he does well on Team Blake.
  • Christine seems like a sweet gal but I didn't care for her.
  • Madison C. I liked a lot, but she picked the wrong song - that folk lane is a good fit for her, though.
  • Pete's singing voice was not what I expected given his speaking voice.
  • Devan I liked more that I expected to, but I understand him being a one-chair turn.
  • Raine's artistry is really cool but she's 100% Team Gwen material, though since Nick's the closest thing I think that's a smart choice.
  • Madison M. I didn't care for - I think a beltier song or something with more dynamics would've been better.
  • Corey was fantastic, and I'm happy he's back and that he made the show.
  • Victor was very good and he reminds me of a younger John, so Team Legend is the only choice that made sense.
Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It was the mullet wasn´t it ?lol

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Bless your mom ❤️

She's a 80s/90s country purist and she found Kenzie underwhelming considering Keith Whitley's one of her favorite artists, but I still thought she'd enjoy him more than she actually did.

I definitely didn't expect her to like Corey though, so that was a surprise - I'd shown her the sneak peek with Victor and she liked him, but Corey's far enough out of her musical alley that before he went onstage I expected Victor to be literally the one person she liked from tonight 😂

• Like 2

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

As he should be.

Everyone else was forgettable or a generic artist(includes the R&B ones too)

even though i preferred cam to raine, i don't think she falls under either of those categories tbh

but yes, corey was very very good. he gave this sort of rock addition to the pop song but still showed off a more tender pop-ish side to his voice in the beginning... icon honestly

40 minutes ago, Rodney said:

All in all, this was a pretty solid premiere.  Everyone was varying degrees of good, and even the no-chair-turns, the two Madisons, weren't bad.  They just chose the wrong songs for themselves.

Sadly, I think producers chose for them. Overall good singers. Better songs on both of their instagrams. 

• Thanks 1