American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol why you pointing out only me rather than all the others that put "The Dance" there? :haha: 

Anywho, you should know my ranking has nothing to do with or against you, as I rank the performances on how I feel. And also have ranked plenty of performances you've advanced at other various spots. :haha: 

Fine if it will make you feel better they are all noted as well. :giggle:

15. Janelle Arthur "I Will"

1CZh09E.png

12.4/20

Watch Here

@QueenKalie - 3/20

@Steven_ - 3/20

@jarmon - 4/20

@JC - 7/20

@Solaris - 7/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 7/20

@#jeah - 8/20

@*Diana - 10/20

@hayden98 - 10/20

@NGM - 10/20

@rdhaley96 - 10/20

@Alex95 - 12/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 13/20

@Crisis - 14/20

@*Chris - 15/20

@*Amanda - 16/20

@Zoey - 17/20

@Elliott - 17/20

@*Wallace - 17/20

@taylorkat - 17/20

@goofycilla90 - 18/20

@sublymonal - 18/20

@1234567890 - 18/20

@*Lily - 19/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

QK

Janelle wasn't the most consistent singer on Idol and I am guessing that held her back a bit but I think her top performances were way better than anything the other people sang. 

JC

I liked her more than Kree, do not understand why she was underrated with Amber when they were superior to their counterparts Kree and Candice. But not sure she has a chance to win.

Sola

absolutely stunning

Kevin

Incredible!

Andy

Vocally she might not be a powerhouse like Candice, Kree, or Amber, but this is so syrupy sweet in the best way. I also just adore this song and love the country girl twist that Janelle added to this. Like I said previously, this is incredible imo

Alex

Very pretty performance, I ended up ranking it much higher than I expected to on my rewatch. Still...country music just isn't for me at all lol

Crisis

A lovely version of this song from Janelle. I liked how she made it more of a ballad and really brought out a more sincere interpretation of the song. I’d like to say this is the groundwork she laid for You Keep Me Hangin’ On later in the season. While I wouldn’t have had The Dance in the Top 20, I have no reservations about this one being here and was low-key hoping this made it.

Chris

Always thought this performance was super underrated so I was surprised that it found its way in the Top 20 - always been a fan of her vocals on this song. 

Elliott

Janelle sounded good on this, but I always thought it was kind of boring and it obviously doesn't hold a candle to Candice/Kree/Angie.

Wally

Janelle sang "I Will" on The Beatles night, which wasn't a song I have ever heard before.  So I was introduced to this song from Janelle. I did think parts of this was a little slow/boring here and there. But I thought she gave a beautiful performance of this song. She sang and connected very well to the song. 

Lily

I thought it was nice, but nice doesn't quite cut it in this top 20, and if I remember this performance by the end of my rankings I will be shocked.

Derek

zzzzzzz way way way out of her league

14. Amber Holcomb "My Funny Valentine"

PAGTPQJ.png

11.84/20

Watch Here

@Zoey - 2/20

@taylorkat - 2/20

@JC - 5/20

@*Wallace - 6/20

@FrogLenzen - 7/20

@hayden98 - 7/20

@*Lily - 7/20

@goofycilla90 - 8/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 9/20

@1234567890 - 10/20

@#jeah - 10/20

@Alex95 - 10/20

@rdhaley96 - 11/20

@NGM - 12/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 12/20

@jarmon - 16/20

@*Diana - 16/20

@Crisis - 17/20

@QueenKalie - 18/20

@*Chris - 18/20

@Steven_ - 18/20

@Elliott - 18/20

@*Amanda - 18/20

@Solaris - 19/20

@sublymonal - 20/20

JC

WORK GURL, I do not know why she was hated on, I found her unbelievably likable, but apparently IDF has an issue with her? And she was done dirty in this rankdown too so apparently so the rankers here are wackadoodle. :bobo: She is the true queen diva of the season, way better than Candice.

Wally

6rTZ.gif

I'm really glad that my group on Round 3 changed the tides to put this performance through to the voting round, and I am super grateful lots of voters voted this through into the finals. I do think Amber was done dirty here and deserves more performances in the finals. But I am glad that this performance made it through - as I do think it's one of Amber's best performances. These classic standards really suits Amber's voice, and she sings them beautifully. I love how rich and soulful her voice is on this song.  She connects really well with the song, But I really love how she builds up the song around the middle/end'ish of this - namely that "are you smarterr than me" and "don't change a hair for me" parts. :omg: Then I love how she belts out those "stay little valentine. stay" part and all of those vocal runs she hits! :omg: Such a moving and absolutely fantastic performance from Amber!

Derek

ending run was weird but otherwise good

Lily

I didn't realise Amber wasn't popular on here and that bummed me out, I guess I wasn't totally shocked seeing as there's other girls on this season I would guess would be bigger IDF favorites. Amber was, perhaps unsurprisingly, my second favorite of the season behind Candice. I really liked this performance, so many great moments and runs. Sometimes I do think that with classic songs like this, less is more, but also she could have got lost in the shuffle if she didn't make her mark on this song, and I thought she did.

Andy

Amber seems to be pretty divisive around here for whatever reason, I think she's a perfectly fine contestant who delivered a lot of flop performances , but she gave some really high caliber vocal moments and imo this might be the best one. She's got a beautiful voice and this is the perfect song to showcase that!

Alex

Very strong performance and great introduction to Amber's journey in the competition. A bit inconsistent, but still solid. Unfortunately, I can't help but compare it to Melinda's version and it just puts Amber's to shame.

Kevin

Fantastic opening performance, at least one of her best ones get to make it here.

Crisis

This is perhaps Amber’s best performance. However, I don’t think it measures up to most of the performances in this Top 20, plus although this may seem unfair, I can’t help but think of Melinda Doolittle’s rendition when it comes to this song.

Chris

She served vocals although I thought it was a tad bit pitchy, and I feel bad for her because I always associate this song to Melinda's flawless rendition.  Overall, it was still a good performance although far from being a favourite of mine. 

Elliott

Meh.

Sola

no thanks

13. Kree Harrison "Stronger"

8DmcoGx.png

11.76/20

Watch Here

@Zoey - 7/20

@sublymonal - 7/20

@1234567890 - 7/20

@#jeah - 7/20

@*Amanda - 8/20

@FrogLenzen - 9/20

@goofycilla90 - 9/20

@NGM - 9/20

@QueenKalie - 10/20

@Elliott - 10/20

@Crisis - 10/20

@JC - 11/20

@jarmon - 11/20

@*Diana - 11/20

@*Chris - 11/20

@Steven_ - 12/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 14/20

@taylorkat - 14/20

@Solaris - 14/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 14/20

@*Wallace - 16/20

@*Lily - 17/20

@Alex95 - 17/20

@rdhaley96 - 19/20

@hayden98 - 20/20

Andrew

I know this is a F*ith H*ll song and if you know anything about me, it’s that I despise F*ith H*ll but I love Kree’s version of this and it is the only one I choose to acknowledge.

Andy

When S12 aired I actually didn't really get the Kree hype (until the very end), I didn't think she had a lot of passion when performing. In hindsight who cares, these vocals are sublime. What a great performance.

Elliott

My husband likes this and he hates Faith Hill, so that's how you know it's good. ❤️

Crisis

Another one of Kree’s stronger (pun intended) vocal showings. The song is on the sucky side (then again, it is Faith Hill so that’s somewhat to be expected), but Kree went out and gave the song some life, especially in the middle of the performance. It’s one of the very rare occurrences in which I enjoyed a rendition of a Faith Hill song.

JC

Honestly she was also overrated, but not as much as Candice. She does have a pure sound to her voice.

Chris

A great vocal performance by Kree - she proved herself as one of the top vocalist of the season, along with Candice.  

Kevin

Really good!

Wally

I'm not really that familiar with the original version of this song, but I did really enjoy it when Kree sang it. She had a nice connection to this song and sang the song very well. The song does start a little slow for me but I do love it where she really starts belting out those "we both will be strrrooonnngggerrr" parts of the song. Those parts are my favorite part of this performance. Really good and pretty performance from Kreedom.

Lily

Beautiful voice, I wasn't quite sold on the performance until she took the vocals up a notch in the second half, but it was certainly a nice performance.

Alex

The performance ended strong, a little boring in the beginning. Overall though, a bit forgettable.

12. Kree Harrison "With A Little Help From My Friends"

Mf0oSO0.png

11.76/20

Watch Here

@Steven_ - 5/20

@#jeah - 5/20

@Alex95 - 5/20

@QueenKalie - 6/20

@*Lily - 6/20

@1234567890 - 8/20

@JC - 10/20

@Zoey - 11/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 11/20

@Elliott - 11/20

@NGM - 11/20

@Solaris - 11/20

@FrogLenzen - 12/20

@*Chris - 13/20

@Crisis - 13/20

@jarmon - 14/20

@goofycilla90 - 14/20

@*Diana - 14/20

@sublymonal - 14/20

@*Amanda - 14/20

@taylorkat - 15/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 17/20

@rdhaley96 - 17/20

@hayden98 - 18/20

@*Wallace - 19/20

Andy

How did I forget this performance existed. Amazing song, amazing arrangement, incredible vocals. This is everything and deserves more love.

Alex

Not me ranking this higher than most Kree stans lmao. Easily my favorite Kree performance (assuming Evidence is excluded). Kree needed to tap into her rock side more often. This is such a showstopping song and if sung right, it's so easy to have a moment with it. Kree nailed this!

Lily

How many Beatles/Lennon McCartney theme nights did this show have?! It feels like there's been one every season lmao. Kree wasn't a main favorite of mine however, I really loved this performance. I love the way it showcased that soulful quality of her voice.

JC

I am bored, but whatever, better her winning than Candice.

Elliott

Lovely performance.

Chris

Always loved this performance especially her vocals especially with the background singers. 

Crisis

This is definitely one of Kree’s strongest performances. I loved that she did the Joe Cocker version because it brought out the bluesy power in her voice. I felt she could’ve done more with the performance; nonetheless, this was still a very good performance and one of her best of the season.

Kevin

I assume this was a filler choice.

Wally

I'm kinda surprised this Kree performance made it through over a few other performances of hers in the Final vote round. It's not a performance I really remembered that well from her and I didn't realize it was so popular amongst Kree fans. But this is a good and solid performance, and she sang it well. With Kree, I think a number of her performances are fairly good and solid but don't do much for me. This kinda fits in that category for me, although I do like this more than some of her performances that missed the Top 20. But I would have preferred having "Don't Play That Song" in over this one (or to a lesser extent, "She Talks to Angels.")

11. Angie Miller "Never Gone"

wfjwZHd.png

11.3/20

Watch Here

@JC - 2/20

@*Diana - 5/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 6/20

@Elliott - 6/20

@goofycilla90 - 7/20

@*Amanda - 7/20

@QueenKalie - 8/20

@taylorkat - 8/20

@*Chris - 9/20

@jarmon - 10/20

@1234567890 - 11/20

@*Wallace - 11/20

@sublymonal - 12/20

@rdhaley96 - 12/20

@FrogLenzen - 13/20

@Steven_ - 13/20

@#jeah - 13/20

@Solaris - 13/20

@Zoey - 15/20

@NGM - 16/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 16/20

@Alex95 - 16/20

@Crisis - 16/20

@*Lily - 18/20

@hayden98 - 19/20

JC

Queen, another phenomenal performance that deserves to win. Would be an amazing winner as well! ❤️ 

Elliott

I mean Colton ain't sh*t to me anymore, but I still loved this performance at the time. LOL forever at the show making Colton and Angie pretend to meet when they'd been friends for years already.

Chris

This performance was the closest to her "You Set Me Free" performance, and it's still a great performance after all these years - it remains one of my top favourite of hers.

Wally

"Never Gone" was a really beautiful performance from Angie. I'm not sure where it stands for me amongst her run - probably in my Top 5 faves from her? She starts the song beautifully, but I do really love how she sings the chorus. She pours a lot of heart and emotion into this performance. But my favorite part is where she sings and powers through the bridge! :omg: She sings that part of the song so well, and the passion there. It's so stunning and good! :omg: This is one of the many performances I forgot how good it was until rewatch.

Derek

this kind of stayed in the same register the whole time, but better than most of these contestants we’ve seen playing piano lol

Andy

Gotta hand it to Angie, this is an absolutely gorgeous vocal performance.

Kevin

I don't even remember this.

Alex

Why does every Angie performance go exactly where you expect it to go? She's just so safe and predictable. One of the most boring contestants ever for me.

Crisis

This is Angie more in her element. Despite not being much of a fan of the song or artist, this was one of Angie’s better performances of the season. She appeared to be more natural and connected in this performance.

Lily

Another good vocal from Angie. I just didn't ever quite get that same sincerity and emotion in her voice, translated to the performance itself. And didn't love the song choice.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 12 - 15-11 Posted)

No real surprises so far. Expected both of Amber's performances to place in the lower end obviously, there were bigger faves of hers I wish made top 20 though. :(

I'm actually kinda more sad about "With a Little Help from My Friends" missing out as I really loved that one on rewatch.

Good spot for Janelle's "I Will" coming in at 15th.

OOoh well I was hoping for Amber's MFV to at least make it to the 2nd set and make it in the Top 15, so I will accept #14 here. :haha: I did boost this up a spot but looking at the points, maybe I didn't have to do so. Awww at all of the Melinda comparisons.... which yeah I totally get as Melinda's version is really iconic so it doesn't really help Amber's version, although this was great on its own. I do wish this could have at least outranked one of Kree's performances but oh well.

Dangg Kree's "Stronger" still managed to make it to 13th despite having no rankings in the Top 6? That's pretty impressive. 😮

Lmao I'm shook at Alex and his comments on ranking WALHFMF higher than most of the Kree stans. :haha: I am about to have a talking to with JC on his Candice shade though. 🙂 I'm pleased that my lesser two faves from Kree showed up on this set as I preferred her 3 remaining performances that are in the Top 10.

Oooh dang, I forgot where I ranked Angie's "Never Gone." I thought it was in my Top 10 at #10 but I see I dropped it down to 11th. Ugh oops me there. I'm fine with this ranking although I wouldn't have minded if this made the Top 10 either.

5 Candice performances in the Top 10!!! :wub: SLAY!

36 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Candice 'Half of the Top 10' Glover! :wub:

Slayyy! :wub: 

35 minutes ago, *Lily said:

No real surprises so far. Expected both of Amber's performances to place in the lower end obviously, there were bigger faves of hers I wish made top 20 though. :(

Yess, same to all of this. :( Even though her best ones still wouldn't have made the Top 10.

33 minutes ago, goofycilla90 said:

MFV really got done wrong here.

It was but it's Amber, so it's to be expected. :closedeyes: 

31 minutes ago, goofycilla90 said:

I think we are all just waiting for lovesong to win at this point lol 

Fingers crossed.

23 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

It better!

I have no real problems with the results so far. Is the third Angie performance which existence I forget still in? If no, then great top 10!

"Who You Are" from Angie is still in.

3 minutes ago, goofycilla90 said:

I don’t see anything else winning lol 

Yeah I'm struggling to see what else to win. Maybe something from Kree would be a challenger but not sure which one from her? I'm still banking on Lovesong though. ❤️