American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

He had been preparing My Hero by Foo Fighters but they didn’t receive clearance in time so he had to switch to Innocent.

Thanks for this. :hug: i never heard that song either.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

He had been preparing My Hero by Foo Fighters but they didn’t receive clearance in time so he had to switch to Innocent.

That would've been great. I don't think anyone's ever sung Foo Fighters on Idol which is a shame, because Everlong is epic. 

Edited by ~Tom~

2 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

That would've been great. I don't think anyone's ever sung Foo Fighters on Idol which is a shame, because Everlong is epic. 

They cleared a song for Josh Kracjik to do on XFUS, but that’s about it.

Omgg this new wildcard twist is SO scary. Lmaoo I have no idea how to go about this. 🙈 :dead:  The fact that only 3 of these 9 performances survives is really scary. :shiver:

Also Omg finally in a group with Lily! :spaz: :wub: And happy to be paired up with Victoria again too! ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

That’s a lie because you’ve participated in reduxes I ran where this song was chosen. 🙂

LMAOO at the call out. :dead:  OK You know better than me. :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Roshani's "The Pretender" from Australian Idol 6 was REALLY good too! :wub: 

17 minutes ago, Solaris said:

ROBBED GODDESS!

Dami Im (ugh) also did it on X Factor Australia and it ended being her only good performance if you ignore the parts where she shouted

If only US singing shows had looser licensing laws like the UK and Australia. :broken:

Alright, so our group agreed on everything relatively quickly. I'm happy things went actually smoothly this round. :P

Round 3 Cuts:

- Jason Castro: "Michelle"

- Ramiele Malubay: "I Should Have Known Better"

- David Archuleta: "You're the Voice"

Penultimate Round Pick:

- David Cook: "Eleanor Rigby"

• Like 1

Just now, Elliott said:

My head canon is that she picked this to dedicate to all of her song choices that season.

This was actually my favorite performance of her's to be honest, minus her first/only legit good one. It was cute lol.

I looked down the random.org list and was like "Oh cool, I'm finally working with Elliott!" only for the gap between us to be the cutoff. :haha: I'll message Jordan_Fan here in a bit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Foo Fighters been done a couple times on the voice I think.

Nirvana has, but FF hasn’t.

I think Mark Burnett has a personal relationship with someone involved in Nirvana’s licensing because contestants on Rock Star sang Nirvana too.

13 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

This was actually my favorite performance of her's to be honest, minus her first/only legit good one. It was cute lol.

I looked down the random.org list and was like "Oh cool, I'm finally working with Elliott!" only for the gap between us to be the cutoff. :haha: I'll message Jordan_Fan here in a bit.

It was my 2nd favorite from Ramiele. Agreed it was a cute performance. ❤️ 

Oh wow you and Elliott haven't worked together yet? 😮 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

It was my 2nd favorite from Ramiele. Agreed it was a cute performance. ❤️ 

Oh wow you and Elliott haven't worked together yet? 😮 

I’ve still yet to work with Andy, Amanda, Andrew, Diana (I think?) or Kevin.

I don’t recall being with Tom either, and this is my first time working with Chris.

Edited by Elliott

11 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I’ve still yet to work with Andy, Amanda, Andrew, Diana (I think?) or Kevin.

I don’t recall being with Tom either, and this is my first time working with Chris.

Ahhh I seee. Steven is now the only one I haven't worked with who's been apart of this all game. 😢  Also Andy & Rei (and none of the S7 newbies yet).

You worked with Tom.... in the group us 3 were paired up with on the first group work on Season 2. :yes: