American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

3 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I'll be kind of sad if Will doesn't get any advancements. I had a crush on him as a tween. :haha: 

He was one of my favorite semi-finalists and I liked him too (though no crush :giggle:) :haha:  I have one of his performances in mind but it depends on what else has been chosen. Gonna catch up now.

15 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I told @*Lily and @*Wallace the same thing if we are referring to the same thing. :dead:

Lol I'm not sure what you're referring to as so much has gone down. :dead: 

11 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Constantine deserved. :kalancry:

I totally forgot Jessica Sanchez ever performed this song. :stealth: Constanine > Jessica. :stealth:

You bad Jessica stan. :broken: 

But yeah.... Constantine > Jessica > Kellie on that song. 

19 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Sorry, I've been busy. I will check the thread now and see if anyone requested any changes. 👍

I quoted it a few posts above this. 😛 But Andy wants "In the Ghetto" for Round 4.

ETA: OK I saw you saw it. :haha: 

11 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Wasn’t Paris from Prince’s hometown? That might’ve had something to do with it.

Prince was born in Minnesota and Paris was born in Georgia. Maybe they just had a bigger budget to pay for the use of the song. :dead:

My last choice and hopefully my last song change will be from someone who didn't many standouts, but this was one of them. He was uber hot as well, damn, yeah my song choice...

Butterflies by Ace Young. :muwahaha: I will advanced a song from Mr. Diana DeGarmo. :haha: Ace and Chris were the bromance before Cake and before Phillip and Colton. :giggle:

LOVE IS REAL. ❤️

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Prince was born in Minnesota and Paris was born in Georgia. Maybe they just had a bigger budget to pay for the use of the song. :dead:

Paris was born in Illinois and grew up in Minneapolis (Prince connection). I don’t know where Georgia came from but she was literally in high school in Minnesota at the time of her Idol audition. :dead:

I need to stop waiting til the end to do these so there’s actually things I care about :haha:

Round 2 Picks:

Bucky — “The Thunder Rolls”

Taylor— “You Are So Beautiful”

Paris — “Conga”

Will — “Lady”

Ace— “In the Still of the Night”

• Like 3

Round 2, Pick #3:

Advancing: Elliott Yamin "Teach Me Tonight"

Shocked this wasn’t advanced already. But I always loved this and felt this was an underrated great performance from Elliott. Of course I won’t let this get eliminated on Round 1.

• Like 3

Round 2, Pick #4:

Advancing: Gedeon McKinney "When A Man Loves A Woman"

ROBBED. (!) How he missed out on the finals over Kevin…. I’ll never get it. Gedeon certainly deserves another great performance of his through to the next round, so I am choosing this. 

And now I am stuck on two for my last pick. Will think this through some more. :haha:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

I've heard the way it went down was Paris’s aunt Ann Nesby personally asking permission from Prince's estate or something. Just what I heard. :haha: 

Edited by ~Tom~

So by the end of tonight we still need

@goofycilla90 to make all six picks including her round four pick.

@*Wallace to make one more pick.

@sublymonal to make all six picks including his round four pick.

If we get them all early in the morning we can start round two. Otherwise I'll be gone all day tomorrow and won't get till a randomizer if need be till the evening. Even if we do get them by the morning, I might still be too lazy to go to my laptop before I go out lol so we'll see.

Round 2, Pick 5:

Advancing: Ace Young "That's All"

Was stuck and going back & forth between putting through an Ace or Taylor performance as there’s like 2 I want to push through from each. But went with Ace as he has less performances advanced and also thought this was one of his better ones too. And yeah, I don’t want to hold things up or miss the deadline as I might. 

Hopefully Andrew or Priscilla can put through “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.”

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

Paris was born in Illinois and grew up in Minneapolis (Prince connection). I don’t know where Georgia came from but she was literally in high school in Minnesota at the time of her Idol audition. :dead:

Tell that to Wikipedia.

Advance: Elliott Yamin - Open Arms

Other picks:

Taylor Hicks - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Katharine McPhee - Over the Rainbow (Reprise)

Katharine McPhee - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (Reprise)

Taylor Hicks - Living for the City (Reprise)

Gedeon McKinney - Shout!

• Like 2