American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I was surprised everyone rallied around Think instead of Since I Fell For You. I agree with you, the latter's a much stronger performance.

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

I tried, and changed when it didn't get the support. I agree though it's the stronger performance

MTE on all of this here.

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

You said Top 5 the other day. :dead:  But gah yikes now I feel even worse with this now as I didn't think it was a big favorite amongst Chris fans.

I was trying to hide that in case Alex did a sudden bring back twist! But yes, Innuendo is beloved amongst the Daughtry fans.

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Why did you hate S5? 😮

Probably a combination of leftover bitterness from Carrie beating Bo (I really, really did not like Carrie at the time :haha:), and I just never really connected with most of the cast. Chris and Katharine were the only ones I actually cared about, a large portion of the cast I was "meh" over, and then two of the Top 6 were among my least favourites in the cast. When you consider I'm no longer a McPhan and I didn't like Elliott (my now second favourite)'s Idol run all that much, it made for a very brutal season for me.

Thankfully S6 is next, which is among my favourites. :wub:

Season 5 is the first season where I didn't feel negatively or indifferent towards 99+% of the contestants :giggle:It didn't have a star like Kelly (but no other season achieved that either), but there were so many great performers who were entertaining and knew how to sing. It was an extremely strong season so it probably is my favorite season so far.

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I was trying to hide that in case Alex did a sudden bring back twist! But yes, Innuendo is beloved amongst the Daughtry fans.

OMG LOL I've been wishing for a surprise buyback twist since the Season 2 game. :dead:  

Ooh gah wow i see. Never knew this. :( I saw it kinda had an average score of 51 on WNTS and was one of his lower scoring performance (his 4th lowest). So I thought it wasn't that loved as a whole.

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

200.gif

(which is a reference @*Wallace would get if he'd get around to watching UK2 already)

LOL Oh right....... I will get on that  hopefully at the end of the month or so. :haha: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Ooh gah wow i see. Never knew this. :( I saw it kinda had an average score of 51 on WNTS and was one of his lower scoring performance (his 4th lowest). So I thought it wasn't that loved as a whole.

WNTS has said many times that the Queen show in general suffered from low ratings on the performances because the show wound up being super polarizing.

It was the most polarizing episode until S9's Shania week. :haha:

11 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@*Wallace cut Zendaya in the first DWTS rankdown and made her lose the 4th DWTS rankdown. He is ruthless. :haha: :muwahaha:

OMGG You. What a way to throw me under the bus. :dead:  Although I promise I am not ruthless in this game. :haha: I can admit I am in the DWTS games.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

WNTS has said many times that the Queen show in general suffered from low ratings on the performances because the show wound up being super polarizing.

It was the most polarizing episode until S9's Shania week. :haha:

oooh lmaoo that actually isn't so surprising now that you said this about the Queen show. :haha: Ooh curious about this regarding the Shania episode lol.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Replace TSMGO with "All I Do" and I completely agreed. Though I love TSMGO too but I love AID more. Super bummed "All I Do" never had a shot. :( And yeah.... Paris and Mandisa having in 1 more performance each would have been lovely.

I'm REALLY hoping for this to happen next season. ❤️ 

Well considering I advanced All I Do initially, I would’ve loved that to happen also! We at least voted for it. 💔 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Same. Can't believe someone had the nerves to cut it. 

Same! Innuendo was a harder rock performance from Chris, but vocally it was awesome and I actually predicted he’d sing it at the time. :haha: 

And S5 was my first season so I considered it my favorite for a long time. I think S7 would take that mantle now all thing considered. 

• Like 1

Just now, ~Tom~ said:

Innuendo was a harder rock performance from Chris, but vocally it was awesome and I actually predicted he’d sing it at the time. :haha: 

And S5 was my first season so I considered it my favorite for a long time. I think S7 would take that mantle now all thing considered. 

I honestly still haven't forgiven Simon for saying Queen never sang it because it was a terrible song... when the band was literally unable to do it live because Freddy Mercury was dying. 🙄

S7 is my favourite, too. :wub: Though I think my season rankings would be controversial here. :giggle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

I wish Since I fell for you made it over think!

Replace Since I Fell For You with Until You Come Back To Me, and this is me. :haha: With that said, I would still have SIFFY over Think although Think itself is not a bad performance by any means. I only switched to it because I wanted at least one more Katharine performance in the Top 20 and saw this was the best bet. All things considered, I'm pretty content because four of the five Kat performances I wanted in the finals are there.

Interesting discussion about Innuendo. I thought about cutting it myself but decided to leave it alone. :haha: I never realized it was such a favorite for Chris fans. Having said that, I would have it in the Top 20 over Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman.

The rest of the Top 20 is solid all around. I'm going to have my work cut out for me. :haha:

19 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Interesting discussion about Innuendo. I thought about cutting it myself but decided to leave it alone. :haha: I never realized it was such a favorite for Chris fans. Having said that, I would have it in the Top 20 over Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman.

The rest of the Top 20 is solid all around. I'm going to have my work cut out for me. :haha:

Lol I wish you had done so so I wouldn't have to feel the wrath about that cut. :dead:  😭 But same at learning now at how it's a big fave amongst his biggest fans.

20 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol I wish you had done so so I wouldn't have to feel the wrath about that cut. :dead:  😭 But same at learning now at how it's a big fave amongst his biggest fans.

Innuendo was my second choice to cut :P 

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Interesting discussion about Innuendo. I thought about cutting it myself but decided to leave it alone. :haha: 

49 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol I wish you had done so so I wouldn't have to feel the wrath about that cut.

29 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Innuendo was my second choice to cut :P 

I see we're bring the Daughtry/Kat fanwars back in 2021. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

@ people in GD "I don't care about racism & white supremacy, I just want my favorite Idol contestant to return only to immediately be eliminated again!" 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

59bm3c.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

KKK controversy on Idol?! What the actual f*ck?!

One of the contestants in the Top 5 (the token country guy from South Carolina) had a video go viral overnight from a couple years back of him sitting next to someone in a KKK hood*. They just announced an hour or so ago that he won't be competing on Sunday's show, so naturally people in the GD are like "OMG I HOPE THIS MEANS MY FAVE CAN RETURN" instead of focusing on what's actually happening here.

*or a costume from one of the killers in The Strangers if you listen to his mother