🌸 Bridgerton 🌸 - Netflix Series

istersay

3 hours ago, miss denise said:

In other news, I got the next three books in the Bridgerton series and have started reading #2. :wub: 

that's cool, so you will know what's coming up  🤩

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

:giggle:❤️ 

that's hilarious!

• 1 month later...

It's all over the news today that Rege will no longer be on the show and Simon will be resorted to an off-screen character. 😐 

I sure hope this is a late April Fool's joke. :/ I will wait to share my thoughts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

It's all over the news today that Rege will no longer be on the show and Simon will be resorted to an off-screen character. 😐 

I sure hope this is a late April Fool's joke. :/ I will wait to share my thoughts. 

my daughter just called and told me tissuesani.gif he's already filming a new movie, and in the works for another Netflix show Dungeons and Dragons. 

I haven't read the books, but her friend told her that after the first book the stories go on about other Bridgerton family members, like they each will get their turn.

I'm so bummed though, it was that couple that kept the show exciting for me

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13887724/reference

Season 2 episode one, Phoebe is listed, he is not unhappy.gif

"Similar to the Julia Quinn novels, each of which focuses on a different Bridgerton sibling and their romantic foibles, Netflix already indicated that Season 2 would follow Daphne’s brother Lord Anthony (Jonathan Bailey) and his quest to find a viscountess. Season 2 begins filming this spring,"

On 4/2/2021 at 3:38 PM, istersay said:

my daughter just called and told me tissuesani.gif he's already filming a new movie, and in the works for another Netflix show Dungeons and Dragons. 

I haven't read the books, but her friend told her that after the first book the stories go on about other Bridgerton family members, like they each will get their turn.

I'm so bummed though, it was that couple that kept the show exciting for me

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13887724/reference

Season 2 episode one, Phoebe is listed, he is not unhappy.gif

That smiley says it all.  :broken: Ugh, I don't like this... he could still do other projects. :( It's true each story focuses on a different Bridgerton child, but the others are still around and some of them were shown much more in season 1 than in the first book, even though they weren't the focus. I am sure they would do the same for each season, so Simon would have been a minor character, but still there. :/ 

I've seen some fans try to explain the announcement with that reasoning that Simon isn't featured much in the following books, but...  if that was the case for him "leaving the show", there wouldn't be any need for an announcement. :unsure:  The fact that all this is happening tells me that they did originally plan to have him play a bigger role than the book character.  To support that - less than a week before the news, I read an interview about the planned storyline for Daphne & Simon in season 2, which was not something from the book. So, I'm sure they wanted to feature them more in the show - both due to the fan demand and because this is how it was in season 1. If the new storyline was too much for Rege, they could have just kept the Simon appearance true to the book. :broken:  I guess they'll just have it that way or still go through with the plan, just without ever showing Simon. 😐 

It just all really angers me, to be honest. :broken:  There's a really fun part in the second book where Daphne & Simon join some of her other siblings (and Anthony's love interest + her sister) for a family tradition game outside.  It's my favorite and now it will be ruined. 😭 

On 4/5/2021 at 11:29 AM, istersay said:

"Similar to the Julia Quinn novels, each of which focuses on a different Bridgerton sibling and their romantic foibles, Netflix already indicated that Season 2 would follow Daphne’s brother Lord Anthony (Jonathan Bailey) and his quest to find a viscountess. Season 2 begins filming this spring,"

Yes. :( I loved the second book too so I am looking forward to seeing this storyline on screen, but....  all this news has me so depressed. :broken:  I will be starting book #3 soon though and maybe it can distract me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, miss denise said:

That smiley says it all.  :broken: Ugh, I don't like this... he could still do other projects. :( It's true each story focuses on a different Bridgerton child, but the others are still around and some of them were shown much more in season 1 than in the first book, even though they weren't the focus. I am sure they would do the same for each season, so Simon would have been a minor character, but still there. :/ 

I've seen some fans try to explain the announcement with that reasoning that Simon isn't featured much in the following books, but...  if that was the case for him "leaving the show", there wouldn't be any need for an announcement. :unsure:  The fact that all this is happening tells me that they did originally plan to have him play a bigger role than the book character.  To support that - less than a week before the news, I read an interview about the planned storyline for Daphne & Simon in season 2, which was not something from the book. So, I'm sure they wanted to feature them more in the show - both due to the fan demand and because this is how it was in season 1. If the new storyline was too much for Rege, they could have just kept the Simon appearance true to the book. :broken:  I guess they'll just have it that way or still go through with the plan, just without ever showing Simon. 😐 

It just all really angers me, to be honest. :broken:  There's a really fun part in the second book where Daphne & Simon join some of her other siblings (and Anthony's love interest + her sister) for a family tradition game outside.  It's my favorite and now it will be ruined. 😭 

Yes. :( I loved the second book too so I am looking forward to seeing this storyline on screen, but....  all this news has me so depressed. :broken:  I will be starting book #3 soon though and maybe it can distract me. 

I'm depressed about it too, I guess I'll just hope they make the season really good, why can't he at least do a couple of cameos?

Sad GIF by Pokémon

On 4/6/2021 at 10:34 PM, istersay said:

I'm depressed about it too, I guess I'll just hope they make the season really good, why can't he at least do a couple of cameos?

Sad GIF by Pokémon

I know I went on a lot so thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. :dead: I had to get it all out somewhere. :lmao::(  But yeah, I won't give up hope that they can somehow make some cameos happen.... even if not next season (but hopefully). 

But now I want to focus on some good news today! ❤️  Bridgerton is officially renewed through season 4! :ohyeah: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I know I went on a lot so thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. :dead: I had to get it all out somewhere. :lmao::(  But yeah, I won't give up hope that they can somehow make some cameos happen.... even if not next season (but hopefully). 

But now I want to focus on some good news today! ❤️  Bridgerton is officially renewed through season 4! :ohyeah: 

oh wow, that's exciting k3719.gif

saw an article that said Rege had creative differences with how his part would be in season 2 and that's why he opted out, but left amicably. oh well

1 hour ago, istersay said:

oh wow, that's exciting k3719.gif

saw an article that said Rege had creative differences with how his part would be in season 2 and that's why he opted out, but left amicably. oh well

😄 

Oh wow, I wonder what that's about. :unsure: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, miss denise said:

😄 

Oh wow, I wonder what that's about. :unsure: 

not sure, but here is the article - it's Page Six so I take it with a grain of salt :giggle:

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/12/rege-jean-page-leaving-bridgerton-over-creative-differences/

"Regé-Jean Page isn’t returning to “Bridgerton” because he didn’t like what the producers had planned for his character, the Duke of Hastings."

1 hour ago, istersay said:

not sure, but here is the article - it's Page Six so I take it with a grain of salt :giggle:

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/12/rege-jean-page-leaving-bridgerton-over-creative-differences/

"Regé-Jean Page isn’t returning to “Bridgerton” because he didn’t like what the producers had planned for his character, the Duke of Hastings."

Ooooh. Not sure what to make of it either since it seems to conflict with other reports. :wacko::unsure:   

I just want to choose happiness and live in my bubble where they might work something out at some point. (!)  For now, I will just look forward to seeing Anthony's storyline in season 2 (and am thankful we still have Daphne :wub: ).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Ooooh. Not sure what to make of it either since it seems to conflict with other reports. :wacko::unsure:   

I just want to choose happiness and live in my bubble where they might work something out at some point. (!)  For now, I will just look forward to seeing Anthony's storyline in season 2 (and am thankful we still have Daphne :wub: ).

Daphne will save the season :lmao::wub: 

Anthony better get his act together, I'm over him and the opera singer, hope he courts some interesting women....and doesn't cheat

• Like 1