@Zoey - 10/20

@*Diana - 13/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 16/20

@Solaris - 17/20

@Alex95 - 17/20

@taylorkat - 17/20

@jarmon - 19/20

Steven

Kudos to Keith Urban for giving Trent a great song choice. Trent's vocals on this song were superb, and he really emoted the song well too. It's been a while since I revisited Trent's Idol journey, so I was reminded how much I really like this performance. This was one of Trent's best.

Wally

This was one of the main performances I was really wanting to advance through and was getting worried that it wasn't moved on. #Bless Lily & Nico for advancing this performance! I was really worried that this would not survive through the solo cuts around so it was a relief not having to worry about that. :haha: I never heard of "Waiting Game" (or even the original artist, Parson James) before Trent sang this song. I think Keith Urban chose this for Trent on the Judges' Choice round, but wow this was such a brilliant and perfect song choice for Trent!

This was a very simplistic performance but all Trent needed was the emotional connection and powerful vocals, both of which he certainly had here. :yes: Right from the first verse, I love how he took his time with singing each line and lyric - and how he sang each word with meaning to it. I do love how he sings the part that goes: I've been working, working, working myself to the bone. He had some powerful grit there.

But the money of this performance was in how he sang the chorus, specifically the part where he showcased his falsetto and sang: There's just this waiting game! And I don't know how to play. :omg:  The way he stretches the "waaiiittttiinnngggg" was just so good.

This was an all around excellent performance from Trent. One of my top favorites from him and I'm glad it's in the finals! And also, you know when a performance gives Jennifer the goosies, then you know it's a great one. :giggle:

Crisis

Although Chandelier (Top 4) is Trent’s most heralded performance, Waiting Game has always been my favorite of his. I haven’t heard of the song or artist before, but I felt Trent did some of his best vocal work of the season here. Admittedly, there were some things about his voice that bothered me here and there, but that wasn’t the case in this performance.

Sola

overrated

Alex

Hmm yeah don't know what performance y'all were listening to. This went nowhere. It was a pretty performance I guess, but far from Trent's best and far one of the top five performances of the season. Trent didn't quite bringing me to church, he just dropped me off somewhere in the back of the parking lot.

4. La'Porsha Renae "No More Drama"

6ni6psO.png

7.6/20

Watch Here

@*Lily - 1/20

@Solaris - 1/20

@*Wallace - 1/20

@Alex95 - 1/20

@taylorkat - 1/20

@hayden98 - 1/20

@1234567890 - 2/20

@goofycilla90 - 2/20

@Crisis - 2/20

@NGM - 3/20

@*Chris - 4/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 5/20

@*Amanda - 5/20

@Steven_ - 7/20

@*Diana - 11/20

@jarmon - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 19/20

@Elliott - 19/20

@totes4totes - 19/20

@Zoey - 20/20

@sublymonal - 20/20

Sola

this is absolutely everything

Wally

101.gif

La'Porsha's "No More Drama" is my favorite performance of Season 15 of American Idol. Thank you to Alex & Gigi for pushing this through into the Top 20! It would have really been such a devastating loss if this performance didn't make the finals. I always loved this song from Mary J. Blige, but this was such a great song choice for La'Porsha that she could relate to with her personal live. She really lived, breathe and sang this song straight from her heart! Right from the opening verse, with her lower register vocal singing, I get chills from her! :omg: I love how she sang the first chorus of the song. I really love that part where she sings: Wanna speak my mind, wanna speak my mind. She reallly starts getting into the powerfulness there but in a subtle way.

She builds the performance up even more and in such a great powerful way when she sings that second verse of the song, where she sings:

Uh, it feel so good
When you let go
Of all the drama in your life
Now you're free from all the pain
Free from all the game
Free from all the stress
So find your happiness

Such great powering in her vocals there! ❤️ I like how she brings the performance down a few lower levels when she sings the next part of the song. That was a needed moment there before she really starts riffing, tearing and SLAYING this song apart! Then the last part of the performance is complete and absolute brilliance!

Right from where she starts singing: And I choose to win. Then how she sings the rest of the chorus? UM, EPIC  ICONIC BRILLANCE! :omg: Then all of those ad-libs she added on her where she sang the "you can't break me" and all of those other lines? Just wow! :omg: This is just such a brilliant and iconic performance from La'Porsha. She gave vocals, drama, emotion, heartbreak, passion, tears.... and just everything. She really gave it her all. This is my favorite performance of the season and definitely one of my favorite performance of this series. :clap: I am certainly rooting for this performance to win. It may or may not achieve that - but hopefully it at least makes the Top 3, as anything lower would be an injustice.

Alex

I had zero fantasies that La'Porsha was gonna win this round, but not even a bronze model for this masterpiece? That feels wrong. "No More Drama" is the last capital m Moment in Idol history. I will go so far and say it tops "Summertime" as the most emotional performance in Idol history. This wasn't just a performance on a singing show. This was a therapy session. This is what art is for. The way La'Porsha put her entire being in this song. The way it builds up till the end. The way she jumps around and let it all out on that stage. The lines she ad libbed! The bravery of how she opened herself up to the world in that very moment. The tears after the performance. This performance is just far beyond this series and easily far beyond everything else we've seen this season. One of the greatest live performances ever.

Crisis

One of the most emotionally charged performances in Idol history, La’Porsha all but practically bared her soul with this one. It was as if she let everyone know what she was going through at the time while simultaneously going through a cleansing process. With all of this said, the most random thing I remember was one of the background singers waving at the end of the performance.

Steven

This was a powerful performance, especially knowing La'Porsha's backstory. This is my favorite La'Porsha performance of the season.

Derek

For her to deliver even more this late in the competition and keep things fresh and exciting is really incredible

Megan

La'Porsha is a really excellent thought experiment in what could have been if she didn't like immediately tank her burgeoning career with homophobic remarks.

3. La'Porsha Renae "Diamonds"

5TJqAQJ.png

7.1/20

Watch Here

@1234567890 - 1/20

@*Diana - 1/20

@goofycilla90 - 1/20

@Crisis - 1/20

@Solaris - 2/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 2/20

@*Chris - 3/20

@Alex95 - 3/20

@NGM - 4/20

@jarmon - 4/20

@*Amanda - 4/20

@*Lily - 5/20

@hayden98 - 5/20

@*Wallace - 7/20

@taylorkat - 8/20

@Steven_ - 9/20

@Zoey - 16/20

@totes4totes - 16/20

@Elliott - 18/20

@sublymonal - 19/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

Crisis

With Diamonds, La’Porsha showed why she was worthy of receiving one of the four Fast Passes this season. When the audience starts cheering after the first line, that’s a good indicator the performance is on the verge of being something special. La’Porsha certainly did not disappoint the rest of the way. Outside of the singing, my favorite part was Kelly grooving to it at the judges’ table. With all of this said, I expect this and her other performances to be tanked for reasons that have nothing to do with her singing.

Sola

love everything she did with the song, a moment.

Alex

Lol @ Kelly pretty much telling America they're trash if they don't give her the win after that :dead:. I mean...tea. This was La'Porsha's best vocal of the season which is probably the highest praise I can give her because holy shit look at all her vocals this season.

Wally

FastDelayedDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif

“Diamonds” is a really gorgeous, amazing and memorable performance from La'Porsha. I was kind of a ~weird fan at first. I think I didn't really get the buzz or hoopla over this performance when I first saw it? I really liked it but something didn't connect with me. Thankfully that's not the case now, as I have grown to really love this over the years. I do love how she showed a modern side of herself with singing some Rihanna. I do love how she did jazz it up to make it her own.

I really love the part where she sings and belts out: I knew that we'd become one right away. Oh, right away. :omg:

I love all of the vocal range and colors she shows in her voice.  I also love some of her vocal ad-libs and the way she sang the latter part of the song, specifically where she sings: 

Eye to eye, so alive
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond

This was really a really outstanding and brilliant performance from La'Porsha. Although I do still prefer like 4 other performances from her, but she is just that brilliant. LMAO I was loving Kelly's comments and her dancing after this performance. :dead:

Steven

Arguably La'Porsha's signature performance of the season. The arrangement was cool and every nuance was on point. She really showcased how talented she is with this performance.

Derek

She doesn't have the biggest vocal range in the world, but the way she is able to move around in her range with the runs and everything is some of the best I've ever heard in my life. Every note is so deliberate and solid and right on key. Really outstanding, a very rare talent. But I will NOT be booboo the fool and see my #1 get tanked while I stand idly by and do nothing. I can't risk that.

2. Sonika Vaid "Bring Me To Life"

MWetyrv.png

6.4/20

Watch Here

@jarmon - 1/20

@Zoey - 1/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 1/20

@*Amanda - 1/20

@Solaris - 3/20

@taylorkat - 3/20

@*Lily - 4/20

@hayden98 - 4/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@Crisis - 5/20

@*Wallace - 6/20

@totes4totes - 6/20

@FrogLenzen - 7/20

@Alex95 - 8/20

@1234567890 - 10/20

@*Diana - 10/20

@NGM - 11/20

@Elliott - 11/20

@Steven_ - 11/20

@goofycilla90 - 13/20

@sublymonal - 13/20

Sola

another little moment. Best Evanescence performance on the show (Sorry Jax)

Crisis

One of the criticisms of Sonika during the season was she looked uncomfortable on stage and lacked stage presence. That clearly was not the case with Bring Me To Life. She looked very assured on stage and the vocals, while not as powerful as Amy Lee, were there. It’s too bad she never got back to this level for the remainder of her run.

Wally

“Bring Me To Life” is not only my favorite performance of Sonika's, but it is also my favorite non-La'Porsha/Trent performance of the season. I absolutely love this performance from Sonika and this performance that always cemented her as my 3rd favorite of the season and it never changed. Who would have thought that Sonika of all people would nail an Evanescence song after all the covers of them done on the show. :dead: But wow Sonika sounded so gorgeous and stunning on the soft opening of the song. I love how the rock music starts building up while she's delivering those beautiful vocals! :wub: But what I do love about this performance was how she grabbed the mic and used the stage to interact and engage with the audience! She wasn't really seen as a ~performer~ but she really let go here. She broke out of the shy performer and showed some good stage presence. I reallly love how she sang the bridge of the song:

Frozen inside without your touch
Without your love, darling
Only you are the life among the dead

I loved the power she had in her voice there! :wub: Then I also loved all of the power and range she showcased after that towards the end of the song! :omg: Then the wayh she ended this was so hautning and dramatic too. This was an amazing performance from Sonika.  I really wish she kept up this momentum with her future performances, but at least she'll always have this moment! 

Megan

Is this actually incredible? Is Sonika actually my second favorite from this season? I just went to her IG and she's super hot now so maybe?

Derek

Singing anything by The Certified Goddess Amy Lee is, IMO, just as brave as stuff like Celine/Whitney/etc. I actually didn't hate this. Fun song choice, decent job. Made her an exciting contestant. 

Alex

I'll give credit to Sonika for taking such a huuuuge risk with this song choice, it couldn't be more out of her comfort zone. This song is waaaay too big for her voice and it ate her up at times, but she fought through it and I don't think it knocked her out at all. I love the song and she did pretty much as well as anyone who's not Amy Lee could do with the song. I was kinda hoping to see this sneak through the back door and win with the way Trent stans played this round, but objectively I also know this didn't deserve to win.

Steven

Sonika's most memorable performance. I think the beginning was the best part as she had some rough moments in the middle, but she still delivered a solid performance. I think she exceeded a lot of people's expectations with this song choice.

1. Trent Harmon "Chandelier"

ShscNYu.png

5.1/20

Watch Here

@FrogLenzen - 1/20

@*Chris - 1/20

@Elliott - 1/20

@Steven_ - 1/20

@sublymonal - 1/20

@NGM - 2/20

@*Wallace - 2/20

@Zoey - 3/20

@*Amanda - 3/20

@hayden98 - 3/20

@Solaris - 4/20

@totes4totes - 4/20

@Crisis - 4/20

@1234567890 - 5/20

@Alex95 - 6/20

@jarmon - 9/20

@*Diana - 9/20

@*Lily - 11/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 11/20

@goofycilla90 - 12/20

@taylorkat - 15/20

Derek

One of the greatest TV vocal performances ever, not just limited to Idol. In my Top 3 all time on this show, maybe higher. Made the 15 seasons of this show so so so worth it. This guy’s voice can literally do anything he wants it to do. He is one of the most gifted vocalists I’ve ever heard. Trent at Top 4 is the best week by an Idol contestant in the history of the show. Justice for Sharp Dressed Man but praise jebus that this survived.

Here's his competition after he performed this:

wrA1yp2_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand

Steven

This was a vocal masterclass. Trent really delivered a beautifully sung and mesmerizing performance with his version of "Chandelier." This song had already become a popular pick on talent shows, but kudos to Trent for doing something different with it and making it his own. I already believed Trent was going to win American Idol before this performance, but "Chandelier" really helped him have the momentum going into the last few weeks to deservedly win the competition.

Wally

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611090738b17f21f25982

The Top 4 Rock/Sia night was such an outstanding night for Trent. As we all are, we're all sad to lose "Sharp Dressed Man" in the process of the game, but at least "Chandelier" made it through to the Top 20! "Chandelier" was such a brilliant performance from Trent. I remember being shocked with the song choice as Trent chose such a big and rangey Sia song but I knew he was capable of it. One of the many things I really love about this performance was the artistry Trent showed with flipping the song around in a completely different arrangement which suited him perfectly. I loved the violin arrangement and how Trent made the song more personal and intimate. He sounded absolutely fantastic on the opening verse of the song. I love how he sang it slow and took his time with the start. He built it up nicely on the "1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3 drink" part. I also really love how he sang the chorus of the song. He sang it so beautifully and showcased so much of his impressive vocal range here. I especially love the parts where he sings:

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier
From the chandelier

I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
Like it doesn't exist

I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night
Feel my tears as they dry
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier
From the chandelier

Wow all such impressive range and vocals from Trent there! :omg: Trent singing the bridge of the song was another fantastic part of the performance, especially the part where he repeats and builds-up:  until morning light, where he hits all of those big notes! :omg:

This is simply just an amazing performance from Trent! I really hope it can make the Top 2. I think it has a great chance of winning. Even though I do prefer a different performance, I would not be mad seeing this performance pull out the win - which I think it can do.

Sola

this is when he won the show.  Beautiful performance!

Megan

LOL actually this is my favorite Trent performance. I think something that really got lost in this season because La'Porsha's vocals are obviously just so amazing that Trent can really sing as well. This is just impressive work by Trent.

Crisis

Considered to be one of the best Idol performances of all time, Chandelier is Trent’s signature performance. The best thing he did was sing an acoustic version instead of the louder and more dramatic version Sia does, especially in the chorus. Speaking of acoustic, the arrangement was lovely and highlighted Trent’s vocals well. I predict this performance will win.

Alex

While I'm personally partial to "Sharp Dressed Man" or "Simple Man" think is obviously Trent's strongest performance of the competition and probably the clincher (though I mean we were coming off a Nick Fradiani win so does a WGWG even need a clincher?). While I'm mad about "No More Drama" being lower than I'd like, I can't be mad about this winning.

Priscilla

cause I can't spell it lol

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 15 - 5-1 Posted)

Trent and La'Porsha are the best top 2 in the history of the show. The sheer talent that they each possess is staggering. It would have been a great way to end the series but ABC decided to open the Book of the Dead and create their zombie version of the show lol

• Like 4

- Really love Trent's Waiting Game and really glad to see this make the Top 5! ❤️ I do wish it could have made it a little higher but this is still a great spot for this. Nice to see 7 Top 3 spots and 15 Top 10 spots for this performance! I usually agree with Alex but he is so wrong and off with his comments here. 😘

- LMAO Gross... I knew La'Porsha's NMD wasn't going to win but to get robbed like this and not even make the Top 3? Y I K E S.  I was hoping for at least 3rd here, so it's really frustrating this only got 4th. :closedeyes: SLAY at 6 #1 and 3 #2 rankings. As well as 14 Top 10 rankings. ❤️ OK at least Alex is back on track with his comments as I agree with everything he said here. :yes: Sola, Crisis & Derek said it all in their comments. And I stand by my comment of this performance not making the Top 3 is a real INJUSTICE.

- I do love La'Porsha's Diamonds but I'm already mad at this beating out "No More Drama" and then her losing out on a rightful Top 2 spot to Sonika (whom I do REALLY like). :|This is a brilliant performance even if it's not my top favorite. Not mad at it getting 3rd on an overall scale though. Aww I'm sad that Derek felt the need to really tank this because I'm sure even without him doing so, that his #1 still would have won - as La'Porsha was gonna get plenty of tanks.

- I was loving seeing Sonika's BMTL rank really well and really high but then for this to beat out No More Drama, all of my excitement and joy for this left. 😐 But 4 #1s for this is fantastic, as well as 10 Top 5 and 16 Top 10 rankings... all fantastic. And wow impressive that this didn't have any ranks below #13. I'm still happy this is the highest ranked non Trent/La'Porsha ranking but this could have been a cute 3rd with NMD in 2nd though? :dead:

- I knew Trent's Chandelier would win and very well done to Trent on pulling out this win. I doooo feel kinda salty about it with how some of his fans tanked La'Porsha for it though - I get it's out of the show reasons which I totally get.  Anywho, this is a brilliant performance, I love this and do think it's a deserving winner. 5 #1s is really impressive here - alongside 10 Top 3 rankings and 17 Top 10 rankings. Those are all such incredible stats. I do like and agree with with everyone's comments here.

1 hour ago, taylorkat said:

I was hoping No More Drama would win, but I am really not surprised it didn't. *slits eyes*

Oooh yeah I was too. Even though I expected Chandelier to win, I don't even know why I had myself hyped up on a chance that No More Drama could win. :lmao: 

37 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Sonika over La’Porsha? What a joke. :dead:

35 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

No More Drama not even in the Top 3? What a joke. :dead:

preach christina aguilera GIF

Victoria telling the WHOLE TRUTH with these posts. :wub: 

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I can never trust @*Wallace. 🙂 Diamonds at #7? 🙂 

Don't get at me where there's others that ranked Diamonds much lower. :dead: 

I put a lot of her other performances higher - like No More Drama, Halo and Come Together, all of which I happen to love more. :haha: 

A black woman testifying on the stage. This was a healing moment got her. The lyric “You can’t rape, you can’t break me. You can’t take her, you could kill me.” Wow. She bared her soul on the stage. This being tanked is sad because of the message and message behind the performance. :closedeyes:

• Like 3