American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

All this drama and nothing has changed for this site in the past 10 years. :haha: All I really have to add is that I'm getting really sick of the term "hater". Such a meaningless insult because it's easier than considering that music is subjective and not everyone is gonna like the same contestants.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, *Amanda said:

All this arguing about Pia, Haley, and Lauren and I’m just happy that they account for 7 of this season’s top 9 performances. :dead: 

Me when I came in here to see the results and saw pages of more arguing:

Amy Poehler Popcorn GIF

Lmao I'm in the same boat as you. I like them all and they were amongst my favorites, so I'm just sitting back and watching. :dead:

5 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

All this drama and nothing has changed for this site in the past 10 years. :haha: All I really have to add is that I'm getting really sick of the term "hater". Such a meaningless insult because it's easier than considering that music is subjective and not everyone is gonna like the same contestants.

agreed lol just because you don’t care for a person doesn’t make you a hater

all this complaining and Haley’s performances all made

top 5. If anything I did you all a favor by making her have less lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

And she's way more successful in real life as well! 

Haley's has a more broad appeal and has had more mainstream success than Lauren whose just known in small Country circles (and a random DWTS appearence with Christie Brinkley's daughter so I would hardly call that a big success lol)

Edited by Alex95

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Haley's has a more broad appeal and has had more mainstream success than Lauren whose just known in small Country circles (and a random DWTS appearence Christie Brinkley's daughter so I would hardly call that a big success lol)

Haley is doing alright for herself no doubt but you are definitely underselling Lauren.

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Haley is doing alright for herself no doubt but you are definitely underselling Lauren.

Idk maybe. Neither of them charter very well on the US chart after their debut albums. But it looks like Haley has charted more times through postmodern jukebox or features than Lauren had (like I said, outside of Country charts).

Just now, Alex95 said:

Idk maybe. Neither of them charter very well on the US chart after their debut albums. But it looks like Haley has charted more times through postmodern jukebox or features than Lauren had (like I said, outside of Country charts).

Haley also had her cover of Can’t Help Falling in Love be used in that Spearmint ad campaign which earned her a lot in revenue.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

As someone who never watched Idol I can say that I knew who Lauren was and didn't know who Haley was till I looked her up. And this was before I even got heavy into country music. 

Edited by QueenKalie

I do agree that Haley has broader/wider appeal over Lauren. But Lauren's career is pretty successful and going well. Not a Kelly or Carrie level, but she's one of the Idol alums I see constantly on various TV shows and award shows.

Both are doing well in different ways. :yes:

Honestly I still remember when Haley returned for the alumni duets in S15 and Jennifer Lopez was all “omg we loved Haley, we thought she was going to win season 10!” in her comments afterward. :giggle:

Followed immediately by IDF taking it as an attack on her when neither of her partners advanced

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Honestly I still remember when Haley returned for the alumni duets in S15 and Jennifer Lopez was all “omg we loved Haley, we thought she was going to win season 10!” in her comments afterward. :giggle:

Followed immediately by IDF taking it as an attack on her when neither of her partners advanced

I reference this in one of my comments in the upcoming rankings.  :haha: J-Lo's revisionist history!

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

I reference this in one of my comments in the upcoming rankings.  :haha: J-Lo's revisionist history!

JLo acting like Haley was her favourite as if she didn’t make Idol being back Stefano for a guest performance twice.