American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

4 hours ago, goofycilla90 said:

sorry for the delay, my sister was recently admitted into a mental hospital so I have been preoccupied with that. :( She said it was okay to let you all know. ❤️

❤️❤️❤️ to you and Victoria

3 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I hope she receives the help she needs! ❤️ 

This! We all know Victoria is super strong and a survivor, so I hope that she is somewhere where she has access to every resource and help she needs right now

20. Breanna Steer "Bust Your Windows"

6XbYNwB.png

16.6/20

Watch Here

@Elliott - 7/20

@Alex95 - 9/20

@*Lily - 10/20

@Crisis - 11/20

@hayden98 - 12/20

@JC - 14/20

@Zoey - 14/20

@rdhaley96 - 15/20

@sublymonal - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 17/20

@Steven_ - 17/20

@NGM - 17/20

@*Wallace - 18/20

@jarmon - 19/20

@*Chris - 19/20

@*Amanda - 19/20

@QueenKalie - 20/20

@goofycilla90 - 20/20

@*Diana - 20/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 20/20

@1234567890 - 20/20

@#jeah - 20/20

@taylorkat - 20/20

@Solaris - 20/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 20/20

Elliott

I mean I personally preferred Flaws and All to Bust Your Windows, but I'm still glad we got Brenna representation in the final vote! One of my favourites from S12 and Janelle making the Top 10 over her based off their two performances was truly gross.

Alex

This wasn't a perfect performance, but it was still a great song choice and really strong. Brenna had so much untapped potential and it's a shame she didn't make the finals.

Lily

I respect anyone with the nerve to take on a Jazmine Sullivan song first of all. It kinda surprises me that this is the only "Bust Your Windows" performance on Idol since I feel like it was such a talent show staple at one point? I thought Breanna really held her own though and I love that this snuck into top 20.

Crisis

I never thought this would make the finals, but I am certainly not complaining about it! I think more than anyone Breanna brought a contemporary R&B vibe to the season, and this performance epitomized that. Jazmin Sullivan can be difficult to pull off because she has such a distinct voice; however, Breanna more than held her own. I expect this to finish last if not really low and wished I could’ve ranked this higher, but I’m hoping for at least a decent spot.

JC

Love her vibe, honestly would put her higher if she had any chance to beat Candice :rofl: Not the best vocal, but I find her entertaining.

Derek

not good. ending made me lol

Wally

I'm really surprised that Breanna's "Bust Your Windows" made it to the finals, but.... I'm not too mad about it. I just wish that Aubrey could have also been in this Final 20 with her, as I was a bigger fan of hers but oh well. :haha: But I kinda like it when unexpected performances like this can make it to the end. I love this song, and like the sassy attitude that Breanna has and sells this song with. I do think she could have gotten a little feistier here as well. She sang the song well. I did really like the big power note she hit at the end. This was a pretty cool performance.

Chris

A great performance but was it Top 20 worthy ? Unsure about that.

QK

This is just a terrible performance but every season needs an easy #20 I guess.

Andy

Nope, I'm sorry. I watched this just now and I don't understand how this was pushed into the final vote? It's good? A fine vocal. I'm just going to pretend that Aubrey's Sweet Dreams was here instead

Sola

Literally, who? Should have been Zoanette.

Kevin

Of all the whobody semifinalists from any season to randomly get behind, you all choose Breanna Steer? :whut: There was nothing standout or noteworthy about anything she did. Stole Queen Zoanette's spot in this top 20.

19. Amber Holcomb "The Power Of Love"

TUXv8VR.png

15.3/20

Watch Here

@JC - 4/20

@Zoey - 5/20
@FrogLenzen - 8/20

@taylorkat - 10/20

@*Lily - 12/20

@*Wallace - 12/20

@hayden98 - 14/20

@1234567890 - 14/20

@Alex95 - 14/20

@rdhaley96 - 14/20

@goofycilla90 - 15/20

@NGM - 15/20

@*Amanda - 17/20

@jarmon - 18/20

@#jeah - 18/20

@Solaris - 18/20

@QueenKalie - 19/20

@*Diana - 19/20

@sublymonal - 19/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 19/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 19/20

@Crisis - 19/20

@*Chris - 20/20

@Steven_ - 20/20

@Elliott - 20/20

JC

AMAZE, stunning, her and Angie were my saving grace of this season devoid of hot males who could sing. Thank the lord for Amber and this performance. UNF 👑

Derek

fine

Lily

Difficult song to sing and I think she held her own pretty well. I wish she had just the slight more stage presence in this performance as I just felt like that was holding her back. It wouldn't be in my top 2 Amber performances to advance, but I still really liked it, although I'm kinda expecting it'll be #20 or near to there.

Wally

I'm really glad that Zoey & Priscilla advanced an Amber performance into the finals, as I was worried about Amber's representation here. I do really like this performance from her and it's probably my 6th or so favorite from Amber but I do have other bigger faves from her, I would have preferred in the finals. Namely "What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life?," which I am super bummed missed out in the finals. And also shout-outs to "I Believe In You and Me," "Lately," "What About Love" and "Love on Top" as those were my other favorite Amber performances that missed out.  The opening a capella section of this performance was really gorgeous. She has such a rich and beautiful voice, and shows it off beautifully. I do really love how she powers through the chorus. I also like how she sings the song in a lighter way where she showcases some softer and falsetto notes. All in all, a beautiful performance. I do fear this could come in last but I'm hoping it doesn't. Although if it avoids last, I'm sure it'll come in 19th.

Alex

This was pretty. Amber always looks f*cking amazing and she has such a nice voice. Tbh, this song just needs to be retired from singing competitions, there's nothing interesting anyone can do with this song at this point. It was a fine, but wholly unmemorable performance.

Andy

Another odd choice for the top 20 imo but Amber's vocals are beautiful here, love the ending in falsetto especially

Sola

gross

QK

If Hollie's superior version of this song didn't make the top 20 then this shouldn't have either.

Kevin

I love Amber, and she was done dirty in this game, but this performance in particular has no business being in the top 20.

Crisis

Amber was someone who I wasn’t too big on during S12 but have come to appreciate her some over the years. With that said, I thought she had better performances than this and was somewhat surprised this was sent to the finals. Definitely one of the weakest here.

Chris

I'm actually puzzled as to why this performance of Amber is in the Top 20 especially over some of her superior ones that got cut.  Also, one of my least favourite rendition of this song on the show. 

Elliott

We really needed a mediocre Amber vocal of an overdone song in the final vote? smh. The Amber on tour who did fun, upbeat numbers >>> the Amber on S12 who was choosing from the same ballad set list as Jessica Sanchez and Hollie Cavanagh.

18. Janelle Arthur "The Dance"

iTOIlMh.png

14.8/20

Watch Here

@QueenKalie - 2/20

@Steven_ - 4/20

@*Diana - 6/20

@jarmon - 8/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 8/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 11/20

@JC - 13/20

@Zoey - 13/20

@hayden98 - 15/20

@Solaris - 15/20

@goofycilla90 - 16/20

@1234567890 - 16/20

@*Chris - 17/20

@sublymonal - 17/20

@#jeah - 17/20

@FrogLenzen - 18/20

@NGM - 18/20

@taylorkat - 18/20

@Elliott - 19/20

@*Lily - 20/20

@*Wallace - 20/20

@Alex95 - 20/20

@*Amanda - 20/20

@rdhaley96 - 20/20

@Crisis - 20/20

QK

The Dance and You Keep Me Hangin' On are two my all time favorite performances on the show she really knocked them out of the park and I have rewatched them countless times so far.

Kevin

I loved the subtle nuance of this performance personally.

JC

Not really a fan of this performance. Sorry Janey. Way too country.

Chris

One of my all-time favourite Country song, and I thought Janelle did a very good job with. Unfortunately, I can't really justify having it any higher than this though as I preferred the other performances more. And unfortunately, it's not one of my favourite rendition of the song. 

Andy

This really didn't need to be in the top 20, but I guess I'm not mad it's here because her voice is very soothing to listen to. Actually this is a really strong performance vocally, albeit quite boring and that glory note at the end was a bit wobbly.

Derek

I was about to type that this wasn’t bad but then that last note slapped me across the face. Compared to the rest of this top 20 she’s like a high school talent show

Elliott

Aubrey really should've had a performance here over this, smh.

Lily

A top 20 performance? Hmm ok. Interesting. I feel bad having not much great things to say about two of Janelle's performances here, they were both fine vocals, but they are also completely interchangable and forgettable to me.

Wally

I will admit that I am quite salty that Janelle has the same amount of performances as Angie and more performances than Amber in this Final 20. :ph34rwave:  I do think Janelle's best 3 performances made it to the end, which is good at least. But this is my least fave of the 3 and the one I could have done without. This was a very pretty performance from Janelle, where she connected and sang well. It's not in my personal Top 20 but I do like this from her.

Alex

Mediocre is too kind a word to use to describe this performance.

Crisis

I always thought Janelle was a bit on the underrated side. However, I wouldn’t have this performance in my Top 20. This performance was OK, nothing groundbreaking, and the weakest of this Top 20. With that said, I would probably have it in the Top 50.

17. Angie Miller "Nobody's Perfect"

UCytplM.png

13.2/20

Watch Here

@JC - 3/20

@*Diana - 3/20

@1234567890 - 3/20

@taylorkat - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 11/20

@QueenKalie - 11/20

@goofycilla90 - 11/20

@hayden98 - 11/20

@Alex95 - 11/20

@jarmon - 12/20

@*Amanda - 12/20

@sublymonal - 13/20

@Elliott - 13/20

@*Wallace - 13/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 15/20

@*Chris - 16/20

@*Lily - 16/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 16/20

@Solaris - 17/20

@rdhaley96 - 18/20

@Crisis - 18/20

@Zoey - 19/20

@Steven_ - 19/20

@#jeah - 19/20

@NGM - 20/20

JC

She slayed this season, and this was another performance that proved so. Angie was done so dirty in this rankdown and probably will be done dirty in this final ranking, but she is the true winner of the season fosho. :wub:

Derek

a little chaotic but fine

Alex

This is probably my favorite Angie performance lol. I think it was a fun and a bit out there. Having said that, it lacked an authenticity, which in general is one of my many problems with Angie. A very tryhard performance, but fun.

Elliott

I really enjoyed this.

Wally

Angie's first performance on the competition. 😮 This was a really good performance from Angie, but not one of my very top favorites of hers. But I do love how she twisted up and made this song to her, into a pop power ballad. It's an interesting take to the song. She sang this song well and I liked the emotional connection she had with this. I do love how she powers through the bridge of this song. But I also want to shout out "I'll Stand By You," "Halo" and "Try" as I loved all of those performances even more from Angie. But I do love this performance more than from what I remembered, so that's good.

Kevin

It was good, I at least remember it.

Chris

Angie's obsession with Jessie J during Season 12 was a mood that I was living for.  Anyway, Angie did a great job with this performance and truly set herself up as a front runner - not my favourite performance of that night or my favourite performance of hers hence why I am ranking it here, but it certainly deserves to be in the end game. 

Andy

This is a case similar to Hollie for me where I never really loved the tone of her voice, despite recognizing that she's technically a great singer. She did go off key a few times but there is a definite power to her voice. Also, ngl not a huge fan of this song choice.

16. Candice Glover "Straight Up"

sxpDWg9.png

12.6/20

Watch Here

@FrogLenzen - 5/20

@hayden98 - 6/20

@Alex95 - 6/20

@*Lily - 8/20

@Zoey - 9/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 9/20

@*Amanda - 9/20

@*Chris - 10/20

@Solaris - 10/20

@sublymonal - 11/20

@taylorkat - 12/20

@Crisis - 12/20

@NGM - 14/20

@JC - 15/20

@QueenKalie - 15/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 15/20

@Elliott - 15/20

@1234567890 - 15/20

@*Wallace - 15/20

@Steven_ - 16/20

@#jeah - 16/20

@rdhaley96 - 16/20

@*Diana - 18/20

@goofycilla90 - 19/20

@jarmon - 20/20

Alex

I had a bad feeling that this performance would be lower than it deserved. I think it's such an underrated performance. I'm obsessed with Candice's arrangement and it has such a cool and jazzy feeling to it. I think women generally get less praise for their arrangements than men on this show and this is one of the many examples of that.

Lily

Candice could take any song and just elevate it to new and exciting levels, this is no exception to me. Even when it's not one of my top performances of hers in the endgame, those moments outshine other people's greats to me. A really fun take on the song.

Kevin

Fantastic and a great example of Candice's artistic brilliance that she does not get enough credit for.

Chris

Completely surprised us all with this performance, it was a nice change of pace for Candice.  This is another performance that I would have love to have higher but I personally prefer the performances above it way more than this one. 

Sola

One of my favorites from Candice, and is too underrated! 

Crisis

This was a performance that grew on me when I re-watched it. At first I was going to rank it lower because although Candice never really had a bad performance, this wasn’t one of my favorites of hers and was disappointed some of her other performances (A Natural Woman, Come Together, and Somewhere) were cut while this one hung around. However, I kind of dug the jazzy arrangement and vocal licks she brought to the table. It was enough for me to bump it up a few spots from where I was going to originally rank it.

JC

snoring. no wonder people people think Lovesong and I Who Have Nothing are such good performances of hers. The rest legit just put you to sleep. 😴

Elliott

I really enjoyed this, but I wish some other Candice performances had made it over here instead.

Wally

This is my least favorite performance of Candice's in this Top 20, but.... that's not saying much as I still really like it. I do love how she took an unexpected song, a Paula Abdul classic, and how she twisted it around and made it into this cool jazzy performance. She added such a jammy slick approach here. She was just so cool here. And of course, she was on point and nailed this vocally. I enjoyed all of the vocal choices she made which were so interesting and cool. This isn't one of my very favorites from Candice, as I would have much preferred "Somewhere" here over this, but I'll always take as many Candice performances in the Top 20 as possible.

Andy

Forgot this performance existed!! This is a really cool arrangement and as usual Candice nails this vocally. Personally, I'm not as crazy about this as I want to be because I feel like the song isn't really meant to be sung as powerfully as Candice does here, so it feels a little aggressive to listen to idk. But I appreciate what she did here!

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 12 - 20-16 Posted)
18 hours ago, goofycilla90 said:

sorry for the delay, my sister was recently admitted into a mental hospital so I have been preoccupied with that. :( She said it was okay to let you all know. ❤️

Aww just saw this. Sending her much love and best wishes. :hug:❤️ 

Ahh yeah Brenna was a fair #20 spot, and totally expected. Not too mad about that. Yay Andy for the Aubrey props mentioned! Also wow at 9 #20s.

A bit sad but not surprised and expected Amber's TPOL to come in 19th. I'm glad it didn't come in last as I did fear that. Hoping MFV can fear better and make it to the next sedt but not too hopeful. I do agree with others in wishing other performances of hers (which could have ranked higher) got selected over this one, but oh well.

Not too surprised with Janelle's TD placement. Really good, but was my least fave of hers of this Top 20 so I am cool with this showing up first of her performances. Oooh 6 #20s here.

Ooh I would have preferred Angie's NP to rank a bit higher but not too mad at it coming in at #17. Really good and solid performance.

Okay, if a Candice performance had to show up on the first set, it definitely had to be "Straight Up." I would have preferred a few other performances to have shown up and hoping for this to make it to the 2nd set but this also shouldn't be too high either. I do agree with Alex/Kevin's comments here on her cool arranagement of this song and how her arrangements doesn't get enough credit in general. But I also agree with pretty much all of Crisis' performances especially all of those robbed Candice performances.

20 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Candice in the first set..?

miss jay gif GIF

😢 

(Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come for the future sets?)

21 minutes ago, Solaris said:

no surprises  Wish Straight up had done better, but thats okay

8 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Straight Up in the first set ? How?!

Same to these comments. I'm ~okay with it being in the first set but was hoping it could have made it to the 2nd set. I know I ranked it low and maybe I should have put it higher but I didn't know what else to lower from my Top 14. :dead: 

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Five more 20s left, but still many more 19s 18s, etc. 

Yeah I noticed lots of #20s showing up already. 😮 

2 hours ago, *Diana said:

Angie in the first set ? How?!

Haven't you seen how this round has been towards Angie? :dead: But yeah, it's not really surprising. :( Hopefully at least one of hers can make it really high - or both can make Top 10.

1 hour ago, JC said:

Only one actually was in my bottom 5, thank the lord at least one showed up. Breanna probably deserves #20, but at least she's entertaining.

Technically none of your Bottom 5 showed up as you put "Straight Up" at 15th. Although I am sure we all know who takes up all of your Bottom 5. 🙂 

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

@*Wallaceranking the song I advanced #20 is noted! 

Lol why you pointing out only me rather than all the others that put "The Dance" there? :haha: 

Anywho, you should know my ranking has nothing to do with or against you, as I rank the performances on how I feel. And also have ranked plenty of performances you've advanced at other various spots. :haha: