American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Really happy for David, I mean he had a glass closet lol but still, it must have been a huge struggle for him to come to terms with his sexuality. Seems like he came out to his family around the same time I did, although I was public about it from that moment on.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Me: How do I use this to benefit my faves??

YASS look at Cook and Carly being supportive in the replies! We! Stan! Allies!

I saw Melinda, Brooke and Jordin as well!

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Me in the S6 game: Why do we need any Jordin performances in the final vote?

Me now: #neverforgot that time Jordin, Gina and Haley Scarnato performed at a gay wedding and Jordin clapped back at all the homophobes in the comments.

Me? Fickle? Never.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Me: How do I use this to benefit my faves??

YASS look at Cook and Carly being supportive in the replies! We! Stan! Allies!

I didn't see Carly's reply yet 😮 (Not that I ever expected her to be anti-gay, of course.)

I figured Cook's known for a while. He and Archie only live twenty minutes apart in Nashville and have dinner together every month apparently. :dead:

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I didn't see Carly's reply yet 😮 (Not that I ever expected her to be anti-gay, of course.)

I figured Cook's known for a while. He and Archie only live twenty minutes apart in Nashville and have dinner together every month apparently. :dead:

Carly's comment was a reply to Brooke's, I believe.

I think most of his close friends and season-mates have known for a while lol. I was reading sometime last year that Melinda helped Archie with mental health and therapy recommendations while he was struggling with post-Idol fame. ❤️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Carly's comment was a reply to Brooke's, I believe.

I just realized I had to click the "show more" because I only see comments from verified users.

Why isn't Carly verified? 🙂 🙂 🙂 I say, ignoring that it's a process she has to start.

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Me in the S6 game: Why do we need any Jordin performances in the final vote?

Me now: #neverforgot that time Jordin, Gina and Haley Scarnato performed at a gay wedding and Jordin clapped back at all the homophobes in the comments.

Me? Fickle? Never.

Me realizing now I should have brought this up in S6 to try and get Halegs a better ranking in the Top 20. 😢

As someone from Utah and someone who knows all about the lifestyle here I can't tell you how proud I am of his strength and bravery.  I love everyone and wish everyone in Utah would get with the times but it is hard so I just want all of us to give him all the love in the world ❤️

• Like 8

Just now, *Diana said:

As someone from Utah and someone who knows all about the lifestyle here I can't tell you how proud I am of his strength and bravery.  I love everyone and wish everyone in Utah would get with the times but it is hard so I just want all of us to give him all the love in the world ❤️

Chris Mazdzer alone makes up for the homophobic part of Utah. :giggle:

10 minutes ago, *Diana said:

ILY. ❤️

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Really happy for David, I mean he had a glass closet lol but still, it must have been a huge struggle for him to come to terms with his sexuality. Seems like he came out to his family around the same time I did, although I was public about it from that moment on

I’d rather comments like this not be made just because it’s so hard for gay people to come out that comments like these almost seem backhanded. I know you mean no harm but people should know people especially people who have shared the same struggle. Everyone’s journey is different and we don’t dictate when they feel comfortable to come out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I’d rather comments like this not be made just because it’s so hard for gay people to come out that comments like these almost seem backhanded. I know you mean no harm but people should know people especially people who have shared the same struggle. Everyone’s journey is different and we don’t dictate when they feel comfortable to come out.

That's not a comment that's usually taken as offensive in queer spaces. At least from my experience, it's always been a lighthearted thing.

I'm sorry if it upset you.

I knew Archie was gay already but also knew his background was keeping him from being out and proud. So happy that he finally took this step in his journey :wub:

but seriously now anyone who proposes to cut an Archie song will be deemed a homophobe ❤️ 

28 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

That's not a comment that's usually taken as offensive in queer spaces. At least from my experience, it's always been a lighthearted thing.

I'm sorry if it upset you.

No, not at all. I know that’s not in you. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JC said:

I knew Archie was gay already but also knew his background was keeping him from being out and proud. So happy that he finally took this step in his journey :wub:

but seriously now anyone who proposes to cut an Archie song will be deemed a homophobe ❤️

image.thumb.jpeg.2d5916cd40f7019fd553203de5ad048b.jpeg

• Like 1