@Weedy_Speedy - 17/20

@*Diana - 18/20

@hayden98 - 18/20

@*Chris - 19/20

@*Wallace - 20/20

Derek

um okay.

Alex

While I do think the awful blame can take some of the blame for this performance, I just don't think this is a good song choice for a competition song. It does nothing for Jessica who we know is stronger than this. I still can't believe we let this beat "Somebody To Love".

Wally

The way I was wanting to cut this performance at some point but it makes the Top 20 via the battle rounds. Got me out here looking like Boo Boo the Fool.  This was an unexpected performance from Jessica to make the finals. I did not expect this to beat out "Somebody to Love," which I actually liked but congrats to this one. This was always one of my lesser fave performances from Jessica that I never cared for. I was hoping to maybe like this more on rewatch but that didn't happen. The song bores me and sadly Jessica's version didn't do much to change that for me, as I found this performance very boring and forgettable.  An easy #20 for me but it's Jessica so I'm sure this could rank decently.

14. MK Nobilette "All Of Me"

gS5bimM.png

12.2/20

Watch Here

@Zoey - 3/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 3/20

@Solaris - 5/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 7/20

@1234567890 - 7/20

@hayden98 - 7/20

@*Diana - 8/20

@goofycilla90 - 11/10

@QueenKalie - 13/20

@Crisis - 14/20

@jarmon - 14/20

@Elliott - 15/20

@*Chris - 15/20

@Steven_ - 15/20

@totes4totes - 15/20

@*Wallace - 16/20

@sublymonal - 17/20

@Alex95 - 17/20

@FrogLenzen - 18/20

@taylorkat - 18/20

@*Amanda - 19/20

Wally

"All Of Me" was my favorite performance from MK, and what I consider her best, so I'm not mad at this making it here. I really love this song and thought she sang it well. She poured a lot of heart and emotion into this. Oooh, I wonder who that lady was in the audience crying to this.... was that her mother? Anyway, this was a lovely tender performance from MK. She doesn't have the biggest range but she utilized it well here.

Andrew

I know she’s gay but I was never a fan.

Alex

A very vulnerable and heartfelt performance, but also a below average vocal. MK never really aged well for me, except that I believe she was the first openly gay Idol contestant on the show so good for her.

Derek

please retire this song and never sing it on any show ever again. This didn't show off anything about her talent imo zzzzzzzzz

13. Majesty Rose "Tightrope"

w8POG6A.png

11.9/20

Watch Here

@Weedy_Speedy - 5/20

@1234567890 - 6/20

@Alex95 - 7/20

@QueenKalie - 8/20

@goofycilla90 - 8/20

@*Wallace - 8/20

@*Chris - 10/20

@Steven_ - 10/20

@Solaris - 11/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 12/20

@Crisis - 12/20

@sublymonal - 12/20

@taylorkat - 13/20

@*Diana - 13/20

@Zoey - 14/20

@totes4totes - 13/20

@Elliott - 16/20

@hayden98 - 16/20

@*Amanda - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 19/20

@jarmon - 20/20

Alex

This performance is so fun and Majesty is so fun! Majesty & Jess were my early faves of S13 before Jena & Caleb took over. I think with the right songs like this one, she could've been a contender. Majesty honestly had something special that not every Idol contestant has.

Wally

Ooof Majesty is someone who really had quite the rollercoaster journey on the show, it was quite crazy to watch. :haha: But Majesty singing "Tightrope" was a highlight of her run and the peak of my liking/fanning for her. I love this song and loved seeing this fun and funky side from Majesty. :bobo: This is such a fast song lyrically song, especially on the verses, to sing but she handled it really well. I do really like how she sang the chorus which was fun. But my favorite part of the performance is where she gets to the breakdown/bridge of the song with the "you can't get too high, you can't get too low" part. This was the part where she wsas really letting loose and having fun with this song. Then she was doing the little tightrope leg movements too. The latter half of this performance was fantastic. I do wish she let loose more and earlier on the performance (as she seemed to be thinking about getting the lyrics out). But all in all a great performance, and I'm glad this won the majority vote in its battle round to get here!

Derek

this song is way way way way more difficult than she thought lol. In order to keep the momentum and energy going and keep the repeating lines interesting you have to do a lot more than this. Total fail of a song choice

12. Jena Irene "Barracuda"

SrgEokv.png

11.8/20

Watch Here

@goofycilla90 - 5/20

@sublymonal - 5/20

@FrogLenzen - 6/20

@totes4totes - 6/20

@Alex95 - 8/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 9/20

@1234567890 - 9/20

@taylorkat - 9/20

@Elliott - 10/20

@hayden98 - 10/20

@QueenKalie - 11/20

@*Wallace - 11/20

@*Amanda - 11/20

@Crisis - 16/20

@Solaris - 16/20

@jarmon - 16/20

@*Chris - 17/20

@*Diana - 17/20

@Steven_ - 18/20

@Zoey - 18/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 20/20

Andrew

Jena + Heart = Magic

Derek

I'll admit that I hate when idol contestants try to create a rock vibe by walking around and making faces on this show because it always come across contrived. But vocally this was good 

Alex

Not surprised this was the first Jena performance to fall. Obviously Jena is at her peak when she's sitting behind the piano. I can admit that some of her uptempo performances were a bit rough, so it was great to see her knock this one out of the park (and "My Body" ughhhhhh so robbed!!!!!!) Jena had so much fun with this performance and she really went for it while singing well. A great performance from the star of the season!

Wally

"Barracuda" was such a fun and electrifying performance from Jena! I know Jena's rockier performances can be hit or miss, and I do often feel that but I do feel this performance was definitely a hit. And probably my favorite rock performance of hers? I love the song and thought this was a perfect song choice for her. She performed this with so much confidence and fierceness, and came off as such a natural here. Although I can also get Keith's comments of thinking she could release more. I do love how she sang the verses and chorus throughout the song. And I also loved the part where she was singing with the female backup singer. She just owned the song and gave such a great dynamic performance!

I also didn't realize this was Jena's only uptempo rock performance amongst the finalists. Maybe we should have pushed for "My Body" rather than "Unbreakable Me," huh? :haha:

11. Alex Preston "Fairytales"

v2i7L79.png

11.0/20

Watch Here

@*Chris - 3/20

@hayden98 - 3/20

@FrogLenzen - 4/20

@Crisis - 5/20

@QueenKalie - 7/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 8/20

@1234567890 - 8/20

@*Amanda - 9/20

@*Diana - 10/20

@*Wallace - 10/20

@Alex95 - 10/20

@totes4totes - 12/20

@Steven_ - 13/20

@sublymonal - 13/20

@goofycilla90 - 14/20

@Zoey - 15/20

@Elliott - 17/20

@taylorkat - 17/20

@Solaris - 17/20

@jarmon - 17/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 19/20

Derek

this was actually good. on pitch, had style, in his range, had levels.

Wally

Aww I do feel kinda bad for Alex in this game, because while I am not really much of a fan of his, I do think he deserves more than one performance on here especially if Sam Woolf can get 2, oops. I wish "Say Something" could have made it through but sadly that was up against other performances I really liked so I couldn't support that which I feel bad about. :broken: But "Fairytales” is my favorite performance of Alex's and I am glad it made it into the finals, so thank you to Priscilla on advancing this. I thought Alex sang and connected to this song really well. He gave a great vocal here. I do like the arrangement and all of the vocal range he showcases here. This is just a very cool and easygoing performance. I also really love the studio version of this song, and even moreso than the actual performance. 

Alex

I'm glad the three originals made it to the end because they're shockingly good considering the low standards I had for the Idol contestants. I'm a little sad Alex is so underappreciated on this site. Despite the Candice win, obviously people were still understandably suffering from WGWG fatigue, but I think Alex is better than most of them (his problem is that he's not conventionally attractive but that's a whole other conversation). Anyways, this song was great, this performance was great, and I'm sad for him it missed top 10.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 13 - 15-11 Posted)
1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

AND YET CALEB WON

Lol I think Caleb's a different category of WGWG than Alex and looks don't matter for him.

And I was mainly talking about IDF's perception, not America's.

Edited by Alex95

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Outside of their dedicated fanbases, IDF as a whole has hated any WGWG post-Kris, though. :rofl:Like Phil's popular here now because he was successful, but Kris was the last one that IDF overwhelmingly liked. :haha:

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol I think Caleb's a different category of WGWG than Alex and looks don't matter for him.

still baffling that caleb won. And also that he got TWO songs here while Alex only had ONE. Sam Woolf got TWO. SMH!!!!!!!!!

I think Alex it's a mix of not conventionally attractive plus the fact that he sang "The A Team" so immediately lost 100000 points for singing a lame Ed Sheeran song.

- I had a feeling Jessica's The Sound of Silence would do well enough to make it into the 2nd set. Shook seeing Diana ranking this at 18th. Agreed with Alex's comments + the Somebody to Love comments.

- Fair spot for MK's All of Me to come in at. I would have preferred Malaya's and Caleb's performances from the previous set to have ranked higher but not mad here.

- Aww sad that Majesty's Tightrope didn't rank higher but I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. Hmm maybe I should have edged this up a spot too. 13th is still good, but this performance was a lot of fun and peak Majesty! Ew @ Derek's comments and ranking. 😘 Although agree that this is a really tough song to sing, lol.

- Ooh I ranked Jena's "Barracuda" at 11th, so this coming in at 12th is not bad at all. Not too surprised this was Jena's first performance to show up, and not too mad about it.

- Alex's "Fairytales" making it to 11th..... not too mad about it. Although it depends on what #10 is. With the very low and lack of support for Alex in this game, I actually expected this to rank much lower and do much worse. So it's an achievement he made it here. :haha: Great performance.

So the Top 10 is 5 Jessica performances, 4 Jena performances and 1 Caleb performance. Pleasantly surprised but happy Caleb made it there. Thinking his performance will show up in the next set though not sure which number. 8th is probably the highest? 

Curious how all of these Jessica and Jena performances will rank amongst each other. Def expecting Jessica do better overall.

12 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Yeah I think Alex's talent would magically be appreciated more here if he looked like, say, Sam who is much much worse but somehow has more performances in the finals

For me personally, I like Sam's tone more than Alex's. I enjoyed Alex well enough by S13 standards, but his whispery tone doesn't leave a lasting impression on me. :haha: Sam was also much more miss-and-miss, though.

45 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Was Caleb even an actual WGWG? I don't really remember him playing the guitar in any of his performances so that shouldn't classify him as a WGWG right? :haha: 

But oooo you actually bring up a good/fair point regarding Alex's lack of popularity. Sam was the more ~conventional/attractive~ WGWG of the season and he did seem to have a bit more of a vocal fan following, so I wonder if Alex would have been popular if he looked more like Sam. 

But also not saying that Sam fans only liked him for his looks as I don't think that's true either.

50 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Outside of their dedicated fanbases, IDF as a whole has hated any WGWG post-Kris, though. :rofl:Like Phil's popular here now because he was successful, but Kris was the last one that IDF overwhelmingly liked. :haha:

This is very true! :haha: 

46 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

excuse me you have to use his full name Phillip Phillips so that you know that his parents with the last name of Phillips decided to name their child Phillip. 

44 minutes ago, Elliott said:

He's named after his dad.

OMG I didn't know his father's name was Phillp. This is too much. :dead: 

19 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Yeah I think Alex's talent would magically be appreciated more here if he looked like, say, Sam who is much much worse but somehow has more performances in the finals

Not you saying the same thing I was saying before I read that you said it. 🙈 :dead: 

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

For me personally, I like Sam's tone more than Alex's. I enjoyed Alex well enough by S13 standards, but his whispery tone doesn't leave a lasting impression on me. :haha: Sam was also much more miss-and-miss, though.

This is a fair statement. :yes: And I do agree with most of this too. Although I do prefer Alex over Sam.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

IDF called him one. :rofl:

Yeah, this one I found bizarre because he isn't like the other WGWGs or played the guitar on his run. :haha: 

46 minutes ago, Elliott said:

IDF called Paul Jolley a WGWG in S12 and he doesn’t even know to play guitar :dead:

OMGG I'M CRYING. :dead: So literally any white guy is a WGWG on here. :dead: 

33 minutes ago, hayden98 said:

Not that I care too much considering it's season 13, but I'm judging you all for the Malaya and Alex placements (I lowkey didn't remember that Alex had a good voice until I rewatched Fairytales oops lol)

Sipping Kermit The Frog GIF

• Like 1