@*ChrisĀ - 14/20

@jarmonĀ - 15/20

@*DianaĀ - 15/20

@JCĀ - 16/20

@SolarisĀ - 16/20

@1234567890Ā - 17/20

Ā 

Lily

This is my second favorite performance of Candice's, she truly dominated that night of competition (and all season let's be real). It's just such a gorgeous vocal of a classic song.

Ā 

Alex

"ACCEPT ME FOR WHAT I AM!!!!!!!" SING IT GURL!!!!!!!! I remember watching this live and she finished that and I was like "Wow what a moment for Candice ^_^" completely oblivious to what we were about to witness an hour later. Top 6 Candice is truly the greatest night for any contestant in Idol history.

Ā 

Wally

Candice had arguably one of the best two performances performed by an Idol contestant on the same night (with "Don't Make Me Over" and "Lovesong"). I won't say that she had THE best night of two performances myself but it's certainly up there. Both performances are incredible, but I do feel bad for this one because I do feel like "Don't Make Me Over" gets overshadowed by "Lovesong," but I am glad Lily & Andrew pushed this into the finals. I mean I'm sounding like a broken record here but Candice delivered an incredible soulful vocal here, and connected so beautifully to the song. She sang and made this look so effortless. I love all of the vocal range she showcases here. I especially love those parts where she hits that high falsetto notes and then transitions into some incredible belting vocals!Ā :omg: Just one of the many outstanding performances from Candice.

Ā 

Crisis

Candiceā€™s Top 6 showing was the best two performance night, only rivaled by LaToyaā€™s Top 5 Week in S3, IMO. Her first performance Donā€™t Make Me Over was one of her best performances of the season. I liked how tender she was at the beginning before taking it to the next level towards the end where she sang the ā€œaccept me for what I amā€ part. At one point, I preferred this to her other performance that night (do I need to mention what her other performance was); obviously that is no longer the case.

Ā 

Andrew

Candice nailed the emotion on this one and sang it impeccably. Another one of my absolute favourites of all time.

Ā 

Andy

This performance has the most epic build up. Pure vocal perfection, like damn Candice is one of the greatest vocalists I've ever heard

Ā 

Kevin

Slayed. Dead.

Ā 

Elliott

The fact that this was the lesser of Candice's Top 6 performances is insane to think about. Poor Kree and Angie really stood no chance. (And Janelle and Amber, but we knew that already.)

Ā 

Chris

As always, Candice provided some vocals out of this world - it's not my top favourite of hers hence why I have it at the spot that I have it. If we were ranking this purely on vocal performance, it would have been in my Top 5.

Ā 

JC

omgod falling asleep per usual. šŸ˜“

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4. Janelle Arthur "You Keep Me Hangin' On"

9fhe0Ve.png

8.3/20

Watch Here

@QueenKalieĀ - 1/20

@Steven_Ā - 1/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 1/20

@*ChrisĀ - 3/20

@#jeahĀ - 3/20

@hayden98Ā - 4/20

@SolarisĀ - 4/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 4/20

@1234567890Ā - 5/20

@*AmandaĀ - 5/20

@NGMĀ - 7/20

@Alex95Ā - 7/20

@JCĀ - 8/20

@CrisisĀ - 8/20

@jarmonĀ - 9/20

@*LilyĀ - 9/20

@*WallaceĀ - 9/20

@rdhaley96Ā - 9/20

@goofycilla90Ā - 12/20

@*DianaĀ - 12/20

@sublymonalĀ - 15/20

@ElliottĀ - 16/20

@ZoeyĀ - 18/20

@FrogLenzenĀ - 19/20

@taylorkatĀ - 19/20

Ā 

QK

Janelle I wasn't familiar with till I started watching the Idol Youtube videos and I am glad I did because I listened to her song with Dolly "Hand Me Downs" on Spotify and it's a really good song. She might be a bit of a late bloomer but I am glad that she got a record deal from that song and is getting some recognition because of it so that's great.

Ā 

Chris

This has always been my favourite non-Candice or non-Kree performance. And it's one of the performance from this season that I have revisited the most over the years - it was easily her best vocal performance. Honestly, I wish she could have delivered more performances like this where she comes up with her own version while still keeping her identity & sound.

Ā 

Andy

This performance gives me chills and everything about it is haunting perfection. Janelle is honestly an underrated vocalist, she wasn't the most exciting most of the time but then she pulled this out of her hat and it stands with the greatest performances from Candice and Kree.

Ā 

Sola

her best performance, so happy this advanced. Ā Brilliant take on an otherwise unimpressive song. Best version done of this song on any idol stage.

Ā 

Kevin

F*CKING INCREDIBLE My favorite interpretation of this song that I've ever heard.

Ā 

Alex

Really just such a brilliant arrangement. Janelle had been extremely underwhelming up to this point, to put it mildly. But with this performance, she put her mark on the Idol stage. Genius.

Ā 

JC

Nice beginning, she was definitely more current than Kree.

Ā 

Crisis

I always thought this was one of S12ā€™s best performances and never got the credit it deserved. I think it probably would if it came from anyone other than Janelle. She took a well-known Supremes classic tune and completely flipped it on its head. I would go as far as saying it was the best performance of the night (excluding the epic group performance of I Canā€™t Help Myself, of course :giggle:).

Ā 

Lily

I had no recollection of this performance and when I saw she did this song I thought 'alright, cool! Something fun and upbeat!'. And then I saw her sat with that dang guitar and my excitement dropped. However - as much as I would have liked to have seen her step out of her comfort zone, I actually liked this a lot and clearly shows how little I paid attention to Janelle the first time for not remembering it. It was a cool arrangement that didn't just feel slowed down for the sake of it, it works with the lyrics.

Ā 

Wally

While I am certainly not that huge on Janelle Arthur like some people are, I will always love and appreciate this performance so much. Janelle was good before this but she really impressed and blew me away here. This is normally the cursed song on Idol as a number of people got eliminated from this song + those versions of this song were average performances. But Janelle transformed this song, made it her own and gave by far the best version of this song done on Idol! I love how she made this song her own turning it into an emotional country ballad with a simple acoustic arrangement. She just really emoted and sang the song straight from her heart. She gave one of her best (if not her best) vocal performances. I loved all of the vocal range she showcased here. I do love how she closed this performance going into a falsetto note and then belting out that last big note!Ā :omg: No doubt this will do really well here but I do hope it's Janelle last standing performance here.Ā 

Ā 

Elliott

Not the best vocally, but the arrangement was easily the most original part of the S12 finals. The way she took an overdone song and actually made a good country arrangement? KKKristy Lee Cook is shook!

Ā 

Derek

meh. arrangement is all over the place. just stop

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3. Kree Harrison "Up To The Mountain" (Reprise)

xaRp4S7.png

6.2/20

Watch Here

@*ChrisĀ - 1/20

@#jeahĀ - 1/20

@jarmonĀ - 2/20

@goofycilla90Ā - 2/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 2/20

@ElliottĀ - 3/20

@NGMĀ - 3/20

@SolarisĀ - 3/20

@CrisisĀ - 3/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 4/20

@sublymonalĀ - 4/20

@1234567890Ā - 4/20

@*AmandaĀ - 4/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 5/20

@JCĀ - 6/20

@Steven_Ā - 6/20

@*DianaĀ - 8/20

@hayden98Ā - 8/20

@rdhaley96Ā - 8/20

@taylorkatĀ - 11/20

@ZoeyĀ - 12/20

@Alex95Ā - 13/20

@*LilyĀ - 14/20

@*WallaceĀ - 14/20

@FrogLenzenĀ - 15/20

Ā 

Chris

Not only is this my favourite Kree performance, it is also my favourite performance of the season - it's actually tied with Candice's "I (Who Have Nothing)". Ā This one was by far her best performance vocally speaking, and again, you could feel every words that she was singing. And not only is this my favourite performance of Kree's and of the season, but it's also one of my favourite rendition of the song.Ā 

Ā 

Andy

I remember being on the fence with Kree all season long and then watching this performance and immediately stanning her. This is so soulful, passionate, and gorgeously sung. I'm a sucker for a performance with a choir too which helps lol. I feel like this is too short though because just when it was really picking up steam it endedĀ :( Still though, my favorite performance this season for sure.

Ā 

Elliott

One of the rare reprises that was better than the original performance even if both should've made the Top 20, don't @ me. I got chills watching it on TV, and hearing her perform it live in person truly did exorcise my demons.

Ā 

Sola

better then her original, which is hard to do. Ā Stunning vocal and an emotional performance.Ā 

Ā 

Crisis

For the most part, reprises donā€™t tend to be as good as the first performances of contestants. However, there were two exceptions this season. As solid as Kreeā€™s first rendition of Up To The Mountain was, the finale reprise was even better. It was a classy and beautiful vocal from Kree, and although one of the criticisms of Kree was it seemed she didnā€™t put in much effort or emotions in her performances, that wasnā€™t the case here. In any other season, this may have been her crowning moment, but here she was up against a true force of nature. Still, it was a nice final performance from her.

Ā 

QK

This was a very good performance and I think it was her best. I think technically Kree is one of the strongest singers out there and she was always very consistent which is good. My one small complaint was when I listened to all her performances back to back they all kinda blended in together and that got a little boring.

Ā 

Andrew

Like Candiceā€™s finale reprises, Kreeā€™s was an improvement on the original and on the big stage, she definitely took us to church, especially when she nailed the key change and the song just soared.

Ā 

Kevin

WHY WAS THIS SO AMAZING OMG

Ā 

JC

I guess this is probably the performance of hers that could possibly win? Better her than Candice.

Ā 

Alex

Strong performance from Kree here, she was completely in her wheelhouse.

Ā 

Lily

A great ending for her. A strong performance which encapsulated her journey well.

Ā 

Wally

Kree sang "Up To The Mountain" earlier in the season as well as later in the season. I don't really know which version I prefer, but it's nice how this made it into the finals. Kree sang this beautifully and really connected well to the song. I will say, the start is nice but doesn't do a whole lot for me. But I do love it when she starts belting out the song and really starts getting it. I do love the different vocal choices she shows in her vocal range. Very lovely performance from Kreedom.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2. Candice Glover "I (Who Have Nothing)" Reprise

JVoOrxv.png

4.6/20

Watch Here

@goofycilla90Ā - 1/20

@NGMĀ - 1/20

@rdhaley96Ā - 1/20

@*ChrisĀ - 2/20

@sublymonalĀ - 2/20

@ElliottĀ - 2/20

@*WallaceĀ - 2/20

@#jeahĀ - 2/20

@SolarisĀ - 2/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 2/20

@CrisisĀ - 2/20

@hayden98Ā - 3/20

@Alex95Ā - 3/20

@*AmandaĀ - 3/20

@*LilyĀ - 4/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 4/20

@jarmonĀ - 5/20

@taylorkatĀ - 5/20

@FrogLenzenĀ - 6/20

@ZoeyĀ - 6/20

@1234567890Ā - 6/20

@*DianaĀ - 9/20

@Steven_Ā - 9/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 12/20

@JCĀ - 20/20

Ā 

Chris

My favourite version of the song that has been done on the show - one of my all-time favourite performance on top of being my favourite performance of this season. Anyway, it was FLAWLESS - I am rooting for this performance to win.

Ā 

Andrew

The S12 finale reprises were EVERYTHING and that fact that both Candice and Kree improved upon their original performances made the whole season worthwhile. This is the moment Candice sealed the deal.

Ā 

Elliott

One of the rare reprises that was better than the original performance even if both should've made the Top 20, don't @ me. That a cappella beginning where she showed what her voice was capable of, followed by her just unleashing the strength of her voice at the end? Legends only.

Ā 

Wally

I am glad that Nico & I were able to advance through Candice's "I (Who Have Nothing)" Ā because I would have been devastated if this got cut on the Petty cuts round. I really loved both versions from Candice and would have been fine with either version making the finals. But I do think Candice slightly improved an incredible performance into an even more incredible performance. I love how she added an a capella intro to this version, which makes this performance even more haunting and bone chilling. Her voice is so strong and clear - and really commands your attention. I love how she belts out "with nothing to give you but IIIIIIIIII" part.Ā :omg: I love how she then sings the bridge of the song, and sings it with all of that power to her voice. :omg: She pours so much passion and emotion into this. Then she hits some more insane power vocals which blows my mind. I also love how she hits a little softer note in there in between all of her power singing. This was just an incredible performance that gave her her well deserved win! :clap:

Ā 

Andy

Lol make the beginning of a performance a capella and suddenly it becomes a moment. Siobhan Magnus her impact!!! Every version of this song that has been sung on the show has been a 10/10 and this is no exception. Candice has this immense power to her voice and this is the perfect song to allow her to belt her heart out. Maybe I just live for the drama of this song but I actually prefer this to Lovesong.

Ā 

Sola

Brilliant reprise. Ā The acapella start, she made it different from her first version. Ā Absolutely stunning in every way. Ā The trifecta of brilliant performances of this song with Jordin and Haley.

Ā 

Kevin

GENIUS AMAZING BRILLIANT SNATCH WEAVE BEST FINALE PERFORMANCE EVER

Ā 

Crisis

OK, the Top 10 version was an outstanding performance and wouldā€™ve been a great addition to the Top 20 in its own right. Because of this, I was kind of skeptical when Candice chose to reprise this for the finale because I didnā€™t think she would be able to improve from the first time. I will gladly take my crow deep fried with a side of fries please.Ā :haha: Not only did she improve on it, she completely changed it up and made it different. The a cappella intro was bone chilling, and the rest of the vocals were even better than the original. This performance showed Candice wasnā€™t leaving anything to chance and was determined to walk out the building with the S12 title.

Ā 

Alex

The little trio of flawless "I (Who Have Nothing)" performances on Idol is so random, but I'm obsessed with it. Three completely different interpretations, but each one flawless. How could you not vote for Candice after this flawless performance? She is something else :wub:

Ā 

Lily

Just absolutely exceptional. There were some great performers in this season but nobody held a candle to Candice for me. She's one of the best vocalists on any singing show I've seen and deserves to be showered with accolades and attention.

Ā 

QK

This was my favorite Candice performance. She's my 4th favorite so that's why it's only 12th for me but I do think she's talented.

Ā 

JC

IĀ honestly do not know which of my bottom 2 is more overrated, but Candice is most likely going to Carrie her way to the win anyway šŸ¤® She oversings this as she does every song, just not my cup of tea, there's not enough taste and balance to me. There are too many versions of this song that are miles better, even if you just think of the times it was sung on American Idol. There are multiple times where this had rough spots and she loses control. It perplexes me why it is so overrated by so many people. Anyways, too bad it wasn't cut before the final ranking.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1. Candice Glover "Lovesong"

82dpPD5.png

3.9/20

Watch Here

@FrogLenzenĀ - 1/20

@jarmonĀ - 1/20

@ZoeyĀ - 1/20

@hayden98Ā - 1/20

@*LilyĀ - 1/20

@sublymonalĀ - 1/20

@ElliottĀ - 1/20

@*WallaceĀ - 1/20

@SolarisĀ - 1/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 1/20

@Alex95Ā - 1/20

@*AmandaĀ - 1/20

@CrisisĀ - 1/20

@1234567890Ā - 2/20

@taylorkatĀ - 3/20

@rdhaley96Ā - 3/20

@goofycilla90Ā - 4/20

@#jeahĀ - 4/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 5/20

@*ChrisĀ - 6/20

@*DianaĀ - 7/20

@NGMĀ - 8/20

@Steven_Ā - 10/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 14/20

@JCĀ - 19/20

Ā 

Zoey

An iconic masterpiece.

Ā 

Lily

Greatest performance in Idol history. This placing anywhere under #1 will be the greatest injustice in an IDF game, and no I'm not being dramatic! It is just an utterly flawless rendition. The Cure's original rendition is fantastic, Adele then came and put her own mark on it amazingly, but IMO Candice brought it to a whole other level. Her rendition on her album is also just sublime. Not enough words to say how much I adore this performance and hope it gets the love it deserves.

Ā 

Andrew

Undeniably the best performance of the season and one of the best of all time. So good she exorcised the WGWG demons from the auditorium that night.

Ā 

Elliott

The greatest performance in Idol history. I got chills watching it on TV, and hearing her perform it live in person truly did exorcise my demons.

Ā 

Wally

anigif_enhanced-2353-1428952643-7.gif

Candice Glover "Lovesong" is undeniably such an amazing and incredible, and definitely the performance of the season imo. I am sure a lot of us predict this to win, and it may be the predictable winner - but it really does deserve to win. I am certain there will be some tankers here but hopefully it doesn't rob this of it's rightful win. I will be judging those people hardcore with that disrespect. I do feel this performance will get the most #1 rankings over any other performance, or so I hope so. I do also have to thank Alex & Amanda for advancing this through into the finals, because it would have been criminal not having this in the Top 20.

Ā 

I will admit, I like "Lovesong" as a song but was never really that crazy about. That all changed once Candice sang this, as she made me appreciate this song more. She put this song into a whole new light and delivered such an outstanding performance here. I love how she took such an unexpected song choice and made it her own. I love the arrangement, I love her emotional connection but I love her vocal delivery even more here. I love all of the different vocal dynamics and range she showed here. She showed lots of colors and shades to her voice! She poured so Ā passion into this. The way she sang that "however far away" and "however long I staayyyyy" parts were insane. :omg::dead: Randy's reaction was me there. Candice just gave a perfect amamzing vocal from start to finish. I got chills all over! Mariah also sprinkling glitter on Candice was deserved because Candice delivered a performance of a QUEEN! she truly delivered one of the best performances in American Idol history right here!Ā :omg: It's kind of a shame only Randy commented on this but his comment of calling it one of the greatest performances of the history of this show really said it all. And Candice's crying after this was so touching.

Ā 

Sola

IĀ maintain this is the best American Idol performance ever.

Ā 

Kevin

I'm just going to be simple and blunt: this is the greatest performance in American Idol history.

Ā 

Alex

I was gonna say everyone who ranked this below first place is a hater, but I'm gonna be kind. Instead I'll say everyone who ranked it below top three should not be considered a fan of musicĀ šŸ™‚. The GOAT performance from the GOAT. And the demon noise absolutely adds to the ~experience~ of the performance so embrace it!

Ā 

Crisis

tenor.gif?itemid=4485025&f=1&nofb=1

The gif alone says all thereā€™s need to be said about the performance.

Ā 

You know a performance will be a moment when the audience starts cheering halfway through the first verse. Candice pulled out just about every trick in her arsenal and was able to put it all together for this much celebrated Idol performance. The best part about this is that it sounded completely different from any other rendition of a song that has been redone over the years. Even the demonic-like feedback in the middle of the performance didnā€™t detract from it; heck, I think it enhanced it somewhat. When you give a performance that has one of the most prolific vocalists walk on stage and sprinkle glitter on you afterwards, you know you did something impressive. With everything said, itā€™s completely understandable why this is considered to be one of the greatest Idol performances of all time if not the absolute greatest.

Ā 

Andy

Adele who?? Jk don't come for me Vicky.Ā :giggle: I'm torn on if I think this performance is actually going to win, I see people tanking this but come on realistically this is one of the best performances in the history of the show. A true vocal masterclass. That random freaky demon voice in the middle ALWAYS throws me off though and makes this not as enjoyable for me to watch lol.Ā 

Ā 

Chris

Flawless rendition and there's a reason why this performance is referred to as one of the GOAT.Ā 

Ā 

JC

I honestly do not know which of my bottom 2 is more overrated, but Candice is most likely going to Carrie her way to the win anyway šŸ¤® This just was not anything special to me, I was not impressed. It perplexes me why it is so overrated by so many people. Anyways, too bad it wasn't cut before the final ranking. I decided it was marginally better than the performance at 20.

Ā 

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 12 - 5-1 Posted)

No complaints with the results - it played out as I expected.Ā 

I essentially bumped down LoveSong from a spot or two as I felt some performances needed a higher ranking & I knew I didn't need to worry about Lovesong!

Ā 

I'll just ignore JC's rank.Ā 

6 minutes ago, #jeah said:

So Iā€™m not a fan of music because I ranked Lovesong 4th? :unsure:

Right ? And despite me praising it as one of the GOAT.

Ā 

Sorry that I had some of my favourite performances in the top 20, beside lovesong, I guess?Ā 

• Like 1

I am taking solace in the fact that my rank singlehandedly kept Candice from getting the highest averageĀ :giggle:

Ā 

Anyways, I will be taking a season off because of this horrendous result (jk I just don't care about next season)

Ā 

13 minutes ago, #jeah said:

So Iā€™m not a fan of music because I ranked Lovesong 4th? :unsure:

Ā 

Everyone has different opinions. Alex's feelings are legit how I feel about everyone who ranked Lovesong in their top 3 so šŸ˜›Ā take it with a grain of salt. Much like many people take my comments ā¤ļøĀ 

4 minutes ago, JC said:

I am taking solace in the fact that my rank singlehandedly kept Candice from getting the highest averageĀ :giggle:

Ā 

Anyways, I will be taking a season off because of this horrendous result (jk I just don't care about next season)

Ā 

Ā 

Everyone has different opinions. Alex's feelings are legit how I feel about everyone who ranked Lovesong in their top 3 so šŸ˜›Ā take it with a grain of salt. Much like many people take my comments ā¤ļøĀ 

I am cool cool in JC's book then so mission accomplished. :giggle: